L185 fuel pump not working

Westonm15

Sep 5, 2018
Texas
So I am working on this kubota l185 that has been setting for years. I’ve replaced the wiring harness, fuel lines and fluids. I’ve got it to turn over and it will start with starter fluid. I’ve found that the fuel pump isn’t pumping fuel to the injectors. It has a new fuel filter on it and I’ve bleed the lines. I’ve read I shouldn’t have to mess with the pump but I don’t know what else to do. I’ve taken the cover of the side of it and made sure all the components are working properly but it’s still not pumping fuel. Please help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Second the stop using starting fluid, you can do some serious damage! :eek:

Take the fuel line off of the side of the injection pump, fuel should flow, if not you have an issue before the pump.

If you have fuel to the injection pump yet no fuel out of injection pump, it's going to need to be rebuilt, not something I would recommend a novice do.
And if the injection pump is plugged up then very likely the injectors will be too so have both of them rebuilt at the same time.

If you can't find anyone local to do the rebuilds send me a PM, I've done quite a few of them. ;)

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
If you can get the side cover off & the control rack is free & you have plenty of fuel TO the inj. pump itself.. not a lot you can do, ON the machine.. its gotta come off..
I'd be happy to help..

Westonm15

Sep 5, 2018
Texas
If you can get the side cover off & the control rack is free & you have plenty of fuel TO the inj. pump itself.. not a lot you can do, ON the machine.. its gotta come off..
I'd be happy to help..
I figured it out I didn’t bleed the valve or bold above the fuel filter and the fuel flow was to high also. Thank you everyone for your help.