B9200 Hydro Issue

Yeutter84

Oct 11, 2016
Defiance, Ohio
So I was out today with my Kubota B9200HST and started experiencing an issue. When I drop it into high and try to move forward I hear the pump kick in but the tractor won't move forward all of the time unless I go in reverse first. Once its going it seems fine. Low and middle speeds in forward and revers seem to function fine but Hi forward was giving me issues.

I was also having issues with the range selector lever not wanting to drop into low. Rocking the speed control pedal a bit while in neutral seemed to help.

I purchased the tractor back in the fall and have had it out several times without any issues. It has under 700 hours and looks very well kept. I haven't done a transmission fluid change yet but the level looks good. I planned to change the transmission fluid this spring before I started using it more. Could the strainer or filter be the issue and what transmission fluid do most people recommend that is reasonably priced?

I really can't deal with a costly repair at this time… Anyone have any ideas here? Thank you in advance!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Seeing it works ok in first and second that pretty well eliminates the hydro from being the problem. Must be something directly pertaining to that third range, bearing or gear? bent shift lever? pretty much have to get in there to see what the problem is.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Could it also have a clutch that is going out?
Does it not go in gear at all of does it feel like it's slipping into gear?