Tractor PTO Sensor Plug

Gunrunner308

Equipment
MX4800 Tractor
Mar 15, 2024
Burnet Texas
I recently had the plug on the right lower side of my MX4800 (about 7 yrs ) get pulled out by high, dead twigs. The wire terminal was damaged but the outer plastic plug was OK. This plug has a single wire going into it and it plugs into the PTO sensor just below the right foot rest. I attempted to locate said plug and terminal at the dealership and was told I had to purchase the entire wiring harness for $4,000. I needed to take a breath at that point. I did some research and found this is most likely a plug and wire terminal for Japanese motorcycles, the terminal being smaller than automotive terminals and the plug appears to be proprietary in shape.

Has anyone found a better solution for this problem than a new wiring harness? Dealership said they have had several persons come in with this issue on both tractors and Skid Steers.

Any ideas, suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
I recently had the plug on the right lower side of my MX4800 (about 7 yrs ) get pulled out by high, dead twigs. The wire terminal was damaged but the outer plastic plug was OK. This plug has a single wire going into it and it plugs into the PTO sensor just below the right foot rest. I attempted to locate said plug and terminal at the dealership and was told I had to purchase the entire wiring harness for $4,000. I needed to take a breath at that point. I did some research and found this is most likely a plug and wire terminal for Japanese motorcycles, the terminal being smaller than automotive terminals and the plug appears to be proprietary in shape.

Has anyone found a better solution for this problem than a new wiring harness? Dealership said they have had several persons come in with this issue on both tractors and Skid Steers.

Any ideas, suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the plug, wire and location? Can't seem to find pto sensor on parts list.

Gunrunner308

Equipment
MX4800 Tractor
Mar 15, 2024
Burnet Texas
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the plug, wire and location? Can't seem to find pto sensor on parts list.
Here are some pics that might help. The parts list is not going to have them as best as I can tell as it is considered as part of the Wiring Harness.....

The plug is in the middle of the 2 pics of the right side of the tractor, its the white plastic cover to the left of the oil filter.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Have you the WSM for the tractor ? The one for my BX23S ,electrical section, shows all the connectors and who makes them.

Google has a 'find item in your picture' app...it might work for your picture #4 , if cropped ?

Look on the connector with wires for ANY markings. THOSE will narrow down the search !

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you call and send pictures to these people they can supposedly help you out

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
Snap a picture of the inside of the plug itself please. It's probably a Yazaki connector.

The picture of your crimp contact is pretty blurry but I'm guessing it's this one.

1710558305022.png

Mouser sells Yazaki parts also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Likely a Yazaki or Sumitomo connector.

For clarification, did the wire break or pull out of the contact? If the contact and connector were not damaged, an option is to just replace the contact with a new one crimped and soldered to the old wire.

When you figure out the connector style, you can look up the tool for contact disengagement. For a one=time switch, something close to the tool shape, such as dental pick or paperclip, can work.

Reactions: 1 user

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
I'm now thinking that since the plug is intact and the wire didn't pull out of the crimp contact- super glue the seal and contact back into the plug housing. The glued seal should keep it in place.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here are some pics that might help. The parts list is not going to have them as best as I can tell as it is considered as part of the Wiring Harness.....

The plug is in the middle of the 2 pics of the right side of the tractor, its the white plastic cover to the left of the oil filter.
Yea that's not a sensor, that's the PTO Valve.

Gunrunner308

Equipment
MX4800 Tractor
Mar 15, 2024
Burnet Texas
Thanks for all the input and references, I will follow up on the contact links to attempt to locate the correct parts. The terminal did break when I tried to put it all back together so will need to find the terminal. The plug is usable.

Gunrunner308

Equipment
MX4800 Tractor
Mar 15, 2024
Burnet Texas
Have you the WSM for the tractor ? The one for my BX23S ,electrical section, shows all the connectors and who makes them.

Google has a 'find item in your picture' app...it might work for your picture #4 , if cropped ?

Look on the connector with wires for ANY markings. THOSE will narrow down the search !
Thanks! Ill do some research on this.

daredevil1166

Mar 10, 2024
Oregon
Apparently this is common. I replied to another thread with the same issue but didn't see yours. I'll just copy/paste what I had there, yours should be the same.........

Kubota part number for your connector should be HHT1K-91103.
Should be readily available for any dealer to order from the mother ship.
They should also be able to look up a photo of the part so you can verify.
It sure looks the same to me.