Recent content by westvandude

  1. W

    2011 L5740C HST hydraulic pump cavitation issues loader, 3 point, power steering

    So turns out the hourly rate is a crazy $180/hr so that works out to a whopping 7hours labour for orings and a rubber hose external to the trans/engine. 🤪 o_O:oops: Ok, they had to drain the trans of hydraulic oil and refill but still..... is what it is.
  2. W

    Kubota hydraulic oil in Canada - UDT Premium only

    Wait did you mean to say "in CHINAda"? :ROFLMAO:🤪
  3. W

    Kubota hydraulic oil in Canada - UDT Premium only

    As an aside, before this last UDT Premium oil change, I was using this Stens Shield Synthetic Oil: 770-736 Hydraulic Oil after doing some research. Didn't have any issues really, perhaps a touch slightly louder pump whine. Can't say for sure tho. Switching old out and new fluid in usually...
  4. W

    L3200 HST dies

    Also check the linkage from the "gas" pedal thru the floor and make sure those rod end connections are greased up. There's a following or something under the floor that on mine got stuck and needed bunch of lube. Prob not yer issue but anyhow...
  5. W

    Kubota hydraulic oil in Canada - UDT Premium only

    Just an FYI, I've looked everywhere since in USA UDT-2 synthetic oil is highly recommended for 5740 HST or other HST tractors. However, in Canada only UDT-Premium is what dealers sell. Supposedly it's 100% compatible with the 5740 and other HST tractors. Posting this only to reduce confusion...
  6. W

    2011 L5740C HST hydraulic pump cavitation issues loader, 3 point, power steering

    So I was getting some serious hydraulic oil cavitation issues and buzzing and almost grinding snapping noises on the side of the main transmission and the function of the loader and power steering was jerky. The buzzing sound was getting quite concerning so I took it to the Pinnacle Equipment...
  7. W

    Hydraulic angling of a snow blade worth the hassle?

    I looked at quick attachments and thought the pricing was pretty high for stuff. Locally on craigslist there are a variety of listings for hydraulic tilt quick attach snow blades. I'm just curious if the hydraulic fittings that come on the hoses are what would fit my L5740 front loader...
  8. W

    Diamond mowers Forestry Head on L5740 loader?

    Darn it guys! $21k!!!?? Yikes. Are there ANY front mount brush cutters even medium or light duty stuff that's not so heavy or can use less than 10gpm? The terrain we have is quite undulating and I don't think a 3-point unit would work that well to be honest. Looks like we're down to a bloody...
  9. W

    Diamond mowers Forestry Head on L5740 loader?

    Has anyone tried some radical quick release attachments on their mid-size Kubota tractor? diamondmowers dot com/pages/forestry-attachments We've got 10acres with a ton of alder saplings and larger 4-6" diameter stuff popping up everywhere we need to keep under control. I've looked at all kinds...