Hydrolic problems on KX71-3

Jeremy Warden

Equipment
Kubota KX71-3
Apr 12, 2024
Kountze, Texas
boggs down like something is engaged but nothing is being used last about 45 sec to 1 minute or so then stops. It does this continuously when lever is engaged.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There's a lot of 'lever' on the excavator !
Does it happen with every lever or just a certain one ?
Really need better information..
like.....
Does engine run fine ?
How old is the fuel ?
When was it last used ?
Any service done ?

Jeremy Warden

Equipment
Kubota KX71-3
Apr 12, 2024
Kountze, Texas
The engine runs great it's when you engage the hydraulic lever on the arm. It starts off ok then it sounds like something is trying to engage or is stuck on. If you pull the safety lever up it stops or wait about 30 seconds it'll stop and you can work normal operations for maybe 30 seconds or a minute and it'll do it again it's a continuous cycle. Fuel is good hydraulic fluid is good. It started after we washed it and cleaned it up

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Jeremy, It's hard to understand your question. You say "when you pull the safety lever up, it will stop". My question is, what is 'It'? Does the engine stop? Do the hydraulics stop?

Jeremy Warden

Equipment
Kubota KX71-3
Apr 12, 2024
Kountze, Texas
No sir the engine is good.
When lever is engaged all hydraulic system are pressured and ready. I can move and dig. Then all of a sudden it boggs down and you can hear a whining noise. Like the auxiliary is trying to function and we don't use auxiliary, those lines are plugged. Or like the blade or tracks are stuck on but they are not. I'm sorry for my lack of making sense lol. I am trying to send a video of what it sounds like but not sure if it will work
https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9ZPQZ70Hg2P0

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
No sir the engine is good.
When lever is engaged all hydraulic system are pressured and ready. I can move and dig. Then all of a sudden it boggs down and you can hear a whining noise. Like the auxiliary is trying to function and we don't use auxiliary, those lines are plugged. Or like the blade or tracks are stuck on but they are not. I'm sorry for my lack of making sense lol. I am trying to send a video of what it sounds like but not sure if it will work
https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9ZPQZ70Hg2P0
My guess is that maybe some water got into electronics for the controls..? You say it started after you washed the machine.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Make sure you pattern lever is fully in one position or the other.

Reactions: 1 user