mph of tractor

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
On my last tractor there was a rpm and speedometer which was handy because I had calibrated my sprayer at 4 mph. Now I have a Kubota L3400 HST with no speedometer, I'm searching to find how many MPH I am going in various gear ranges? Can anyone help me with this?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If you don’t want to be the local PoPo new BFF(I am sure if you asked they would help) then I am not sure any of these are the simple fix you are look for….Couple options…handheld GPS or a Tom Tom Navi unit….maybe there is an app in newer phones or the Navi set ups? There are always the slow down radar speed checkers at edge of town or maybe if you know someone with a radar gun (baseball coach or maybe tennis coach) maybe if you or someone you know has a bicycle with a. Speedo you could tow it…I am sure there are others…maybe mark off distance and calculate based on time….simple one is make nice with the sheriff or PoPo.

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
If you don’t want to be the local PoPo new BFF(I am sure if you asked they would help) then I am not sure any of these are the simple fix you are look for….Couple options…handheld GPS or a Tom Tom Navi unit….maybe there is an app in newer phones or the Navi set ups? There are always the slow down radar speed checkers at edge of town or maybe if you know someone with a radar gun (baseball coach or maybe tennis coach) maybe if you or someone you know has a bicycle with a. Speedo you could tow it…I am sure there are others…maybe mark off distance and calculate based on time….simple one is make nice with the sheriff or PoPo.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Here's my solution for a tractor speedometer
If you have cell service and a cell phone in your area, that is.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious was I....

F-low, according to Tractordata is 3.9 MPH

If you do a lot of spraying over a mix of terrain, you should couple a 'speed sensor' to the sprayer pump to give a constant ,calibrated flow of liquid regardless of speed or ground.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A tangent, while back police put one of those little speed trailers on roadside along my property.

I regularly mow roadside in high range. 6-7 mph.

Try as I might, my little BX didn’t trigger a reading….😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user