Backhoe subframe BH4974

LEEKguide

Equipment
B7800
Apr 19, 2024
Pa
I have a 2005 B7800. I recently purchased a backhoe for the tractor, it’s a 3 point mount system currently on the hoe. I’m aware that the 4974 is discontinued. What current model is the closest to the one I need. I’m not opposed to a little fab work to make it work, just don’t need another 2 week project.

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
Current model backhoe subframes are nothing like the older subframes. Trying to make one of those work on your tractor and also a 3 point backhoe would be a larger project than just building a subframe for the backhoe

LEEKguide

Equipment
B7800
Apr 19, 2024
Pa
Current model backhoe subframes are nothing like the older subframes. Trying to make one of those work on your tractor and also a 3 point backhoe would be a larger project than just building a subframe for the backhoe
I realize it’s going to be some work. But most times it’s way easier to adapt something similar than start from scratch. If there’s a subframe that’s close I have the knowledge and skills to fit it to my machine. As for the backhoe once I have the tractor side done then the mount for that will be fairly easy.
I’m just looking for a subframe that’s similar to the one that is discontinued for my B7800. I’ve made many calls to tractor scrap yards and kubota dealers looking for the frame and have had no luck.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I realize it’s going to be some work. But most times it’s way easier to adapt something similar than start from scratch. If there’s a subframe that’s close I have the knowledge and skills to fit it to my machine. As for the backhoe once I have the tractor side done then the mount for that will be fairly easy.
I’m just looking for a subframe that’s similar to the one that is discontinued for my B7800. I’ve made many calls to tractor scrap yards and kubota dealers looking for the frame and have had no luck.
"have had no luck"
Not surprising.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3 of them just sold on auction like 2 weeks ago.
$25 each.

It would just be wild guessing to which other subframes might or might not fit, there are way too many variables.

Last edited: