Rtv1100cwx-h hst troubleshooting

clay1897

Equipment
Rtv1100cwx-h
Feb 26, 2024
Nc
I'm new here and haven't worked out how to effectively find things on here yet. So if what I'm looking for is probably already been answered but iv not been able to find it yet.

I picked this rtv1100 up from a local farmer that according to him it wouldn't move under its own power. After getting it to my shop and getting it running I found that one of the rear axle ujoints had broken and was letting the axle free spin. I removed part of the broken axle to insure it wouldn't cause any more damage while I tested the rest of the machine.

After removing the broken axle and with the rtv in 4wd it moves in all gears but in high it tops out at 10mph. I know it's probably loosing a good bit of power through the open rear diff. Butt is there a way I can check to make sure the HST is healthy before I start ordering parts. Because while I think it's worth putting some money in I'm not sure its worth it if I need to rebuild the HST as well.

Also if someone could point me in the direction of the correct WSM for this particular RVT I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rtv1100 PIN# A5KC1HDAAAG027446

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
check all the cables adjustments.

check all fluid levels. They're VERY sensitive to fluid level and fluid quality (viscosity hot and cold, etc). Filters and fluids must be OEM stuff, or they won't work quite right.

Make sure throttle goes full throttle (again, cable adjustments). They have several cables, and they all have to be adjusted PERFECTLY.

RTV 1100 (and x1100) have two reservoirs so make sure they're all full

does it go any faster in high gear than low gear? Have seen a bunch of them with issues within the main transmission, usually with the shift fork and/or the pin that actuates them-easily accessed on top of the transmission without too much disassembly. There was a bulletin for it actually, way back in the day.

the correct way to check health of the hst is via a pressure gauge, comparing readings to the service manual. You will need the service manual regardless. I found one and downloaded it a while back for one I was working on. I don't remember the website.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Yep going up a slight grade 10mph is about it, downhill it should go 25 or more. In low 10 and 15. Up a hill maybe 5 or 6mph. You can feather the throttle a bit once it starts bogging, if your floored.
I bought a wsm on a cd from ebay. I think it was $9