Convert belt driven lawn tractor implements to run off of 3pt PTO on subcompact?

MAArcher

Equipment
Kubota B8200
Oct 6, 2022
New England
I have a rototiller from a Cub Cadet 2186 lawn tractor and I'm wondering if there's a way to rig it up to run behind my Kubota B8200. Any ideas?

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
Hi,

You could use a gear box from an old deck to run the pulley from your rototiller. This would give you the pto. The question is , is your rototiller already a 3 pt? Is it the Model 304?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi,

You could use a gear box from an old deck to run the pulley from your rototiller. This would give you the pto. The question is , is your rototiller already a 3 pt? Is it the Model 304?
Using a deck gear box is very unlikely to work.
Deck gearboxes run off of the mid PTO which usually spins at 2000+RPM where rear PTO spins at 540
I also believe the mid PTO also spins the opposite of the rear.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a rototiller from a Cub Cadet 2186 lawn tractor and I'm wondering if there's a way to rig it up to run behind my Kubota B8200. Any ideas?
You would need to figure out the speed, ratio, and direction of rotation to get a gearbox that would work for you.
FYI: Most gearboxes that increase rotation speed are pretty pricey.
Also note most gearboxes change rotation direction from input to output.

MAArcher

Equipment
Kubota B8200
Oct 6, 2022
New England
Hi,

Not sure of the model number but that sounds right. It uses a 12v actuator to lift it up and down. I was thinking I could weld something up to hitch it to 3pt. Just cant envision in my head the best way to convert/transmit power. I haven't had a gear box off a deck yet. Would there be some way that the shaft that the tiller drive pulley is on might connect to a gear box?

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
Not sure of the model number but that sounds right. It uses a 12v actuator to lift it up and down. I was thinking I could weld something up to hitch it to 3pt. Just cant envision in my head the best way to convert/transmit power. I haven't had a gear box off a deck yet. Would there be some way that the shaft that the tiller drive pulley is on might connect to a gear box?
This is an example......

I could see something like this, bolted to the outside case, aligned with the pto shaft connected to the pulley. It is at 90 degrees, the pto shaft and the pulley. Im thinking this will be trial and error...