M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi. The kubota fan-boys get mad when anyone suggests something non-Kubota but I would really suggest that you consider a KIOTI DK4210SE Cab model. I recently upgraded from an L2501 and the difference is astounding - and I didn't break the bank! I really think (after a lot of my own research) that the Kitoti offers a lot more than Kubota in this size tractor. You can also consider DK5510SE and the DK6010SE - these are 55 and 60HP variants of the DK4210SE. You'll love whatever you get - just go as big as the budget allows.
    M
    mindtrip
    I looked at the Kioti's yesterday. The closest dealer with a model in stock that I'd like to see is about 2.5 hours from here, so if problems it's a half-day trip to deal with it--would that be a deal breaker for you? The Kubota dealer 20 minutes from me has a great rep. I got references including single and business --they all raved about this family-owned dealership that's been around since 1955.--the sons are the owners now. Per all reports they take care of their customers very well. Only one seemed to have a quality-control tractor issue where a glow-plug broke and destroyed the cylinder; the dealer got a new engine installed for him in less than 10 days, and that was last year during supply-chain issues. I'll check out the Kioti dealers; given the proximity and reputation of the Kobuta dealership, how much would that influence your decision?

Thanks again for your help! Shopping for a tractor has opened up a whole new world of confusing lol.
    N
    nota4re
    I think you are going to have a lot of fun (and a lot of fun learning as well) regardless of which you choose. I'm envious!! All things being equal, the Kubota seems like the good choice with a known-good dealer nearby. I guess the real question is IF all things are equal. Many Kubota dealers (and Kioti dealers as well) don't have the inventory they used to have. If the Kubota dealer doesn't have a model in stock that will work for you and the Kioti dealer does, or vice-versa, that has to factor in. And price has to factor in. Make yourself a spreadsheet (like one of the ones I posted) and look at the specs and prices of comparable tractors. What does the Kioti dealer have in stock (and built) for you to look at, sit in, and drive? Anything worthy of consideration? If yes, for me some of the most fun is the "hunt"!
    N
    nota4re
    I would make the 5-hour drive to go check them out and on the same day, also go sit-in and drive a Kubota. Which do you like better ergonomically? If I was you I'd be leaning toward the Kubota... but it might be enlightening to check out the Kioti. Again, in any case, I think you are going to have a lot of fun!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…