What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Durafit covers hug/fit the seats great.
I might order a seat cover from Durafit or another one like the one shown above. I have Grammer seats in both tractors and they're very different in shape but Durafit offers one style for seats with a headrest depending on whether or not the headrests are removable. My point is that the Durafit seat covers for my application might not "hug/fit" the seats great. If it fits one how can it fit the other since the seats are different?

Last edited:

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
As noted on another thread, I finally got the skidding winch I’ve been driving everyone around me nuts talking about for dang near a year.

Farmi W50R from Northeast Implement. Picked it up from the nearest XPO terminal late yesterday. Put it together today. By the time it was ready to take out on a shake down run a predicted 3 day rain had started. Thankfully it wasn’t raining early in the process. Started with it laying on the already half busted pallet. View attachment 121016
Unpacked everything and was left with the main portion of the winch still laying on the pallet. Wasn’t quite sure how I was going to go about standing it up.

Plan A: Just stand it up and lean it against a wall or something. How heavy can it be? Worst case I’ll call a couple of friends to help man handle it when they get off work later. Pick up the top end to see how heavy it is… at least I think I got it off the ground a little. Check bill of lading. Shipping weight 775lb. This is not a job for muscle and bones.
View attachment 121017
Plan B: Take it outside and stand it up with the forks. It’s sitting on the blade that’s well behind the center of gravity so even standing straight upright it’s leaning hard toward the tractor. But I need to take the tractor out of the equation briefly to turn it around and hitch it up the 3 point. This is still a job for equipment, cribbing, etc. and no way me or anyone is getting between the winch and that wall. My skills, or more accurately lack thereof, with the forks totally destroyed what little wasn’t already busted on the hapless pallet.
View attachment 121018
Enter the little winch. A shackle in one of the lower pulley mount holes and the 3500lb winch on the Mule held it nicely to allow setting down the parking stand and hooking to the 3 point. View attachment 121019
Hooked to the 3 point, it was back inside to fit the PTO shaft and finish assembly.
View attachment 121020 Now I need a little dry weather to put this thing to work and see what it will do.
(y) (y) on the new winch. I have an older version of the same (JL501). You should find it a long lasting hard working unit. Be patient with yourself. It will take time to learn how to get set up your work and get the most out of it. Work safe !

gg

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I might order a seat cover from Durafit or another one like the one shown above. I have Grammer seats in both tractors and they're very different in shape but Durafit offers one style for seats with a headrest depending on whether or not the headrests are removable. My point is that the Durafit seat covers for my application might not "hug/fit" the seats great. If it fits one how can it fit the other since the seats are different?

I bought this for the SVL, fits like a glove. Putting it on was PITA though.

Ok not sure about universal fit ones, so I would look for the 'Free Returns' if trying something else.

Durafit Seat Covers, KU24 MC2 Orange KUBOTA Models SVL 75-95.2 KUBOTA Skid Loader, KX0400, U48-5 Excavator in Orange Camo Endura https://a.co/d/0yck6Dy

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Bladed a blew a bit of snow. I'd rather be using my PHD with 24" auger to plant trees.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Son, Seatbelt, Stupidvising and Sun.
Beatiful Day in S. TX.

View attachment 121240

View attachment 121243
A beautiful day for sure and great photos! So why did you sell the M7060, and other than the much higher hydraulic flow rates, where do you see the SVL as being better than the MX or L. I'm genuinely interested since I know little about skid steers or track loaders.

By the way, I ordered a Durafit KU10 today in grey Endura. Variety is the spice of life they say.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
A beautiful day for sure and great photos! So why did you sell the M7060, and other than the much higher hydraulic flow rates, where do you see the SVL as being better than the MX or L. I'm genuinely interested since I know little about skid steers or track loaders.

By the way, I ordered a Durafit KU10 today in grey Endura. Variety is the spice of life they say.

I can't justify having it for my place with my other equipment, nor does it fit under half my trees. I sold it a quite a bit more than what I paid for. I also didn't want to keep it for my side jobs, the fuel tank and hydraulic distribution is on the belly. Not ideal for South Texas brush county, otherwise great machine for improved pastures/land. Using an older 2wd 100hp JD or International is more ideal pulling the 15' batwing in brush country. Those tractors sit high and not much on the bottom side for crap to get ripped off.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
SVL vs. MX
Want to buy the SVL75?
If your work is primarily up front, a 10K lb SVL all day long, Jack b nimble, Jack b quick, compact, easy maneuverability, more stable, break out force etc. Awesome visibility, the attachments are just a couple feet away, there is no hood, grill or tires in your way/view.

M70 used in this video for clean up, some USDA grant work, half acre cleared in less than 4 hours.

The phone is tapped to the door window in certain parts of this video.
pulled up numerous 8 to 10in diameter mesquites around this tank.

If your shredding, plowing, grading, tractor all day long.

M/MX tractors are less unstable pulling trees/brush, grabbing huge brush piles, much easier to flip or getting off balance, especially if there is a tire rut or uneven terrain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Spent a couple hours making a storage dolly for the new skidding winch. Went shopping in the lumber piles at my house, the shop where the tractors live, and the shed. Had everything except the wheels and about half of the bolts for the wheels. A brief trip to Home Depot took care of the stuff I didn’t already have. Sometimes, never throwing anything away pays off.

Reactions: 3 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Finally had a break in weather long enough to finish roof on shed lean-to yesterday. Will eventually install some rafter ties.
More snow coming tonight but can't accumulate under lean-to anymore. Now just have to shovel out the frozen snow, add tarps to the sides, and move the small equipment under lean-to to make room in the shed for the tractor. Have yet to attach the subframe and front blower. Been using the FEL to clear where I needed to work. Neighbor was gleefully happy to point out the blower unit still on the delivery pallet getting covered by snow. I know. I know. Haven't had gumption to crawl on my back in the snow to install subframe. Looks a bit intimidating despite watching all the how-to videos. Mabye early spring will obviate the need lol.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Spent a couple hours making a storage dolly for the new skidding winch. Went shopping in the lumber piles at my house, the shop where the tractors live, and the shed. Had everything except the wheels and about half of the bolts for the wheels. A brief trip to Home Depot took care of the stuff I didn’t already have. Sometimes, never throwing anything away pays off.
"sometimes never throwing anything away pays off"
If ONLY my significant other understood that! 😬

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
"sometimes never throwing anything away pays off"
If ONLY my significant other understood that! 😬
Fortunately for me, mine does. I built an entire chicken coop and framed the run with the only cost so far being four cross ties, the roofing (5V galvanized), and fasteners (screws/nails). Oh yeah, I forgot the 1/2" hardware cloth I put over the windows and sealed the eaves with to keep birds/squirrels out. The windows were bathroom windows recycled from our exterior upgrades we did about 10 years ago. I re-used scraps from my deck and my neighbor's to build all of it, and that thing's a bomb shelter for chickens. If anything gets in it, I'm not sure I wanna mess with whatever that critter is. Some of the framing material that went into the coop has actually been used twice or three times before for forming on some concrete projects (footings for a storage shed, footings for the deck, and the slab for my shop).

I don't waste ANYTHING that I think I can use again.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fortunately for me, mine does. I built an entire chicken coop and framed the run with the only cost so far being four cross ties, the roofing (5V galvanized), and fasteners (screws/nails). Oh yeah, I forgot the 1/2" hardware cloth I put over the windows and sealed the eaves with to keep birds/squirrels out. The windows were bathroom windows recycled from our exterior upgrades we did about 10 years ago. I re-used scraps from my deck and my neighbor's to build all of it, and that thing's a bomb shelter for chickens. If anything gets in it, I'm not sure I wanna mess with whatever that critter is. Some of the framing material that went into the coop has actually been used twice or three times before for forming on some concrete projects (footings for a storage shed, footings for the deck, and the slab for my shop).

I don't waste ANYTHING that I think I can use again.

"I don't waste anything that I think I can use again"
AGREED!

But..... you have to be ABLE to THINK forward, to future possibilities/issues!
My SO is absolutely incapable of that type of thinking!
Every issue/event needing resolution, takes her completely by surprise.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I dog sat for some friends of mine over the weekend and todays plan was after they picked up the two dogs that we would drive to my land and plow out enough snow for me to drive up to my tractor shed.

My friend walked in and the L2501 fired right up after sitting for two months but of course did not have the right tools for snow removal. He pushed an amazing amount of snow with the landscape rake but I still managed to get my Jeep stuck going up the hill to the shed. The snow was right at that temperature (air temp 32 degrees F) where it acted like grease. Combine that with my soon to be replaced all season tires and the hill, I found myself "stuck". I could backup but with the hill and slope I was being dragged off my two track into deeper snow.

With a tow strap between the drawbar clevis and my trailer hitch ball the L2501 made short work of the issue and I was back in business. With warm daytime temps for the next week to 10 days I expect the plowed two track will melt down to bare ground.

Reactions: 8 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I dog sat for some friends of mine over the weekend and todays plan was after they picked up the two dogs that we would drive to my land and plow out enough snow for me to drive up to my tractor shed.

My friend walked in and the L2501 fired right up after sitting for two months but of course did not have the right tools for snow removal. He pushed an amazing amount of snow with the landscape rake but I still managed to get my Jeep stuck going up the hill to the shed. The snow was right at that temperature (air temp 32 degrees F) where it acted like grease. Combine that with my soon to be replaced all season tires and the hill, I found myself "stuck". I could backup but with the hill and slope I was being dragged off my two track into deeper snow.

With a tow strap between the drawbar clevis and my trailer hitch ball the L2501 made short work of the issue and I was back in business. With warm daytime temps for the next week to 10 days I expect the plowed two track will melt down to bare ground.

Spring will arrive in the land of "cheddar heads" :) soon ???

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spring will arrive in the land of "cheddar heads" :) soon ???
Yes, spring shows up about June . I just hope that summer falls on a weekend this year! LOL.

Just kidding. Mid March the sun is getting high enough that it starts feeling like spring. Some of our biggest snow falls here in Central Wisconsin arrive late March to early April . February can be very cold. This winter however, except for the two weeks in Jan, have been mild.

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes, spring shows up about June . I just hope that summer falls on a weekend this year! LOL.

Just kidding. Mid March the sun is getting high enough that it starts feeling like spring. Some of our biggest snow falls here in Central Wisconsin arrive late March to early April . February can be very cold. This winter however, except for the two weeks in Jan, have been mild.
I know the situation well!
Lived a few miles West of the St. Croix river, for many years.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Want to buy the SVL75?
If your work is primarily work is in front, A 10K lb SVL all day long, Jack b nimble, Jack b quick, compact, easy maneuverability, more stable, break out force etc. Awesome visibility, the attachments are just a couple feet away, there is no hood, grill or tires in your way/view.

M70 used in this video for clean up, some USDA grant work, half acre cleared in less than 4 hours.

The phone is tapped to the door window in certain parts of this video.
pulled up numerous 8 to 10in diameter mesquites around this tank.

If your shredding, plowing, grading, tractor all day long.

M/MX tractors are less unstable pulling trees/brush, grabbing huge brush piles, much easier to flip or getting off balance, especially if there is a tire rut or uneven terrain.
Great job on the video. Looks like you're having way too much fun. Don't know how far you are from me, but I'd love to jump in and help. I love doing things like you're doing and I'd just love to jump into that skidsteer and push up some burn piles.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I snow blowed the drive today. Half way thru it stopped turning the auger.
I assumed the sheer bolt broke. Went in and got a sheer bolt.
Removed the cover found the bolt not broken.
Shaft moved out away from the gear box.
Got it back together and finished the drive.
IMG_20240129_074035106.jpg
IMG_20240129_074049488.jpg
IMG_20240129_075110188.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH