Recommendations on a Hyd top link for an MX6000

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
I'm looking to add a hydraulic top link to my MX6000. The guy at Kubota I work with tells me to look at one from Tractor Supply but before I do, anyone have a recommendation on a Cat 2 complete kit? Preferably somewhere I can walk in and buy one or order online... Something that isn't foreign junk would be nice as well, thanks.

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
Walk in? Probably not.

Order online? Sure. That’s easy!

He ain’t fast, but he’s really really good. And a strong member here. @MtnViewRanch
Thanks, Yeah, I checked with him already... he is 22 weeks out. Cant really wait that long. Looks like a great product for sure though...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm looking to add a hydraulic top link to my MX6000. The guy at Kubota I work with tells me to look at one from Tractor Supply but before I do, anyone have a recommendation on a Cat 2 complete kit? Preferably somewhere I can walk in and buy one or order online... Something that isn't foreign junk would be nice as well, thanks.
First question to be answered - do you want one with or without a locking valve?

Dan

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
First question to be answered - do you want one with or without a locking valve?

Dan
I wasn't really thinking I 'need' one but I could be wrong, all I am using it for is making interchanging implements with my quick hitch easier... what would you reccomend?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I wasn't really thinking I 'need' one but I could be wrong, all I am using it for is making interchanging implements with my quick hitch easier... what would you reccomend?
Depends on your needs.

In general its desirable because it prevents the inevitable cylinder drift you get from internal leakage in your control valves.

The downside is it prevents operatimg the cylinder in float mode if your control valves are equipped with that option.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Thanks, Yeah, I checked with him already... he is 22 weeks out. Cant really wait that long. Looks like a great product for sure though...
Just be sure to look at the specs that I provided and get something close.
It is very common for my competitors to recommend and provide what I would consider the wrong size and working length for your model. Don't get something that is too short or long for that matter and DO NOT get 2" dia cylinder.

Good luck with your search. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
Just be sure to look at the specs that I provided and get something close.
It is very common for my competitors to recommend and provide what I would consider the wrong size and working length for your model. Don't get something that is too short or long for that matter and DO NOT get 2" dia cylinder.

Good luck with your search. (y)
Thanks Brian, sent you a PM...