L 2900 GST PTO does not disengage

kubotakid1960

Equipment
l2900 gst
Dec 29, 2018
Midway
Hello All first post, I`ve been a long time lurker here and learned quiet a lot. I have a 1996 yr.model L 2900 GST I have owned since 2008 never a problem until recently I noticed the rear PTO would not disengage. Well being a lurker of tractor forums I searched all that I found available and have narrowed it down to the snap ring failure at one way PTO clutch. My tractor as I type this is separated at clutch and flywheel housing w/ 5' between the front and back and I`m a little nervous about the disassembly of the transmission. Looking for encouragement from anyone who has been through this before. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have the WSM in front of you?

If you do I don't think it's that hard to deal with.

kubotakid1960

Equipment
l2900 gst
Dec 29, 2018
Midway
Thanks for the reply Wolfman, I do have the WSM for my tractor however it doesn't ease my fear of the total disassembly of this GST transmission. I am currently searching for the parts manual for this series tractor I`ve read somewhere that it's very helpful.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the reply Wolfman, I do have the WSM for my tractor however it doesn't ease my fear of the total disassembly of this GST transmission. I am currently searching for the parts manual for this series tractor I`ve read somewhere that it's very helpful.
Use the Online parts manual, it's zoomable and has all the detail.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

You should not have to take the GST transmission section apart to get to the one way cam, it should be behind it, but I haven't studied this model completely. ;)