Getting no fuel in water separator

kenruthann

Equipment
M6800
Mar 18, 2024
PA
Hi, newbie here. My M6800 diesel was running fine and when I was going to put it away it started sputtering and started running really bad. The idle got lower and lower until tractor quit. I replaced air filters and water separator filter now not getting fuel into water separator and I cracked an injector and not getting any fuel out of that. Any ideas on what could be the issue and any ideas to fix. Thank you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pull the fuel line that feeds the separator, if you have fuel there, then remove the outlet line, blow air into the outlet and see if crud comes out the inlet.
Some separators have a screen on the inlet fitting, others debri just gets stuck in the fittings.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Many yrs ago I had a fuel problem on a M4900. I checked for good fuel flow from tank to water separator which was good but fuel level in water separator would fill up. Local Kubota dealer service manager advised me to check for blockage in WS housing & especially check for a clogged screen. I located the tiny screen in water separator housing & it was clogged. I cleaned the tiny screen & fuel problem was solved.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
@wolfman … this “no start” question comes up SO OFTEN…. You should create an Article providing individual Steps To Take …in appropriate Order… for each Symptom (I.E., No Crank, or White Smoke, or…. etc etc.
I suggest you make it a “Sticky” or “Announcement” which only You …(or a few whom you trust as contributors…in order that it not become a contested subject)….

A Parallel Thread could exist for the purpose of all us bumpkins to toss-out our own commentary addressing thngs….
…I would comment to ”kenruthann” For Example:

@kenruthann : Check your tank-vent or fuel cap vent by loosening or removing the cap to see if the problem disappears. If air can’t enter the tank…Fuel can’t leave it.