Belly mower adjustments

ratchetgmc

Equipment
bx22
Apr 11, 2009
Gloucester,va
Hi guys, I recently purchased a BX22 with a belly mower. Attempted to use it the other day and it cuts too low. I have the mower manual and it had a chart to set up the mower. Attempted to adjust with the knob just below the seat. It was set for 1.5 and tried to adjust to 2.5 to 3 inch. Raised mower then turned knob; would turn a little each way but could not turn from low setting to high setting. Should this be adjusted with mower deck up or down or does it matter. What am I actually adjusting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
You are adjusting the bottom stop position on the mower lift linkage. It should be adjusted with the mower up. The mower wheels should then be set to 1/4" from the ground. These wheels are not designed to carry te mower, only o prevent scalping. They will wear out quickly if you let the mower ride on them.
Tire pressure is very important to get a smooth cut.
Ed

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Re: Belly mower driven off mid pto, cw or ccw

Hello,

A kubota belly mower e.g. Arck 54, is driven from the rear side of the deck off the mid pto of the tractor at around 2000 rpm,
Is this correct?

This mid pro is turning, if you look to the front from the seat
Clock wise
Or anticlockwise?

I am thinking about adapting a kubota mower to some other machine.
Thanks for your comments gents

Regards

Robert

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Re: Belly mower driven off mid pto, cw or ccw

Hello,

A kubota belly mower e.g. Arck 54, is driven from the rear side of the deck off the mid pto of the tractor at around 2000 rpm,
Is this correct?

This mid pro is turning, if you look to the front from the seat
Clock wise
Or anticlockwise?

I am thinking about adapting a kubota mower to some other machine.
Thanks for your comments gents

Regards

Robert
anticlockwise

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
WOW, did this thread get off track from the OP's question?

lordulrich

Equipment
BX 2370, 60 MMM, Loader, Front Mount Snow Blower, Landpride 3 pt blade, Tiller
Jul 28, 2016
SE Minnesota
While it is supposed to adjust while up I think, I find it seems to be a little more random than that. I adjust the mower deck and keep trying lifting it up and down and eventually find a spot where it moves pretty easily. Once I get is set I generally don't move it. 1.5 is really low, mine is closer to 2.5 and that is low. What you can get by with will depend on the number of bumps in your yard.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Armylifer, I guess as long as someone gets some questions answered 9 years latter it doesn't matter.
I have to admit that I did not see the date of the OP's question. Sorry about that.