I am debating between the fuel pump shim mod or paying for the turbo. Are there any pros/cons for either? I'm happy with everything the tractor does other than bush hogging my 10 acre field. It struggles pretty bad with this.
Trade up to a more powerful modelI am debating between the fuel pump shim mod or paying for the turbo. Are there any pros/cons for either? I'm happy with everything the tractor does other than bush hogging my 10 acre field. It struggles pretty bad with this.
$3k for a turbo or $30k for a new tractor. I think I'll keep mine.Trade up to a more powerful model
Dan
Yea that $3k could turn it into $0k if the HP outdoes the drivetrain.$3k for a turbo or $30k for a new tractor. I think I'll keep mine.
What kind of bush hog do you have and what width is it?I'm happy with everything the tractor does other than bush hogging my 10 acre field. It struggles pretty bad with this.
Thats a poor equivalence. You could buy a nice used l3901 outright for less than $20k and a lot less to TRADE up. Plus you get more tractor to go with the additional HP.$3k for a turbo or $30k for a new tractor. I think I'll keep mine.
I don’t think the trade would work that way. You’d also get a DPF and zero increase in lift capacity, same frame, same features with probably zero warranty.Thats a poor equivalence. You could buy a nice used l3901 outright for less than $20k and a lot less to TRADE up. Plus you get more tractor to go with the additional HP.
Of course the trade works that way. You get nore HP, bigger tractor, and a common rail engine with exhaust after treatment. You get zero warranty either way.I don’t think the trade would work that way. You’d also get a DPF and zero increase in lift capacity, same frame, same features with probably zero warranty.
It’s not bigger. They have exactly the same loader. Common rail and DPF isn’t an advantage for many of us.You get nore HP, bigger tractor, and a common rail engine with exhaust after treatment. You get zero warranty either way.
Turbo. Many of the drive train parts are the same as the L3301. However, a 33 HP L2501 at 2200 RPM will be putting more torque on everything than a 33 HP L3301 at 2600 RPM. That said, I doubt you're looking at a catastrophic breakage; but reduced long-term life on parts due to subjecting them to higher stress.I am debating between the fuel pump shim mod or paying for the turbo. Are there any pros/cons for either? I'm happy with everything the tractor does other than bush hogging my 10 acre field. It struggles pretty bad with this.
I am not sure by what metric the L3901 is a bigger tractor.Of course the trade works that way. You get nore HP, bigger tractor, and a common rail engine with exhaust after treatment. You get zero warranty either way.
Looking at used nachines near me right now I can buy a 600 hour L3901HST with loader and R4's for $19,500 and easily sell the L2501 for $15,000 plus.
Dan
Of course there are lots of choices. I could buy a much older and bigger M7060 with 1K hours for the same price as the L3901. Or a new/used Kioti, MF, or JD...It’s not bigger. They have exactly the same loader. Common rail and DPF isn’t an advantage for many of us.
I’d go with a larger tractor and the 3901 isn’t if I traded. At the point, you go DPF there are a lot of choices.
It's a landpride 1860. Not mowing that low but it is thick. My hay guy can no longer cut it and I haven't found another one.What kind of bush hog do you have and what width is it?
How low are you trying to cut?
Are you mowing in L, M, or H?It's a landpride 1860. Not mowing that low but it is thick. My hay guy can no longer cut it and I haven't found another one.
I have to now in L for most of it. M occasionally on the thinner parts.Are you mowing in L, M, or H?
You're at the lowest end of the spectrum (~20 HP PTO) for the LP1860 (20-65 HP).It's a landpride 1860. Not mowing that low but it is thick. My hay guy can no longer cut it and I haven't found another one.