What model Kubota Tractor do you own?

What model Kubota Tractor do you own?

• Total voters

DaveD

Equipment
B1700 HST 1996, LP grading scraper & box scraper, Bush Hog SQ60 & aerator
Jun 30, 2021
Central Virginia
B1700, 1996, bought new. The old "B" tractors are not on your list, but IMO they should be as, like in my case, it was purchased new when I was also a lot newer, and has grown old with me. Because of my age and increasing problems attaching implements to the 3PH, it became a good candidate several years ago for upgrading with a top and tilt attachment. I purchased the control valves and hoses from Summit Hydraulics. Good products, excellent service, speedy delivery!

I purchased the top link hydraulic unit from Tractor Supply and fabricated the tilt cylinder from a large-diameter unit that I bough from a surplus vendor. I cut the upper and lower links off of my old rusted-frozen manual tilt adjusting link (I never throw anything away), cut the attachment pieces off of the new cylinder, and TIG-welded my old links to the stubs on the hydraulic cylinder. Using wet rags, high current and short bursts, I didn't heat up the cylinder area enough to cause problems. I cut the 2-inch diameter, 4-1/3" stroke cylinder end dimensions so that I could go up about an inch and down about 3 inches from level, allowing me to tilt much farther down on the right for my driveway grading scraper. I also bought a cheap quick hitch to make this all work together. The hydraulics attached to a rear hydraulic outlet on my B1700, located on the input to the 3PH hitch control unit, for which an adapter block is still available from Kubota.

This whole contraption has served me well since, allowing me to back up to my implements on uneven ground and attach without even leaving the tractor seat.

Photos follow:
20240130_143325.jpg
Full view. Control valves are attached to the ROPS attachment screws with a 1/8" piece of 304 SS, high enough that I can simply turn around a bit in the seat to operate it.
20240130_143457.jpg
Modified tilt cylinder, 2-inch diameter. Better a smaller control valve and larger cylinders for more exact positioning.

Reactions: 3 users

specialtool

Equipment
B7100
Jan 6, 2024
Connecticut
B1700, 1996, bought new. The old "B" tractors are not on your list, but IMO they should be as, like in my case, it was purchased new when I was also a lot newer, and has grown old with me. Because of my age and increasing problems attaching implements to the 3PH, it became a good candidate several years ago for upgrading with a top and tilt attachment. I purchased the control valves and hoses from Summit Hydraulics. Good products, excellent service, speedy delivery!

I purchased the top link hydraulic unit from Tractor Supply and fabricated the tilt cylinder from a large-diameter unit that I bough from a surplus vendor. I cut the upper and lower links off of my old rusted-frozen manual tilt adjusting link (I never throw anything away), cut the attachment pieces off of the new cylinder, and TIG-welded my old links to the stubs on the hydraulic cylinder. Using wet rags, high current and short bursts, I didn't heat up the cylinder area enough to cause problems. I cut the 2-inch diameter, 4-1/3" stroke cylinder end dimensions so that I could go up about an inch and down about 3 inches from level, allowing me to tilt much farther down on the right for my driveway grading scraper. I also bought a cheap quick hitch to make this all work together. The hydraulics attached to a rear hydraulic outlet on my B1700, located on the input to the 3PH hitch control unit, for which an adapter block is still available from Kubota.

This whole contraption has served me well since, allowing me to back up to my implements on uneven ground and attach without even leaving the tractor seat.

Photos follow:
View attachment 121455
Full view. Control valves are attached to the ROPS attachment screws with a 1/8" piece of 304 SS, high enough that I can simply turn around a bit in the seat to operate it.
View attachment 121456
Modified tilt cylinder, 2-inch diameter. Better a smaller control valve and larger cylinders for more exact positioning.
like a da Vinci
Beautiful job.

Reactions: 1 user

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
That’s an addition/mod you don’t see every day. I like it

Bakerman

Equipment
L3301D
Aug 11, 2021
Tallahassee
2018 L3301 DT purchased with 90 hours. Now has 355 hours and I still feel like I keep learning something about it every time I use it.