Hydraulics are fixed, NEW problem, engine won't shut off.

Mr. Cob

New member

Equipment
BX23 tractor
Sep 29, 2026
7
6
3
Granite Falls, Washington, USA
Howdy All,

Thanks so much for your help in getting my loader working again. Before I started to work on the tractor I hit it with my pressure washer so I could even find or see the things I had to work on. I went to start the tractor to test the hydraulics, they worked well, then turned the key to shut the tractor down and it continued to run. Pinched the rubber fuel line in front of the electric fuel pump, engine continued to run. I had to disconnect the air out let tube where it exits the air filer housing and block the inlet to the engine with a piece of stiff cardboard to stop the engine.

I am "ASSUMING" that the key must operate an electric solenoid that shuts off fuel to the engine that must have gotten wet when I used the pressure washer, does anyone know where I should look for this solenoid on a BX23?

Thanks for your help.

Dave
 

jimh406

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
2,989
2,363
113
Western MT
No idea, but maybe you can use a blower to try to get rid of any left over water and then run it a bit to let it dry.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,459
11,247
113
Sandpoint, ID
When asking for information you MUST state you have a BX23D (OLDER) and not a BX23S (NEWER).
They are nothing alike.

There is a manual stop lever:

1790995456938.png

Here is the stop solenoid, it's behind the injection pump.


1790995248333.png
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,012
3,153
113
Austin, Texas
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. Cob

New member

Equipment
BX23 tractor
Sep 29, 2026
7
6
3
Granite Falls, Washington, USA
When asking for information you MUST state you have a BX23D (OLDER) and not a BX23S (NEWER).
They are nothing alike.

There is a manual stop lever:

View attachment 180015

Here is the stop solenoid, it's behind the injection pump.


View attachment 180014
Howdy N I W,

The ONLY identification I see on my tractor is, "BX23", I know it's NOT a BX23S, but I don't see a "D" on it anywhere.

"I" am a computer IDIOT, my search skills are extremely limited, if I can put a wrench on it, weld it, machine it or beat it with a big hammer I can usually fix it. If the job requires an internet search for information, working with electricity, anything electronic unless CLOSELY supervised my meddling usually results in a fire. Tomorrow when it's daylight I will try to find this part on the machine. Thanks for this information.

Dave
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,459
11,247
113
Sandpoint, ID
Howdy N I W,

The ONLY identification I see on my tractor is, "BX23", I know it's NOT a BX23S, but I don't see a "D" on it anywhere.

"I" am a computer IDIOT, my search skills are extremely limited, if I can put a wrench on it, weld it, machine it or beat it with a big hammer I can usually fix it. If the job requires an internet search for information, working with electricity, anything electronic unless CLOSELY supervised my meddling usually results in a fire. Tomorrow when it's daylight I will try to find this part on the machine. Thanks for this information.

Dave
Yes there are only 3 variants of the BX23's.
The BX23D and the BX23S, BX23S-1

All older BX23's are BX23D's and all newer BX23's are either BX23S or BX23S-1.