Hydraulic Fluid Specs

KelleyFarmRick

Equipment
Feb 5, 2022
Elkhart, TX
I found a 2019 thread that bounced around my (very basic) question, but never got an answer. "What is the hydraulic fluid capacity for a 7060?" or ANY Kubota, for that matter - - . What specs should be observed, why is the dip stick so inadequate?

I noticed a 'drip', tightened a connection to stop the drip, and then started guessing about how much hydraulic fluid to add - - . I added two gallons, and still haven't seen it on the dip stick - - .; Is there a better way??

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you added two gallons after fixing a “drip” and it still hasn’t hit the dipstick your definition of drip and mine don’t match.

Some people put dye in their hydraulic fluid. Something like: https://www.greenpartstore.com/john-deere-hydraulic-oil-dye-mt3668.html

Without dye it isn’t uncommon for folks using a sight glass type level check or dipstick to overfill due to not being able to see the fluid as it is quite clear and hard to see without dye. I don’t have a WSM for a 7060 so can’t advise on total capacity. If refilling after a leak, don’t know how that would help anyway.

(Edited to correct link.)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I found a 2019 thread that bounced around my (very basic) question, but never got an answer. "What is the hydraulic fluid capacity for a 7060?" or ANY Kubota, for that matter - - . What specs should be observed, why is the dip stick so inadequate?

I noticed a 'drip', tightened a connection to stop the drip, and then started guessing about how much hydraulic fluid to add - - . I added two gallons, and still haven't seen it on the dip stick - - .; Is there a better way??
Specs for fluid amounts are only good for approximation, the dipstick is the real mark to follow.

Are you sure your looking at the hydraulic dip stick , and are you sure your putting hydraulic fluid in at the right location?

Reactions: 1 user

KelleyFarmRick

Equipment
Feb 5, 2022
Elkhart, TX
Specs for fluid amounts are only good for approximation, the dipstick is the real mark to follow.

Are you sure your looking at the hydraulic dip stick , and are you sure your putting hydraulic fluid in at the right location?
Thanks - - but that was kind of the basic question - - - at what point should I start seeing a reading on that stubby little dip stick? Am I filling a 30 gallon reservoir here?? It seems strange there is no spec on "fluids", with capacity, specifications, recommended brand/type or other data - - or instructions on where the filler cap is, for that matter - - .

I didn't know any of that - - couldn't find it in the manual or on-line, so I went to my mechanic, and he showed me on his tractor (which happens to be the same tractor I have, but the 'cab' version) - - so I'm pretty sure I have the right dip-stick and fill-point - - but it is like pouring hydraulic fluid down the drain - - .

What I DON'T know is how long the connection was loose. I've been working the bucket pretty hard, smoothing gravel for a driveway, but even at that there are only about 15 hours on the tractor - - just seems strange it should be down more than two gallons - - assuming it was full when I got it.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
So you're saying your owner's manual/operator's manual doesn't have that information in it? I don't believe that.

Reactions: 1 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Only 15 hours, sounds like the dealer never filled it. If you were leaking gallons it would be obvious where it came out.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So you're saying your owner's manual/operator's manual doesn't have that information in it? I don't believe that.
M7060 Operators Manual pp 62 - hydraulic capacity 48L (SUDT2).

M7060 Operators Manual pp 66 - location of dipstick and filler cap.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
It doesn’t take long to leak 2 gallons. Keep filling until it’s at the right level on the dipstick. I broke a hose on my disk last year and pumped 30 gallons out of the tractor in a matter of seconds before I noticed and shut it down. Wasn’t fun buying that much oil after just having drained and filled for the season. 🤬

KelleyFarmRick

Equipment
Feb 5, 2022
Elkhart, TX
Ha! Of Course! THAT is exactly the right answer, and mystery solved. The earlier thread I referred to had convinced me I was not losing my marbles, it was a flaw in the manual - - not true - - it was a matter of symantics - - NOT "Hydraulic Fluid" - - - "Transmission Fluid" - - all 56 Liters (59.2 US quarts) of it And there was the filling port, right where my mechanic said it was, right next to the stubby little dip stick (Manual p. 91)

So thanks to everyone who responded. In another year or so I'm sure some new Kubota owner will get hung-up with the same bit of confusion - - and (hopefully) find his answer here.

KelleyFarmRick

Equipment
Feb 5, 2022
Elkhart, TX
Hi Dan - -
Thanks. Looks like the proof-reader missed a paragraph when they issued the new Operator's Manual for
M6060 & M7060 2013. "Hydraulic" is barely mentioned. The fluid I should have been hunting for is "Transmission Fluid" - - That hass all the info I need.

Thanks for responding

Rick

b1pig

Equipment
M6060HD
Jun 18, 2023
Georgia
So thanks to everyone who responded. In another year or so I'm sure some new Kubota owner will get hung-up with the same bit of confusion - - and (hopefully) find his answer here.
And you have been proven correct sir.

wife inherited a M6060 that had a weeping dry rotted hose. Weep went to a spray at dealership while they did a forced REGEN. I just bought 5 gallons and a new line…. Hoping that 5 gallons gets the level up to range. After seeing this, my hopes are sinking a little.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Ive had my 7060 a few years now, and find that dipstick is hard to read, and the slightest bit of unlevel ground causes bad readings. I dye the oil. Ive also noticed theres a 'happy level' spot, which is almost at the low line. If its full, itll blow out the vent while on the road at full speed.