Recent content by lmichael

  1. L

    Red-dyed diel esel

    I would not know where to purchase it. I looked around and even though we're in the middle of farm area in that NW IL/Stateline area distributors that list it only want to deliver to large on site tanks
  2. L

    Tg1860g quit working

    Well at the very least you'll have to dig in to replace that bad cam gear. Good luck
  3. L

    Tg1860g quit working

    IIRC they had a plastic cam gear and they would break. I'm not sure if/when this happens if it crashes a valve into the piston or not though I guess depending on the compression ratio and cylinder head design it's a definite possibility. However, I know the Kaw engine has a true issue with...
  4. L

    speaking of batteries, now battery chargers...

    I just tossed an old very heavy Schumacher in the trash yesterday. I could not figure out every time I tried using it to top up a battery it ended up killing the battery. Found out it was outputting AC not DC. Unsure what else to do with it stuck in the bin and Waste Management took it away.
  5. L

    Brand/type of electrical connectors ?

    These are what I rewired my G2160 with and so far they work great
  6. L

    Removal of DPF filter?

    Not a tree hugger but my most recent vehicle is full electric. Yep it snaps your neck back when you hit the go pedal, runs away and hides from all kind of so called "hot cars and bikes" and no smell or racket to boot. The feel is like a mid 60s big block Pontiac V8 but no noise or fumes...
  7. L

    Stripped Starter Bolt on Kubota TG1860

    Honestly IIRC both of my (what you call "receiving bolts") basically welded nuts on mine were welded to the plate and you only needed to remove the bolt to remove the starter and I can't imagine a D722 is that different from a D782
  8. L

    Stripped Starter Bolt on Kubota TG1860

    That looks more like the weld nut. That shouldn't be turning anyway. IIRC it's welded to the back side. I don't recall having to deal with a nut when I replaced the starter on my G2160 similar engine
  9. L

    B2320hsd (d1005) engine stop solenoid replacement caused engine to rev to top rpm

    Was it revving to max? I get the solenoid needing replacement due to not "stopping" the engine. Which we all have to assume is why you replaced it
  10. L

    Oil Capacity

    My G2160 with D782 is spot on to manual.
  11. L

    B2320hsd (d1005) engine stop solenoid replacement caused engine to rev to top rpm

    Well if it was fine prior and not now, go back to step one and put it back the way it was. Work out from there
  12. L

    New to me G2160 Steering Issue

    Good sleuthing. Post up anything else you find out
  13. L

    Coolant flush or drain/fill?

    Likely so. But honestly I don't care. (not being flippant BTW) I've just always been a more=less trouble regardless of the fluid involved. And yeah I get it but in my case if I drop an extra $15 or so on it per year it's just something I do, it's a past time and makes me feel better as I'm in...
  14. L

    Coolant flush or drain/fill?

    I much rather just do a drop and refill life left or not. Whether coolant, engine oil, trans/gearbox, whatever. Firm believer in avoiding issues. I get it though. If you're running a fleet you want to squeeze every dime you can
  15. L

    Coolant flush or drain/fill?

    Last time I was at the dealer getting filters I noted they had K branded coolant in stock and it was sort of a purplish hue. I know I know the color doesn't mean the formula