Best attachment I have bought!

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I dont know how they make any sales on this thing at $1500. That is just so overpriced in my opinion for a little storage space. You could build something that would carry all the same stuff and be even more functional for literally $300 or so.

Id much rather have this: https://youtu.be/as9HlFi1UMo

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Tornado, how about this one? Simple, easy to fab.

I like that too! The wood one I linked the video for would be easier for me to do I think given its all wood work. I'm still a very very amateur welder, and only have a small 100amp welder.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I dont know how they make any sales on this thing at $1500. That is just so overpriced in my opinion for a little storage space. You could build something that would carry all the same stuff and be even more functional for literally $300 or so.

Id much rather have this: https://youtu.be/as9HlFi1UMo
That is a GREAT HD carryall, much better than mine.

The only downside that I can see is it's weight. You will give up payload when hauling heavy loads with a small tractor.

Like so many things, this too boils down to how one values one's time. I'm sure that the owner spent considerable time making his wonderful carryall.

It's great, and I love it. I would likely buy one if they were available for sale.

As they are not, I may still buy the (admittedly expensive) Tool Rack.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Tornado, how about this one? Simple, easy to fab.

A friend of mine made a carryall from a 175 (?) gallon residential fuel oil tank.

Unlike me, he is a good welder/fabricator, had all of the materials on hand and ended up with almost no out of pocket expenses.

He cut the tank and installed hinges such that the top portion opens but could be closed and locked with a padlock.( He sometimes leaves things sitting around and has at least one neighbor that he does not trust.) It has support(s) on the side to lock the lit in the open position. He also welded a receiver to the rear to pull his trailer.

The three point pins and provision for the top link are welded to the steel tank.

He uses it with a 6** series Ford tractor (about 34 PTO HP) for firewood and other projects.

Again, the only down side that I know of is weight. One does not muscle it around and the weight of the carryall compromises payload.

Wish that I had photos but I do not.

SDT

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
That is a GREAT HD carryall, much better than mine.

The only downside that I can see is it's weight. You will give up payload when hauling heavy loads with a small tractor.

Like so many things, this too boils down to how one values one's time. I'm sure that the owner spent considerable time making his wonderful carryall.

It's great, and I love it. I would likely buy one if they were available for sale.

As they are not, I may still buy the (admittedly expensive) Tool Rack.

SDT
The guy in the video posts here on the forums some - Its how I found his channel. He has some nice videos on his channel. But to his carry all, Yes it is very well built. If you watch more of his videos You can quickly tell he is a guy who really takes everything to the finest detail in all he does. If I was to build one I would likely skip a lot of corners. Even on his build there You could modify it a lot to cut down on weight and build time. There are some very basic carry all's you can build from that $169.99 county line frame. If you just threw a floor and permanent sides on it, you could build it in no time and be a fraction of the $1500 for the tool rack. Just a sheet of plywood or a few boards is all it would take.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The guy in the video posts here on the forums some - Its how I found his channel. He has some nice videos on his channel. But to his carry all, Yes it is very well built. If you watch more of his videos You can quickly tell he is a guy who really takes everything to the finest detail in all he does. If I was to build one I would likely skip a lot of corners. Even on his build there You could modify it a lot to cut down on weight and build time. There are some very basic carry all's you can build from that $169.99 county line frame. If you just threw a floor and permanent sides on it, you could build it in no time and be a fraction of the $1500 for the tool rack. Just a sheet of plywood or a few boards is all it would take.
That's how I made the one that I have been using for 25 years.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
OK, folks, I pulled the trigger.

BigToolRack and optional second holder for pole saw and grommets. Yes, the options were a BIT much.

I'm a retired design engineer (among other things) with MBA and well know how much it costs to design, build and market products.

My time is valuable so I am willing to pay for useful products that might take hours of my time to reproduce.

Once my BigToolRack has been delivered, I have assembled it and have used it a time or two, I will post back with a review.

All said, I respect those of you who have the skills and time to fabricate tools to perform similar functions for less money.

Stay tuned.

SDT

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My time is valuable so I am willing to pay for useful products that might take hours of my time to reproduce.
I think when these came up before, some guys were complaining as though the dollars were being taken from their own pockets. I get and respect that; we all have opinions, and that's fine. We all also have different skill levels and time constraints. I get that too.

I, like many, will throw significant $$ at other hobbies/tools/avocations, too. If I spend $1,500 for a handgun, it's nobody's business but my own...

My point was that if it works for the buyer, great! That's all that matters.

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I bought one. I talked to Tim, the owner, about the mount for the loader Quick Attach. It basically uses a Titan Skid Steer Quick Attach Plate that is mated to a 3 point Quick Hitch. I mentioned that the ability to use it on the front loader sealed the deal for me and said that he might want to make picks of the unit on the loader a bit easier to find on his website. He took my advise and added several photos of the Bigtoolrack on the loader.
I got the orange one without the combo because I already have a QH15. I have the above mentioned Skid Steer QA Ball Mount plate. I plan to buy a cheap 3t Quick Hitch from HF and combine the two into one plate.
Titan SSQA adapter.jpg

I am impressed by the product and Tim. He said the weight specs quoted are very conservative. He talked to me on the phone today and we traded texts over a couple of hours discussing the quick attach ability and options. I have had friends from my oil field days who could fabricate something like this. It would take a dozen hours of many days and iterations. Hours acquiring parts, test fitting etc. For the money Tim is charging for this unit its worth it to me. Even if I had the skills, my time is worth much more to me that what it would take to builds something much uglier and less functional.

Last edited:

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
It's a nice attachment, but "best" I have bought? I'm guessing if you removed the loader and gave it away, you'd be changing your mind!

I never go anywhere with any tractor I own that I need that many accessories to get a job done, and I don't want to have to haul them all the time. I'd rather take what I need then have all that hanging in my way.
I assume you don't do any serious logging if you don't need that many accessories.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
Well guess what. They have a front loader Quick Connect Attachment! I'm sure they will never mention the idea of using it as a man lift. In fact I'm sure they will have a safety sticker showing a slash (no) to a man riding on it.

This option makes it a powered scaffolding. Oh, safety police need not warn me of instant death and extreme life changing liability because I have common sense and don't loan my stuff to dumb-asses.

It is tough to find how they are doing this on their web site but you can find many pictures with it on the front. This video shows the Skid Steer Quick Attach plate that is mated to a 3pt Quick Hitch.

I already have one of these
. I can probably attach an inexpensive Quick Hitch to it and retain full function of the trailer moving ball mount making it a dual use attachment.

I was hesitant when first seeing this unit because of the high price. With a front loader option I see a lot more versatility and will strongly consider a purchase.
I have used mine as a man lift knowing that it is not intended to be used as such.
But hey! How many of us have been risen to heights while standing in the bucket?
Don't lie now! lol

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I bought one. I talked to Tim, the owner, about the mount for the loader Quick Attach. It basically uses a Titan Skid Steer Quick Attach Plate that is mated to a 3 point Quick Hitch. I mentioned that the ability to use it on the front loader sealed the deal for me and said that he might want to make picks of the unit on the loader a bit easier to find on his website. He took my advise and added several photos of the Bigtoolrack on the loader.
I got the orange one without the combo because I already have a QH15. I have the above mentioned Skid Steer QA Ball Mount plate. I plan to buy a cheap 3t Quick Hitch from HF and combine the two into one plate.
I am impressed by the product and Tim. He said the weight specs quoted are very conservative. He talked to me on the phone today and we traded texts over a couple of hours discussing the quick attach ability and options. I have had friends from my oil field days who could fabricate something like this. It would take a dozen hours of many days and iterations. Hours acquiring parts, test fitting etc. For the money Tim is charging for this unit its worth it to me. Even if I had the skills, my time is worth much more to me that what it would take to builds something much uglier and less funcitonal.
Mine is being delivered this afternoon.

How long did you spend assembling yours?

FWIW: Kubota has this unit in their accessories catalog with Kubota decals and Kubota orange paint. I'm sure that it would not be there if Kubota was not confident of the quality.

SDT

Last edited:

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I spent over an hour just unwrapping the parts!
This thing was very well packaged!
I then took my time assembling as I was by myself.
It probably was another two hours of working time to get it together.
I do recommend putting the carrier together by assembling it on your 3 point hitch as it is so much easier.
If working by yourself keep some clamps handy to hold things, like the crossbar, in place.
You will really like the quality of this carrier!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I spent over an hour just unwrapping the parts!
This thing was very well packaged!
I then took my time assembling as I was by myself.
It probably was another two hours of working time to get it together.
I do recommend putting the carrier together by assembling it on your 3 point hitch as it is so much easier.
If working by yourself keep some clamps handy to hold things, like the crossbar, in place.
You will really like the quality of this carrier!

Thanks for the info.

Mine arrived Friday afternoon and I unpacked it Sunday. I spent about 90 minutes just unpacking things. Yes, it is very well packed. It is also heavier than I expected.

It has been rather cold here lately and I will be putting things together in an unheated pole barn so plan to wait a few days as it is forecast to be a bit warmer this weekend.

SDT

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
When putting it together start by putting the base onto your 3 point hitch.
It is a lot easier this way.
A couple of clamps will come in handy too.
Have fun with this, and I am positive you will find it very useful.
I love that I can leave it loaded up and ready to go on a moments notice which saves me so much time.