Pa gun owners

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
During his 2020 Budget Address, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf appeared to have bought-in to the anti-gun narrative that law-abiding gun owners are the problem, not criminals. Coming on the heels of an anti-freedom lobby day by Bloomberg’s Moms Demand Action, the Governor’s proposed gun control agenda includes:
• Extreme gun confiscation measures often referred to as “red flag” laws that authorize the seizure of firearms without due process.
• Criminalizing private transfers of firearms.
• Imposing punishments on victims that have had their firearms stolen.
• Creating firearm storage laws that remove a homeowner’s ability to quickly access their own firearm for self-defense.
This agenda is straight from former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun largesse, driven by his front-groups Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action.
These bills have one thing in common; they don’t go after criminals, they target law-abiding gun owners and the Second Amendment.
Following Governor Wolf’s speech, it is more important than ever that Pennsylvania’s gun owners, hunters and sportsmen stay-vigilant and take action during the 2020 Legislative Session. Stay-tuned to NRA-ILA’s Alerts for information and updates.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Being passive and remaining quiet is no longer acceptable. The silent majority no longer needs to remain silent. Go Vote, and rest assured that the "other" side will be voting.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Rest assured Pennsylvania is not alone with these issues. Washington state has already enacted similar legislation so this year they're tightening down on concealed pistol permits and magazines over fifteen in capacity.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is not about guns,,, It is all about control !

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Several years ago there was a small town in Oregon ( I can not remember the name ) it was mandatory you had to own a gun to live there. They had zero crime rate. I doubt if that law is still in affect today.
Every mass shooting we have had in this country has been in a gun free zone. You would think anyone with half a brain could see this.
Sorry for the rant, but these gun control freaks just p*ss me off.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hey Skeets.... your problem is, you live to close to Virginia.....lol

I dropped my NRA membership and went with GOA. Much better Org. They actually do something other than spend members money on expensive clothes and junkets. The NRA blows.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That may well be flip buy from what I see Mich aint all that much better,, but hey where ever you hang your hat is home :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That may well be flip buy from what I see Mich aint all that much better,, but hey where ever you hang your hat is home :D
Difference in Michigan versus Pennsylvania and Virginia is... We may have a wacko gun grabbing Democrat governor (the Dem mantra is elimination of 2A) if possible, but here we have a Republican majority in the house and senate so any hairbrained scheme our braindead governor comes up with with immediately be shot down by the legislative body and... Most all the legislators are hunters and firearm owners anyway.

You don't have that and neither does Virginia. Big difference.

The only reason Northam is ramming through firearm legislation is because the Virginia house and senate are Democrat controlled. Your state, not si sure as I don't follow Pennsylvania politics.

I don't hang my hat here by choice. My wife bought and owns the farm. I'm just a 'hired hand'. Given a choice, I'd be living in north Florida.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I have a friend in the Scranton area and he always complains about Philly running the entire state. I think in the same way people that live in rural up-state NY feel like they are run by the city.

Fortunately we are good here for now in New Hampshire. Our governor actually got rid of the conceal carry permit requirement so you can open or conceal carry now.

There have already been some red flag abuses in states that have them.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We are one Fed election away from total shredding of the US Constitution. We have allowed the govment schools & paid our money to colleges to indoctrinate our young that the govment is the messiah and is the only thing to protect & provide for their well being, not. I was raised in a " yellow dog democrat " home but after I got in the world went 180 from my families view. For those that don't know, it's a saying we have that Dems would vote for a yellow dog if that was their candidate before voting for anyone else.
Here in Tx we have been fighting for Constitutional carry for sometime but it just hasn't happened. We have got our carry permit changed to a License to Carry instead of concealed only but way too many places still have the right to deny entry to their business with open or concealed. Many places will post no open but do allow concealed.
I have been since in my 20's a life member of NRA & Texas State Rifle Association . TSRA has been very involved with keeping us in Tx the ability to keep firearms but those Ca, NY, & Wa liberals keep pouring into Austin & Houston. Just a matter of time before they change us.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
At my age (70), I'm not all that concerned. However, the up and coming generation should be however, having said that, they are too busy playing computer games and texting and sending 'selfies' to each other (and doing now legal in some states cannabis). Most don't even bother to vote and most have no idea about what is going to go down in the next decade.

Myself, I'll be taking a dirt nap anyway. For now I enjoy the shooting sports and will continue to do so.

Oh well. Once enslaved by a tyrannical government, it's pretty hard to reverse that course.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
At my age (70), I'm not all that concerned. However, the up and coming generation should be however, having said that, they are too busy playing computer games and texting and sending 'selfies' to each other (and doing now legal in some states cannabis). Most don't even bother to vote and most have no idea about what is going to go down in the next decade.

Myself, I'll be taking a dirt nap anyway. For now I enjoy the shooting sports and will continue to do so.

Oh well. Once enslaved by a tyrannical government, it's pretty hard to reverse that course.
I'm right there with ya, will be 71 in may.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
As a lifelong Ca resident, I can attest that once the door is open...you are screwed.

Look into the roster we have here for handguns...designed to eliminate new gun sales over time. Look into our incredibly complex laws governing
Assault rifles as well, whatever the hell and assault rifle is?

If you are not worried...you need to be.

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
This is an interesting observation from a guy I used to work with that fled the USSR when it fell in the late eighties. He said this country will survive any president or political parties as long as they do not mess with the Constitution. When they figure out a way to do that the country will fall. I believe the 2nd amendment is the first prize. BTW his father spent 4 years in prison for the crime of being a Christian. Got caught with a Bible.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
It is not about guns,,, It is all about control !
Your right. They are proposing in NY that you have to get 1million in liability insurance to own guns and some in Maine would like to also. I suppose you would have to have it for a Bible, pen, soapbox and assembling for the 1A as well as the 2A. NY is also proposing that you have to buy a hunting lic and pass a test. Pretty sure thats not what the boys meant when they wrote the Constitution.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Skeets you know how i feel about this stuff.... (i built another 556 AK in protest today)

we also have to fight these battles over here in Ohio.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well so far he hasnt approved a 3.5 billion dollar road deal like your Governor with out going through the proper channels has (yet) But he did make us the highest gas tax per mile driven in the country right after he got in.
And the AG says that unfinished 80% lowers are firearms.
There has got to be something in the water on that side of the state