Decorum

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I am dismayed by the recent emotional abuse in the responses to advice threads. People are asking for help with issues. We, as knowledgeable users, are offering that advice. It should be enough to state our opinions, and allow the initiator to draw his own conclusions. We should not be trying to make other users' opinions seem less than creditable. Lets all tone things down a bit...

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Its with anything in life, if you ask a dozen different people the same question you'll get a dozen different answer. Me personally I do not try to come off sounding like a know it all and I'm sorry if I do at times. But I've been around the block a time or two with tractors so when I say something I generally know what I'm talking about.

I see it on here all to often tensions get flared to easily because some people are set in their ways and their way is better. Life is to damn short for all that nonsense. Broaden your horizons a bit a live life...

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I must have missed something, overall this seems like a pretty user friendly forum. Most of us find a way to disagree agreeably.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
gpreuss - OTT is certainly a place for everyone to come to get and give advice freely. Can you perhaps give me some more details, maybe send me them through the PM system?

Sterno

Equipment
Kubota B6100D, B7100HST, Ber-Vac S51 3PT Snowblower, Kubota A450
Dec 9, 2012
Summerland, British Columbia
I gotta say I haven't seen much in the way of flame wars around here, it's all pretty civilized.

The only things that seem to get people a bit animated are the "Which type of Oil is better?" and "HST or Gear drive?" questions which fall entirely under the heading of opinions, of which everyone has one.

Can you imagine how boring it would be around here if every single member agreed that Amsoil was the only oil and HSTs were the only transmissions worth having? :rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK now I have to clean my puter screen:D. But I have seen some new guys come in and expect an answer right away, and get a little pizzy if someone doesn't offer the answer right up,,,, "but such is life",,,, I would say that in French but I cant spell it or speak it for that matter,,,lol