Another Power Beyond Question

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
I have not posted much here, but have learned much from lurking... I will shortly be putting rear remotes on my B7610 that currently has a loader and a power beyond block installed. The power beyond block has only two ports on it, with the tank port on the side of the tractor rather than on the block. I have attached a drawing showing the routing of the hoses and the control valve in the hope that this configuration is correct and will not lead to problems. Notice that the power beyond from the loader that would normally connect to the return on the PB block now connects through a union to the new hose to the control valve. I would appreciate comments.. Thanks

Frank

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have not posted much here, but have learned much from lurking... I will shortly be putting rear remotes on my B7610 that currently has a loader and a power beyond block installed. The power beyond block has only two ports on it, with the tank port on the side of the tractor rather than on the block. I have attached a drawing showing the routing of the hoses and the control valve in the hope that this configuration is correct and will not lead to problems. Notice that the power beyond from the loader that would normally connect to the return on the PB block now connects through a union to the new hose to the control valve. I would appreciate comments.. Thanks

Frank
Thats exactly right. Make sure the power beyond conversion sleeve is installed in the N port of the auxiliary valve.

Dan

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
Thats exactly right. Make sure the power beyond conversion sleeve is installed in the N port of the auxiliary valve.

Dan
Since this is the only valve in the system, other than the loader, is the sleeve necessary? I'm only installing a top link with a single spool valve. The return port in the block feeds the 3-point. Is my understanding correct?

Frank

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Since this is the only valve in the system, other than the loader, is the sleeve necessary? I'm only installing a top link with a single spool valve. The return port in the block feeds the 3-point. Is my understanding correct?

Frank
The sleeve is REQUIRED for your plumbing to work. Without the sleeve the N port is connected to the tank core in the valve and you have two tank comnections and no power beyond pressure for the 3pt.

The 3pt is also a valve so you have actually have three valves in series:

Pump->Loader->Aux->3pt->Tank

Dan

Last edited:

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
I'm making progress. While waiting for the hoses to arrive, I decided to put a T in the tank circuit from the loader to the tank. The photo shows my T placed at the side of the tractor which is the inlet to the tank. I have to be a contortionist to get my hands in there, but it worked. I then started the tractor to observe any leaks in my plumbing, and to my surprise, there are none. PROBLEM: I raised the 3-point to check functionality, and IT WON'T GO DOWN. Did I do something I was not aware of??? The plug is to allow me to use the tractor while waiting for the hoses...

Frank

I feel kind of stupid right now... It just occurred to me that while trying to remove the cover under the seat, I closed the knob that controls the rate of drop on the 3-point. All is well....

Attachments

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm making progress. While waiting for the hoses to arrive, I decided to put a T in the tank circuit from the loader to the tank. The photo shows my T placed at the side of the tractor which is the inlet to the tank. I have to be a contortionist to get my hands in there, but it worked. I then started the tractor to observe any leaks in my plumbing, and to my surprise, there are none. PROBLEM: I raised the 3-point to check functionality, and IT WON'T GO DOWN. Did I do something I was not aware of??? The plug is to allow me to use the tractor while waiting for the hoses...

Frank

I feel kind of stupid right now... It just occurred to me that while trying to remove the cover under the seat, I closed the knob that controls the rate of drop on the 3-point. All is well....
Brass fittings are a not good idea. Yes tjat is a return line and should never see pressure but....

You will find plumbing much easier if you use steel JIC fittings. Female swivel ends are much easier to connect than NPT joints.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
Yes, JIC is much easier to connect, but lacking the correct jic on this low pressure line, I had to button it up so I could use the tractor while waiting for parts.

Frank

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not 100% sure but the tractor ports are not NPT as far as I’m aware. They are probably BSPP (British Standard Parallel Pipe). The NPT will screw into that but not seal really well. That BSPP seals with a sealing washer.

I suggest you get adapters to replace the brass with whenever your other parts arrive.

And all the thread varieties are fun to figure out! Have fun.

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
The hole in the case on this tractor is 3/8 NPT. The first fitting in the chain is an adapter to go from 3/8 NPTM to 3/8 JIC. Now, the first is a 3/8 NPT nipple to get past the transmission dip stick ant then a T to get to JIC.

Frank

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The hole in the case on this tractor is 3/8 NPT. The first fitting in the chain is an adapter to go from 3/8 NPTM to 3/8 JIC. Now, the first is a 3/8 NPT nipple to get past the transmission dip stick ant then a T to get to JIC.

Frank
I can name that tune in two fittings and just one NPTF joint. :D

1000002530.jpg

1000002529.png

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
boy, you guys are tough... I suppose I could have waited to purchase the fittings shown for a more elegant solution, but I figured the risk of keeping the port open while I waited for UPS to deliver the "two note" fittings was too great. Does my solution get the job done?

Frank

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
boy, you guys are tough... I suppose I could have waited to purchase the fittings shown for a more elegant solution, but I figured the risk of keeping the port open while I waited for UPS to deliver the "two note" fittings was too great. Does my solution get the job done?

Frank
Yes it gets it done.

Just yanking your chain and indulging my anal obsession when it comes to plumbing of any sort. Another solution that works just fine on tank return lines is hose barbs and clamps....

Dan

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY

Dan
I just received the power beyond sleeve from Summit and the instructions state to insert this into the tank port. I had to re-read the instructions, since when I tried to insert it into the N port, the sleeve bottomed out in the valve. What gives??

Frank

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I just received the power beyond sleeve from Summit and the instructions state to insert this into the tank port. I had to re-read the instructions, since when I tried to insert it into the N port, the sleeve bottomed out in the valve. What gives??

Frank
Unless something has changed it goes in the N port. Did you order the correct sleeve? You hav a P40G valve?

Dan

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
Unless something has changed it goes in the N port. Did you order the correct sleeve? You hav a P40G valve?

Dan
I ordered the P40G from Amazon (Summit). one place in the instructions state it must be mounted in the tank port and another states the n port. I have sent a question to Summit...

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I ordered the P40G from Amazon (Summit). one place in the instructions state it must be mounted in the tank port and another states the n port. I have sent a question to Summit...
It can only go in one.

The sleeve is 1/2 BSPP G thread. There is an o-ring on the tip of the sleeve that fits inside a recess in the N port. Is thst what you mean by bottoming out?

The T ports are #10 SAE o-ring boss.

Dan

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
It can only go in one.

The sleeve is 1/2 BSPP G thread. There is an o-ring on the tip of the sleeve that fits inside a recess in the N port. Is thst what you mean by bottoming out?

The T ports are #10 SAE o-ring boss.

Dan
The only thing I can think of is that the valve is defective. It does not fit in the recess of the N port. I'm sure this will get solved...