Power Pack on L6060, how long of hoses and where do you run them?

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Hi all,

Ordering a 3-pt power pack for my L6060 to run a few skid steer attachments...

Getting a 25gal, 21.2gpm unit from Green Hoe.
1. Does anyone have experience with this unit or company?
2. Why type of oil can I use in this? 25gal. is a LOT... their saying no oil cooler is needed because of the 25gal amount in the tank. These are regular Skid Steer attachments, so I'm not sure how the oil differs from our tractors?

Once this is mounted on the 3-pt quick attach...
3. Where is the best locations to run the 2 hydraulic lines so they don't get destroyed over the years all the way up to the FEL?
4. How long of hoses do we need?

Thanks again all!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi all,

Ordering a 3-pt power pack for my L6060 to run a few skid steer attachments...

Getting a 25gal, 21.2gpm unit from Green Hoe.
1. Does anyone have experience with this unit or company?
2. Why type of oil can I use in this? 25gal. is a LOT... their saying no oil cooler is needed because of the 25gal amount in the tank. These are regular Skid Steer attachments, so I'm not sure how the oil differs from our tractors?

Once this is mounted on the 3-pt quick attach...
3. Where is the best locations to run the 2 hydraulic lines so they don't get destroyed over the years all the way up to the FEL?
4. How long of hoses do we need?

Thanks again all!
The question you should be asking is "what size hose do I need?".

At 21 GPM 3/4" hose and couplers would be the minimun recommended by most sizing guides.

If you are never going to powr the implements from an integrated tractor hydraulic system ordinary AW type hydrsulic oil would be the standard fill.

What are you doing for valves?

Dan

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use the same hydraulic fluid as whatever equipment normally runs the implement.
Location is up to you, pic a location that will not get rubbed pinched or snagged.
I would run a length from the 3 Point to the loader quick connect in the rear then run from there forward.
Makes it much easier to remove the loader, without having to remove all the hose length.

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
The question you should be asking is "what size hose do I need?".

At 21 GPM 3/4" hose and couplers would be the minimun recommended by most sizing guides.

If you are never going to powr the implements from an integrated tractor hydraulic system ordinary AW type hydrsulic oil would be the standard fill.

What are you doing for valves?

Dan
The 3 attachments we have are a plate compactor, auger and concrete drum mixer, all of which have 1/2" lines in and out. Will running 3/4" lines from the power pack to the attachments (i'd say about 20' of line once routed) help with flow and heat if their just bottlenecking at the pack and at the attachments?

Correct, we'll just be using the power pack to run these 3 attachments... will Super Tech Hyd oil work? Here is a link (it's a 25 gal power pack, so a hell of a lot of oil)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The 3 attachments we have are a plate compactor, auger and concrete drum mixer, all of which have 1/2" lines in and out. Will running 3/4" lines from the power pack to the attachments (i'd say about 20' of line once routed) help with flow and heat if their just bottlenecking at the pack and at the attachments?

Correct, we'll just be using the power pack to run these 3 attachments... will Super Tech Hyd oil work? Here is a link (it's a 25 gal power pack, so a hell of a lot of oil)
Larger hoses will not help flow but might help with heat. Are these implements going to run continuous for hours on end. If not heat is not likely a problem.

Thr SuperTech oil is a combination transmission and hydraulic oil. Checks in between ISO viscosity hrades 46 and 68. No reason it wont work but you could also use a hydraulic only oil like this. I am sure Walmart has a similar product offering.

Dan

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
I've heard good things about Green Hoe, for oil, hydraulic oil is usually recommended and keep the hydraulic lines clear of moving parts and potential pitch points.
I've heard that as well, but in contacting them their not very informative. The unit does not have a oil cooler, no GPM gauge or anything... just a temp gauge and sight glass. A simple basic unit, but it's also 1/2 the price as everyone else.

I asked about the oil cooler, they said they don't use them because at 25 gal, the oil stays cool. I'm not sure about that but I guess we'll see what the gauge says after it runs for a while.

Larger hoses will not help flow but might help with heat. Are these implements going to run continuous for hours on end. If not heat is not likely a problem.

Thr SuperTech oil is a combination transmission and hydraulic oil. Checks in between ISO viscosity hrades 46 and 68. No reason it wont work but you could also use a hydraulic only oil like this. I am sure Walmart has a similar product offering.

Dan

The plate compactor will probably run for an hour, maybe 2 at a time once every 3-4 months.

Concrete mixer, maybe an hour, but very slowly.

Auger, that will probably run about 10 minutes.... sit for 30 minutes, then run again over an over.

For the Oil, I hears that Hyd oil that is made for transmissions as a higher temp range, so I wanted to go with that seeing as there is no oil cooler on the power pack. Or are all Hyd oils the same for temps?

Thanks again!