Wire Help on a new X1100C

sns250

Dec 30, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey all, new to the site, I came upon it looking for a wiring diagram for the RTV-X1100C which I have not found so I was hoping maybe someone on here either had the work manual, or had tried to do the same thing in the past.

This UTV is actually the 3rd that we own for our snow removal operations. The first two we had the front and rear work lights installed by our dealer with genuine factory kubota parts. We ended up swapping those lights out with LED ones anyway so when we purchased this one we just skipped that option all together.

Wiring up the lights to the machine on the outside through the factory wiring was no big deal, just a positive(Green wire with yellow tracer) and a ground(black wire).

Wiring the switch up on the inside is where things have gotten a little interesting. I assumed I was going to take the dash apart and find a positive and negative spade connector back there and hook it to a rocker switch, well that is not the case. Kubota has a special plug that goes into their factory switch with 5 wires. The dealer wants almost $40.00 for this switch and I need 2 of them (one for the front and one for the rear) which seems a little crazy. I have found them online for a little cheaper but still rather pricey for a rocker switch.

Here is what I know, of the 5 wires going into the plug for the kubota switch I believe 2 are grounds cause they are black wires, and 2 are positives because they are green with the yellow tracer which match whats on the outside. The 5th wire is a green wire with a black tracer. I have regular 5 terminal rocker switches, and I assume the reason for all the wire is some sort of relay setup, but I just want to make sure I hook the appropriate wires up to the correct place in the switch.

Can anyone tell me where the green/black wire goes, and also why there are 2 positive and 2 negatives for each switch?

Sorry for the long post, but I am just trying to give as much info as possible.

Thanks

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Can't help with wiring, but this place has a plethora or rocker switches and options. I've bought from them before and satisfied.

https://www.otrattw.net/