Disappointed in BXpanded

Jcx644

Equipment
L2501
May 18, 2019
Howell, NJ. USA
This is no way shape or form a negative review of any of their equipment. It is simply a customer being disappointed in the lack of information while ordering equipment and a heads up to those who intend on purchasing in the near future.

I placed an order for a quick change attachment and ripper for my BH77 this past Friday. I immediately received an email with an order confirmation stating that I will be updated when my order shipped. I was impressed with the convenience and prompt response from their ordering program.

Fast forward to today, Monday, I figured I would call and inquire on when I can expect my products as I have a few projects lined up next week. The gentleman on the phone advised that they are currently "3 to 3.5 weeks out on production". I was shocked and kind of annoyed at the fact that no where on the website or ordering process did it state anything of the sort. Best case scenario I'll see my stuff in a month, as they use UPS and Fedex Ground which takes 5-7 business from what I have seen.

I am assuming this is a fluke. If so, I would expect some sort of heads up on a backordered time frame like that. In conclusion, I would call if you intend on ordering something from them in the near future.

If anyone knows of comparable products from other manufacturers, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you and sorry for wasting 4 minutes of your time.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
This is no way shape or form a negative review of any of their equipment. It is simply a customer being disappointed in the lack of information while ordering equipment and a heads up to those who intend on purchasing in the near future.

I placed an order for a quick change attachment and ripper for my BH77 this past Friday. I immediately received an email with an order confirmation stating that I will be updated when my order shipped. I was impressed with the convenience and prompt response from their ordering program.

Fast forward to today, Monday, I figured I would call and inquire on when I can expect my products as I have a few projects lined up next week. The gentleman on the phone advised that they are currently "3 to 3.5 weeks out on production". I was shocked and kind of annoyed at the fact that no where on the website or ordering process did it state anything of the sort. Best case scenario I'll see my stuff in a month, as they use UPS and Fedex Ground which takes 5-7 business from what I have seen.

I am assuming this is a fluke. If so, I would expect some sort of heads up on a backordered time frame like that. In conclusion, I would call if you intend on ordering something from them in the near future.

If anyone knows of comparable products from other manufacturers, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you and sorry for wasting 4 minutes of your time.

That’s a bummer. They have always been pretty quick for me, but it seems the entire industry of experiencing substantial delays this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Welcome to 'frustration alley', sigh. Before I commit to ANY order, I check stock FIRST. Even though I've been retired for 33 years I still don't want to waste time twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to arrive.
The quick email you ot was a computer generated response, very common these days. It is sad that an item like the QA attchament is 'back ordered' for a MONTH though.Maybe it's popular and they ran out BUT I cut code(yes, real program code) to decide when to reorder and qty to order for a hobbyshop that had close to 5,000 items on the shelf. You'd think after 3 decades, computers would be smarter...
There's a place in Quebec, 'tractor attachments' (?) that should have them. I don't know if they have a USA 'storefront' though. Try Googling..... I'll have time in an hour or so to find them...

OK, here' it is...
https://tractorattachments.ca/shop/

maybe this ?
https://tractorattachments.ca/shop/en/bucket/quick-attach-backhoe-p86c78/

Jay

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
You have to expect that when it is a 'guy in a garage' operation (as most of these niche suppliers are). They make batches of items. What a single guy can make in a week. Then he sets up to fulfill the next batch the following week. They are not a company with a manufacturing line.
I am sure the first email was an automated response to your order. An acknowledgement.

I've needed stuff from them. Depending on what it was and the day of the week, varied the response time. Much the same as if some one called me asking for something.

Most companies are very small. If you want to know if something is in stock, you contact first.

Be patient.

Jcx644

Equipment
L2501
May 18, 2019
Howell, NJ. USA
You have to expect that when it is a 'guy in a garage' operation (as most of these niche suppliers are). They make batches of items. What a single guy can make in a week. Then he sets up to fulfill the next batch the following week. They are not a company with a manufacturing line.
I am sure the first email was an automated response to your order. An acknowledgement.

I've needed stuff from them. Depending on what it was and the day of the week, varied the response time. Much the same as if some one called me asking for something.

Most companies are very small. If you want to know if something is in stock, you contact first.

Be patient.
I would love to be patient, but working 40-50 hours a week at a full-time job, then running a side waste hauling operation, with a wife and 2 kids, doesn't leave much free time.:cool:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
When I ordered my BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector, it took 11 days to get it. I think the company does what it can, but I think what William1 said is true. I can tell you that it is a well made product. The tooth bar that I got from them is also well made.

I will agree that it would be nice if their web site hand the number on hand and/or when they will be resupplying the inventory.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Living in the 'I want it now' world we live in, don't always work. What you want and when you get it are 2 different things.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I've got to ask- did you join to gripe about BXpanded, or to be a member of a quality forum? If it's the latter, tell us about yourself. It's nice when your beginnings here have a positive element, not negative.

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
I purchased their backhoe dolly, and piranha tooth for the FEL. After some calling, and email exchanges, it took 6 weeks to get my items from Bxpanded. If you can wait, great. If not, do not order from there.

Jcx644

Equipment
L2501
May 18, 2019
Howell, NJ. USA
I've got to ask- did you join to gripe about BXpanded, or to be a member of a quality forum? If it's the latter, tell us about yourself. It's nice when your beginnings here have a positive element, not negative.
I had zero intentions on griping. I also run a small business and would like to think I would make potential customers aware of a backorder type situation such as this.

And unfortunately we do live in a "I want it now" type society. I agree, shame on me for assuming they had items in stock, Kudos to whoever started the company. From what I have been reading, I commend their workmanship.

It was also a little insight to those looking to purchase from them who expecting the same thing I did.

As far as myself. I starting following this site when i saved and old girl from the scrapyard about 5 years ago. I passed by an abandoned L235 under a tree almost daily. I spoke with the neighbor who informed me he tried to rebuild it as it was damaged during a 4' flood. He gave me the owners info and next thing ya know I was winching her on my trailer. I tore it down and got it running. I built and "craiglisted" every attachment I wanted ever since.

Six months ago I purchased an L2501 with a loader and box blade. Last week i had a BH77 backhoe installed. I purchased a 16" and 10" bucket. I have random projects around the property and hope to acquire side work as well.

I am thrilled and appreciative of such a knowledge forum to refer to for questions. I live in Howell, NJ and would be more than happy assisting a local member with repairs and/or fabrication.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I don't care if its a one guy or 20 guy operation, "if" I ask for time when I can expect the item..I hold them to it. Now I can understand if there are truly a unseen problems. I do not like someone selling things they don't have or can not produce on a timely manner..not saying that BXpanded is doing so but sounds like it....Always ask when can you expect the item before ordering.

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
This seems to be pretty consistent for BXpanded. I ordered the same parts on 5/7 and they arrived today, 6/10. I contacted them after waiting for two weeks and received the same response as the OP. I agree with the OP, if they would have said it will take a month up front I would not have been frustrated.

On a side note, a visual inspection indicates that the quality seems to be outstanding.

Tin Cup

Aug 17, 2018
Granger
Has anyone purchased a toothbar in the last couple of weeks? I am thinking about ordering one for my new B2650 and wondered how backed up they were.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Tin Cup
Call them ! or email them, ask 'is it in stock ?'

I made my own toothbar, best hour I spent so far this year. Cost was zip and while not exactly like theirs, it does a GREAT job turning compost, diggin dirt, etc. My bucket already has 7 holes along the bottom edge so NO drilling into it !
Any machine/millfab shop can make them, maybe 2 hrs, so you should check local shop, might only be 1 day delivery and cost less....
options, always look into options

Jay

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I've run into the same frustration - born entirely from my own impatience - with my orders from bxpanded. Couple things took a couple weeks, others were a month or so. Frustrating....yes.

Then I stop and look at the quality of what they sent me, and it's absolutely impeccable. The fit/finish is absolutely perfect, AND their products are those "unicorn" items that actually meet and exceed the gushing praise that's heaped on them in their review sections. The pirahna tooth bar is my most recent example if "c'mon, fan boys...it can't be *that* freaking fantastic of an improvement!". Well....it is, and then some lol.

In comparison - go check out the thread on the 'other' 48" tooth bar that was trending here last week. Think about how much quality, fit, and finish means to you. Write your checks accordingly. As for me and my house, we will serve our hard earned rubles to bxpanded.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I received all my stuff in 7 - 10 days. You have to remember they are a small, high quality manufacturer. They cannot ramp up production in a heart beat. Remember education is expensive, you failed to find out what the lead time would be.

Tin Cup

Aug 17, 2018
Granger
Ya I think people are spoiled with how fast some companies can ship items. I love being able to order something on Tuesday evening and have it by Thursday afternoon. I will say that I am willing to wait for a quality product. I can't say that I have heard anyone say they dislike the their PTB, they just hate the wait.

Guess I have to call and find out a wait time.....well, after the wife says I can get one.. haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
3 weeks was the latest. Expect a month if I were you. I hear they are still pretty backed up. Took mine about 25 days.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
Hummm.... I just called to see if their backhoe dolly was in stock.
BX expanded answers: Hello, "his name" how can I help you?
Me: Hi quick question, Is the backhoe dolly for a bx23s in stock and ready to ship..... SILENCE.
Thinking something went wrong I called back.... It just went into the phone Que for 2 minutes.... I gave up and hung up.

I have asked questions and have ordered before from them.... and they were top notch. But I guess asking if something is in stock / ready to ship hit a nerve???