L1802 service info for Australia

Truey

Equipment
L1802DT-M
Apr 9, 2017
Batlow, NSW, Australia
I am starting this thread to share the info I am learning while servicing my L1802DT-M. Will continue updating as I gather more useful stuff.

An interesting bit on info for those who come across the L1802DT-M the M stands for Monroematic, this model has a small hydraulic cylinder on the right lower link arm for the 3PH that controls the angle of your implement via a switch panel on the right side rear mudguard/fender. Mine came with a plug in swing sensor that can be used to automatically adjust the angle of the link arms to keep your implement level. This info is missing from the article listing Kubota model designations so I thought it might be useful to someone. For Aussies, if your tractor was imported through Sota Tractors in Australia they have this feature removed or disabled, mine was from Diesel Traders according to the previous owner and it came intact.

I found most filters cross reference with car, truck or SUV filters

Air filter Ryco HDA5292 available at Burson, Repco, SuperCheap Auto
Oil Filter Ryco Z9 available at Burson, Repco, SuperCheap Auto
Fuel Filter Ryco R2451P available at Burson, Repco, SuperCheap Auto
Hydraulic Filter TI158 I ordered one online from www.kubotaparts.com.au for $39, am working on matching a brand name Australian version, have found one that meets specs but is missing the handy hex head on top. Will list the best option when I am finished researching. Original part number is 38430-37710

Engine Oil is 10w30 as per translated stickers under the bonnet/hood the cheapest option I would trust is the Gulf Western 10w30 which comes in a 5Litre for around $30 got it on sale for $16 at SCA, usually either SCA or Repco will have it on sale at opposing times.

Hydraulic/Transmission oil Cheapest option that lists Kubota UDT is Gulf Western Agritrans UTTF 10w20 can be found for $99 for 20L drum and also available in 205L and 5L. Special order at SCA or Repco
I used Penrite Tractor Transmission & Hydraulic Oil 10w30 which meets Kubota UDT and SuperUDT2 it is available at hydraulic/ tractor places, some repco stores stock it & others order it. I paid $189 for it from a local Hydraulic place would be cheaper from one of the big chain stores.

Note on the Oil filter:
My tractor had a Ryco z63 installed when I got it and it worked but was not correct. Service Dept. Vic's list has the Baldwin B2 and Wix 51068 which both cross reference to to multiple filter numbers in Australia the B2 references the Ryco Z73 Z63 & Z9 the Wix References Z100 and Z131A the Z9 is the closest to the Kubota specs and size with a high oil flow rate, the Z9 is very common on some old muscle cars and is used by guys doing up old Holden V8's for the better flow rate. I paid around $7 on special at SCA.

mrwolfe

Equipment
L1802DT, slasher, carryall, hayes posthole digger, kanga blade
Sep 16, 2019
Lilydale, Vic, Australia
I am starting this thread to share the info I am learning while servicing my L1802DT-M. Will continue updating as I gather more useful stuff.

An interesting bit on info for those who come across the L1802DT-M the M stands for Monroematic, this model has a small hydraulic cylinder on the right lower link arm for the 3PH that controls the angle of your implement via a switch panel on the right side rear mudguard/fender. Mine came with a plug in swing sensor that can be used to automatically adjust the angle of the link arms to keep your implement level. This info is missing from the article listing Kubota model designations so I thought it might be useful to someone. For Aussies, if your tractor was imported through Sota Tractors in Australia they have this feature removed or disabled, mine was from Diesel Traders according to the previous owner and it came intact.

Hydraulic Filter TI158 I ordered one online from www.kubotaparts.com.au for $39, am working on matching a brand name Australian version, have found one that meets specs but is missing the handy hex head on top. Will list the best option when I am finished researching. Original part number is 38430-37710

Engine Oil is 10w30 as per translated stickers under the bonnet/hood the cheapest option I would trust is the Gulf Western 10w30 which comes in a 5Litre for around $30 got it on sale for $16 at SCA, usually either SCA or Repco will have it on sale at opposing times.

Hydraulic/Transmission oil Cheapest option that lists Kubota UDT is Gulf Western Agritrans UTTF 10w20 can be found for $99 for 20L drum and also available in 205L and 5L. Special order at SCA or Repco
I used Penrite Tractor Transmission & Hydraulic Oil 10w30 which meets Kubota UDT and SuperUDT2 it is available at hydraulic/ tractor places, some repco stores stock it & others order it. I paid $189 for it from a local Hydraulic place would be cheaper from one of the big chain stores.

Note on the Oil filter:
My tractor had a Ryco z63 installed when I got it and it worked but was not correct. Service Dept. Vic's list has the Baldwin B2 and Wix 51068 which both cross reference to to multiple filter numbers in Australia the B2 references the Ryco Z73 Z63 & Z9 the Wix References Z100 and Z131A the Z9 is the closest to the Kubota specs and size with a high oil flow rate, the Z9 is very common on some old muscle cars and is used by guys doing up old Holden V8's for the better flow rate. I paid around $7 on special at SCA.
Interesting. The hydraulic filter being sold by most online suppliers is 30400-37710 (which is a paper filter), not 38430-37710. Given the ongoing problems I'm having with hydraulics (3 point won't lift, except immediately after starting), I now have to wonder whether the filter is the culprit.

mrwolfe

Equipment
L1802DT, slasher, carryall, hayes posthole digger, kanga blade
Sep 16, 2019
Lilydale, Vic, Australia
Hi Truey.

Any chance you can post the part number of the Australian hydraulic suction filter that you have found? The one I currently have on my L8102DT (I think it's the wrong one 30400-37710) doesn't have the nut on top either.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Oil filter should be a Fram PH8a, Wix 51515 or equivalent...

However, a longer two quart version exists, Fram PH977a or Wix 51773...

Gippy

Equipment
ZL1802DT
Aug 4, 2009
Australia

Note on the Oil filter:
Thanks for the above, much appreciated..

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Buy cheap fuel. Buy cheap light/lamps. Buy cheap tires and fill them with second-hand air.

But buy genuine Kubota filters and hyd fluids. The cost difference is small but the risks are great compared to cheap filters/fluids.

CasualNerd

Equipment
L1801DT
Oct 9, 2020
Australia
I have an L1801DT and tried to fit a Ryco z9 oil filter but it DOES NOT FIT !

The body of the filter is too wide and even though it seems close there's no way you'd be able to force it onto the threads. Things might be different for the L1802 but I think it's worth mentioning for the people like me that thought a bigger filter might be better on the L1801

The existing filter on my machine is a Sakura C6206, and the equivalent filter is a Z63, and I'll be sticking with those. The Sakura filters are cheap on ebay but you can get a Ryco Z63 at supercheap.

bamboozled

Equipment
L1802DT
Apr 26, 2021
Grose Vale
He there, anyone know how to fix or replace the small hydraulic cylinder on the right lower link arm. Mine is leaking fluid everywhere.

SAM_ILKEY

Equipment
KUBOTA L1802DT-M Tractor
Feb 23, 2024
ILKLEY, AUSTRALIA
Did anyone have information on the Coolant to use and quantity for this model?

Also how much engine oil is used for capacity?

Thanks

SAM