Can't grease loader bucket pins

Bad Bob

Equipment
L3901 tractor
Oct 6, 2019
Huntingdon,TN
Replaced zurks fittings and still can't grease in. The left side two pins at the end of the loader arm. Any ideas?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sometimes I've seen pins that you had to work the bucket as you tried to grease them. If that doesn't work remove the pins and clean the grease vein then put them back in.

After that use quality grease so they don't get plugged up again.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I borrowed my nephews backhoe attachment for the Bobcat and evidently he had not greased it in quite some time. I tried to get grease to go in - removed and replaced the zerk - no luck - I ended up taking a small pick and slowly worked at chipping away the petrified grease until I got through to the pin and then put the original zerk back in..

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I borrowed my nephews backhoe attachment for the Bobcat and evidently he had not greased it in quite some time. I tried to get grease to go in - removed and replaced the zerk - no luck - I ended up taking a small pick and slowly worked at chipping away the petrified grease until I got through to the pin and then put the original zerk back in..
This...or push the pins out and clean or replace. My backhoe get crap jammed in the zerks...occasional plugging them. I have a couple extra pins to swap in and clean out the old ones to use later...

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Replaced zurks fittings and still can't grease in. The left side two pins at the end of the loader arm. Any ideas?
On my L4701 I have to raise the bucket to chest level with a slight dump to get grease into the pins at bucket end of loader arms.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The easiest and best fix is...DON'T USE CHEAP CLAY BASED GREASE that hardens and clogs the passages. I have zero issues greasing any of my dozens of fittings on my tractors or implements because I don't ever use cheap clay based grease.

Clay is best used for pottery, not grease.

IOW, don't buy the cheap TSC Traveller grease in tubes. it's crap.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I generally replace plugged zerks, it's the quickest and least painful solution. But I sometimes find that the old dried grease & crud that blocked the zerk has also blocked the grease passages. In that case, I use the tool GeoHorn posted. Works every time.