Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 05-07-2018   #1
willierivers

Equipment: M9960 / BX2370
Default BX 2370 stalling

Have a 2013 BX2370. I have changed the fuel pump and the fuel filters and after about 30 minutes in starts to stall. It was doing this before I changed the filters and pump. At a loss as what could possibly be causing this. Thanks in advance.
willierivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2018   #2
85Hokie

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX-25D Filled Rears,Bro Tek Spacers,Piranha Tooth Bar-90'&'92 B7100HST
Default Re: BX 2370 stalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by willierivers View Post
Have a 2013 BX2370. I have changed the fuel pump and the fuel filters and after about 30 minutes in starts to stall. It was doing this before I changed the filters and pump. At a loss as what could possibly be causing this. Thanks in advance.
When you pulled off the filter.....did by chance you allow diesel to flow out of the hose? OR did you pinch it tight?

what I am getting at is a fuel restriction in the tank - it shakes around a while and then clogs the pathway.... remove that filter and let it "pee" - should be a good strong stream, if not - you have found your problem.

also - check cap, loosen cap and see if stall goes away.
85Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018   #3
skeets
VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX 2360

yup Hokie covered all of it,, you might be surprised the stuff people have found in their tanks that was giving them pretty much what you describe, everything from grass to dirt to bugs,, anything that blocks the port will give you the same thing. and like the man said check you cap, it is a vented cap and critters do find ways of blocking the vents
skeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018   #4
willierivers

Checked the flow and it was weak, know the feeling sometimes, I blew it back towards the field tank and now it has a good flow, just like my younger years. I'm going to try and syphon the fuel out and maybe pick up the trash. Been reading that removing the tank is a real pain. Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2018   #5
85Hokie

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX-25D Filled Rears,Bro Tek Spacers,Piranha Tooth Bar-90'&'92 B7100HST

Quote:
Checked the flow and it was weak, know the feeling sometimes, I blew it back towards the field tank and now it has a good flow, just like my younger years. I'm going to try and syphon the fuel out and maybe pick up the trash. Been reading that removing the tank is a real pain. Thanks again.
If you can get a chunk to come out somehow.....you'll know at least WHAT it might be......

on that model - and I have the same, the @#$$@#@# sending unit apparently rusts and that crud falls into the tank, I like you would @#$@#$@ hate to take all that stuff apart to empty the tank
85Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018   #6
rogerwh0825
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2660

Not sure if you want to go this route, but several years ago I purchased a fluid siphon from a marine store. Looks very similar to a standard pump sprayer except that instead of pressuring the tank it creates a vacuum. I've used it countless times for removing fluid and crud from various machinery.
rogerwh0825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018   #7
willierivers

I purchased a syphon and pulled the fuel out and then ran it back in through a screen. Didn't see anything. Hopefully I broke it up enough to pass through to the fuel filters. Ran good for two hours after I blew out the line. Will wait and see if it returns before I even think about pulling the tank. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 05-08-2018   #8
Charlie5320
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2670

Quote:
I purchased a syphon and pulled the fuel out and then ran it back in through a screen. Didn't see anything. Hopefully I broke it up enough to pass through to the fuel filters. Ran good for two hours after I blew out the line. Will wait and see if it returns before I even think about pulling the tank. Thanks for all the advice.
I was having the same trouble with my new to me BX2670. Didn't see anything in the filters, but the dealer said change them first. I had the cap loose when I blew mine out and made a big mess as my tank was almost full. Mine has good flow now, so I added a shocker dose of Bio kleen to my tank just in case there is an algae problem. The was no slime or anything in my filers though. I really dread having to pull that tank. I'll drain the fuel if it happens again, and use a shop vac with a piece of 3/4 heater hose to see if I can get anything out of the tank before pulling.Good luck.
Charlie5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018   #9
littleorangetractor
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7800, B6000 with Loader
Exclamation Re: BX 2370 stalling

Do Not use a shop vac to vacuum out your fuel tank. The fuel vapours may get ignited by the sparks at the motor commutator!
littleorangetractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019   #10
cthomas
1st Yr. Apprentice

In my opinion that only applies to gasoline not diesel.
cthomas is offline   Reply With Quote