Bucket Mount Snow Plow

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The content of this post has been edited by the author to remove any possibly offensive material. Sorry for the post.

Last edited:

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
thats quite genius!!!! love the idea, I built one similar just it pins onto my home built fork frame.... like the bucket mount idea even more!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
B2650 tractor with a 60" Bucket and a 6 1/2' plow (not sure of the brand)

I had this setup in my last tractor and it worked great. This time around I was able to improve/simplify it a little. The power angle plugs right into the front remotes.

The plates are 1/2" thick and are welded in right next to where the gussets on the back of the bucket are (super strong). They don't take anything away from the bucket and don't require bolting/unbolting anything.

I have always liked the advantage of 2 cutting edges. Most of the time it is only the plow, but when you want to cut/backdrag you can't beat having two.

View attachment 46378

View attachment 46379

View attachment 46380

So far I have pushed a 2' storm and a 6" snowfall. I am very happy with the results.
Not too bad.

You would get a better view if you would have just gotten a SSQA plate to add the mounts too. ;)

That is the reason for SSQA, quick on and quick off or quick swap from one to the other.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The content of this post has been edited by the author to remove any possibly offensive material. Sorry for the post.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
That's a clever idea, but I don't see the fascination with two cutting edges. It appears that the bucket edge would be easy to drag while plowing forward and scoop up snow between the blade and bucket.

As NIW said, the SSQA plate is a pretty handy way to go. Back dragging isn't a problem. The plow blade normally floats and presses down with its own weight (suspended with chain like on a pickup truck).

Using the SSQA plate allows the plow frame to be scooted back. That reduces the overall length of the equipment and gives the plow less leverage to act as a rudder.

Snow plows as normally mounted on trucks have no means of down pressure and do pretty well. I can add weight to the SSQA-mounted blade if necessary by putting the loader in float. If I'd encounter some really tenacious stuff, I can put the weight of the front half of my L4240 on the edge of the plow blade.

Here's a good thread on SSQA mounts:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/401291-snow-plow-build-finished-underslung.html

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That looks like an old Myers plow I had one on my 74 Jeep truck, damn thing weighed a ton

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
Darn nice idea, beats tying it down with chains or straps. I didn't get a QA for some basic reasons, loss of loader capacity, cost, and I really don't need it for anything else. I do agree that those old vehicle plows are heavy, I put a 6' on the BX last season and cut it down to 5' this summer to shed some static weight. I've given some thought to a bucket mount blade but haven't gone that route yet as I'm not sure I'd like the additional overall length of the unit but I like the idea of not having to drop the loader.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Last edited: