What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Picked up a used blower. Got it greased, had to change a couple of hydraulic fittings, gave the tractor a once over and just need some snow to try it all out.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Picked up a used blower. Got it greased, had to change a couple of hydraulic fittings, gave the tractor a once over and just need some snow to try it all out.
Looks like you're ready to go! 👍

I've sometimes thought a rear blower with the FEl/ blade/pusher might work for much less $$.

I've even thought a REAL GOOD walk-behind could work.

The front mounted blowers are very expensive...but I've had one for 18 years, and REALLY like them....just not sure that will be the next solution.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Looks like you're ready to go! 👍

I've sometimes thought a rear blower with the FEl/ blade/pusher might work for much less $$.

I've even thought a REAL GOOD walk-behind could work.

The front mounted blowers are very expensive...but I've had one for 18 years, and REALLY like them....just not sure that will be the next solution.
I I had a walk behind blower that was a heart attack in the making. I priced a Kubota 64" three point blower two years ago and it was a little over $4000 Canadian when I priced out a B2650 packagage so I didn't add it when I bought the LX2610. I sold my walk behind and put the money towards the pusher box. Between it and the used blower I have less money in them than a new blower

Reactions: 1 user

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I have an area at the end of my driveway where I push my snow in the winter. The cry baby plow driver who has the town contract complains if I plow snow across our town road. So I had a couple rocks sticking up in that area that I would hit with my snow plow when plowing every storm.
Today I took my tractor and popped out one quickly then the second one. Well it took a little more digging. I stll had my Piranha bar on and couldn't of got the rock out without it. I finally cracked it in half then dig it out.
Other then ripping out brush I really hadn't used the Piranha bar much. I take it off in the winter for scraping with the bucket on the hot top I want a smooth edge.
Heres a couple pics.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Wife and I went out to the farm and worked on burning up the brush pile. We separated out about half the brush and started with this pile.

20201123_080002.jpg

Considering over the weekend we received about 1.5" of rain and had a heavy frost, I had use the blower to help get it going.

20201123_080014.jpg

20201123_122058.jpg

Used the Kubota to push the pile around

20201123_102734 resize.jpg

20201123_102738 resize.jpg

Ended up with a large pile of hot coals.

20201123_134819 resize.jpg

It was a productive day and got a lot of brush cleared. Rain coming tonight will fill our hole up with more water (the brush/coals are actually in a 4ft hole that we dug out and currently has about 2 feet of water in it). At the end of the day we push the leftovers into the hole. Dad was already looking at more brush to clear and rebuild the pile.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
A service tech somewhere in Eastern OH ears are burning. Doing a full fluid/filter change on the B1700 today and got to the fuel filter. First thought is why is it crushed? Found out when I could not pull it off. Ended cutting the top metal ring off the filter since it ripped free to find 3 damn o rings wedged in there. Didn’t grab a new one when I picked up my filters and my o ring kit is either too small or too large. Looks like Saturday or Monday from the dealer. May hit Napa and see if they have anything close. Will continue on with transmission filters and fluids after lunch. Oil change done. May need an adult beverage break here as well

Attachments

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
This has been a busy few days for me with the tractor. I changed all the filters and only spilled 2 gallons of SUDT2 on the garage floor. I finished cleanup wiring of my new front light bar, rear work lights and cameras / monitor. I even replaced my cracked SMV placard. I also replaced a headlight assembly that had a cracked lens. While at it I installed LEDs in both headlights.
By far the headlights were the worst - even compared to spinning off that hydraulic filter and not being able to get the new one to spin on fast enough. Of course my drain pan couldn't take the tidal wave of oil pouring out (I was only going to change the filters, top off what was 'lost' in the filter change).

front lights finished view daylight.JPG

rear worklights n new smv sign.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This has been a busy few days for me with the tractor. I changed all the filters and only spilled 2 gallons of SUDT2 on the garage floor. I finished cleanup wiring of my new front light bar, rear work lights and cameras / monitor. I even replaced my cracked SMV placard. I also replaced a headlight assembly that had a cracked lens. While at it I installed LEDs in both headlights.
By far the headlights were the worst - even compared to spinning off that hydraulic filter and not being able to get the new one to spin on fast enough. Of course my drain pan couldn't take the tidal wave of oil pouring out (I was only going to change the filters, top off what was 'lost' in the filter change).

View attachment 51155

View attachment 51156
Sounds like some of my projects. Where'd you get the SMV? I haven't located one locally.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Installed led lights for front and installing front blower. Blower was pain as not set up but did not realize needed the mounts adjusted and driveshaft cut to size. Just finishing up.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Wired and added some lights on the rops. I used the factory wire harness supplied at the back of my BX2680, they made it easy.. one keyed or one from the battery which is the one I chose.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH

View attachment 51155

View attachment 51156
I got that fun to look forward to Friday on my B3200. Didn’t make any mess with the 1700 but no extra filter on that one

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Helped my friend widen his driveway 'a little', so he can install retaining wall and pavers. I really need my piranha tooth bar to arrive asap.

Reactions: 8 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Did the 200hr service on my B3200 and gave her a bath. Only lost a bit over a half gallon of hydraulic fluid with the suction filter change. On the B1700 we are around 830hrs and I did complete fluids and filters including front axle fluid. Waiting on the o rings for the fuel filter so I can finish that up and move it out for its bath.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users