L series side panels

Don Br.

Equipment
Kubotal2350dt, disc, rotary mower, fel
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
I Purchased an l4300 DT a few weeks ago. It’s a nice low hour tractor but it’s missing the right hand engine side panel. Somehow it came off when the guy was mowing and he accidentally ran over it with the brush hog and destroyed it. Having trouble finding a used one. A new one from Kubota is around $1100. I don’t really want to pay that! I was looking at the L 2600 and l3000 side panels. Does anyone know if these will interchange with each other. They look identical. The only difference that I can see is that on the 4300 it has a little notch cut out at the bottom right side. I looked at my tractor and the only reason I can see for the cutout is that the radiator drain plug is right there behind that cut out. If that’s the case, you could just remove the side panel to drain the radiator. And if the notch had to be there, a sheet metal shop could probably cut that out for you. I was wondering if anyone knew if those were interchangeable as far as the physical size. Just looking at the pictures they look identical. Might be easier to find one if you had two other choices. A guy could just change out the decal.

Attachments

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I'm not sure the pictures show how it really is, but I'd consider taking the other side to a fab shop to see if they can make one for a reasonable price that is close and buy a can of spray paint.

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
I'm not sure the pictures show how it really is, but I'd consider taking the other side to a fab shop to see if they can make one for a reasonable price that is close and buy a can of spray paint.
Its hard to tell by looking at pictures as far as the actual physical size. But they sure look very similar in the pictures. Yes, I have even thought about having one made at the sheet-metal shop. Could probably do it cheaper than $1100.
But if they are the same, I would probably have a better chance of finding one of the three.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There are a lot of 3-D printers who can make one of those fairly priced and quickly.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Go to this website https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
or to Messicks dot com

find the part number for what you need

then go to Messicks and search “Kubota ###” using the part number

you may have to go to the newer part number but eventually you’ll get a page that shows the part and in the lower left area is a place where you can see all the models that part fits.

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
Go to this website https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
or to Messicks dot com

find the part number for what you need

then go to Messicks and search “Kubota ###” using the part number

you may have to go to the newer part number but eventually you’ll get a page that shows the part and in the lower left area is a place where you can see all the models that part fits.
Thanks. I’ll certainly try that,

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
Thanks. I’ll certainly try that,
I checked on messicks. The 2600 and the 3000 are the same, they have the exact same part number. The 4300 is one number off from that part number. But, it will have a different part number even if it’s the same size because of the notch cut out in the bottom of it. I just need to look around and see if I can find a 2600 or 3000 tractor and measure the panel.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Might be able to find someone on here to compare measurements with.

Seems like there’s a fellow that posts occasionally with a B boneyard that also has a few Ls? I think I saw such a post two or three weeks ago.

Or maybe it was another member that posted in the B thread about having some scrap Ls. Couldn’t find that exact thread, but here’s a similar one.

B Series Salvage Yard

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You should contact @007kubotaguy and see if he has any of the parts you need. He runs a parts recycling company (junkyard) of older Kubota parts.

there is a private messaging system on this forum that you can use to send him a message. Envelope in the top right corner is where you start (on my browser anyway)

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
You should contact @007kubotaguy and see if he has any of the parts you need. He runs a parts recycling company (junkyard) of older Kubota parts.

there is a private messaging system on this forum that you can use to send him a message. Envelope in the top right corner is where you start (on my browser anyway)
Thanks. I’ll check with him.

johndeerebones

Equipment
B7200 HST-D RC-60-72, L4200 GST MFWD with FEL
Aug 17, 2020
USA
Do a quick google serch there are many tractor salvage yards throughout the US.

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
Another reason I’m thinking it’s the same panel even though it’s a little longer tractor is that I noticed they used a spacer between the dash and tin on the 4300 and used the same size hood and panels for all 3. The 2600 and 3000 don’t have the spacer. I think I located one from a 3000. I’ll just see if they’ll measure it for me.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes they are the same length.
You know there were probably 100 times more L4300's made than the L3000's and L2600's combined.

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
Yes they are the same length.
You know there were probably 100 times more L4300's made than the L3000's and L2600's combined.
You would think a guy could find a used one. Haven’t had any luck yet. Of course I’ve found a left side, but I need a right. Maybe the right side falls off easier! Lol. I’ll find something eventually.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Another reason I’m thinking it’s the same panel even though it’s a little longer tractor is that I noticed they used a spacer between the dash and tin on the 4300 and used the same size hood and panels for all 3. The 2600 and 3000 don’t have the spacer. I think I located one from a 3000. I’ll just see if they’ll measure it for me.
Good eye. Other than the sticker and radiator drain notch, I think you’re right, they are all the same part.

I suspect you’ll have one shortly with your efforts.

Don Br.

Equipment
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
Good eye. Other than the sticker and radiator drain notch, I think you’re right, they are all the same part.

I suspect you’ll have one shortly with your efforts.
Yeah, now I have more choices!

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Great thread!
@Russell King I've used that idea many times - Neil M has put a lot of effort into their computer systems.
Kubota site used to have a similar function but it is not available on my iPad and I haven’t used a PC to look for that functionality in a year or so. I just use Messicks more now since I can also get a price from them that is similar to what my dealer will charge