Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't think most are 'smiling smug' about the situation. Many ,like me, have seen this 'situation' played out before either on shows like American Greed' or in real life, three of my customers did, though not the 100% up front payment plan.
Sounds like the real court battle begins on Monday and I am surprised the TRO doesn't specifically say he can't accept new orders.This allows for cash in, but NOT out'. The website appears to be 'up and running' though I won't test with MY credit card and then try to cancel....I'll let someone else do that.
As for the speed of the courts. The last case here took 5-6 years from locks on the gates until the banks(secured creditor) got most of their coins, the 232 unsecured got nothing.
Since the court 'paperwork' seems to be online/available, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
I just tried to order a land plane (not that I really wanted to).
I would have used my credit card to test the system,....but, order could NOT be placed!
Item listings are all still there though.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Should be part of a buyer's due diligence.

In fairness, Homestead doesn't come up. Messicks has 0 reviews and is not accredited.
People go there to complain. Just like G00gle reviews; for every 1 dissatisfied customer there are 10 or 20 that are happy.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, so I placed a bogus order, go this....
Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is 139697.

No code has to be inserted here.
Is what I just got for placing an order, so EA's still accepting YOUR money

Reactions: 1 user

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I just tried to order a land plane (not that I really wanted to).
I would have used my credit card to test the system,....but, order could NOT be placed!
Item listings are all still there though.

curious, so I placed a bogus order, go this....
Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is 139697.

No code has to be inserted here.
Is what I just got for placing an order, so EA's still accepting YOUR money

Two totally different results, LOL

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
heck if you can teach a robot how to weld, surely you can teach a human to weld ??
kinda too late for Ted though,his days of 'fun in the sun' on others dimes will soon be over

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The human has to WANT to be taught to weld. There is the problem. Illegal or legal, not a whole lot of younger folks wanting to burn pipe for $120k/ year.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
My favorite reference!

Orange Tractor Talk Chatsters,

I’ve been following this thread for sometime now.

1st - thank you for not killing this thread. Many of us newbies or wannabes need this intel from you seasoned, experienced, thoughtful tractor operators.

Is Homestead now the go to for grapples with EA out of the game? It seems from posts & reports … their product is well executed & lightweight.

I am tracking on concerns regarding their payment practices.

Please chime in.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: Is Homestead now the go to for grapples with EA out of the game?

No. First ,YOU have to decide WHAT kind of 'grapple' you need ! Some are designed as 'bottom feeders', able to rake up roots..others more like overhead pincers ,great at grabbing a bunch of brush. Some guys swear you have to have 'shark like teeth on them', though even that depends on what you're using them for. Having greasable joinery is important as is being sure whatever cylinder(s) used is rated for YOUR tractor pressure. Width ? maybe 6" can make a huge difference in YOUR operations ? 6" more, makes for a mor estable carry but 6" less means grapple can be stored in a tight location.
Then there's 'do you NEED a grapple' ? if you have acres and acres and acres of brush to deal with,then a grapple can make life better. I've cleared away about 8 acres of brush just using pallet forks on my BX23S..a slow and steady,wins the race deal. Hay, I've been retired for 35 years so speed isn't a priority.
Be sure to WRITE down the pros and cons, who has what,all the factors . It's way to easy to say 'this looks nice, order,wait and then oopsy..not really what I need. Delivery time may(should) be important ! If you have time sensitive tasks,then buying a 7 out of 10 grapple may/will be better than waiting 6 months for the 9 our of 10.
I don't own a grapple,have never seen any in person that guys here promote, and unless one was in stock, I'd just make my own.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
re: Is Homestead now the go to for grapples with EA out of the game?

No. First ,YOU have to decide WHAT kind of 'grapple' you need ! Some are designed as 'bottom feeders', able to rake up roots..others more like overhead pincers ,great at grabbing a bunch of brush. Some guys swear you have to have 'shark like teeth on them', though even that depends on what you're using them for. Having greasable joinery is important as is being sure whatever cylinder(s) used is rated for YOUR tractor pressure. Width ? maybe 6" can make a huge difference in YOUR operations ? 6" more, makes for a mor estable carry but 6" less means grapple can be stored in a tight location.
Then there's 'do you NEED a grapple' ? if you have acres and acres and acres of brush to deal with,then a grapple can make life better. I've cleared away about 8 acres of brush just using pallet forks on my BX23S..a slow and steady,wins the race deal. Hay, I've been retired for 35 years so speed isn't a priority.
Be sure to WRITE down the pros and cons, who has what,all the factors . It's way to easy to say 'this looks nice, order,wait and then oopsy..not really what I need. Delivery time may(should) be important ! If you have time sensitive tasks,then buying a 7 out of 10 grapple may/will be better than waiting 6 months for the 9 our of 10.
I don't own a grapple,have never seen any in person that guys here promote, and unless one was in stock, I'd just make my own.
GreensvilleJay,

My needs are bit of both. Roots on invasive Russian Olive and massive piles of thorn, brambles & blackberry that cover over an acre of my property.

It was along my fence lines & several massive patches that I’ve cleaned up w chainsaws, loppers, steel rakes & machetes. The fence lines are now nearly completely cleared.

Also, my property is surrounded by woods on 2 sides - so I’m often dealing w downed trees after storms. In the past, I’ve used chainsaws and cut them into rounds where they fell and then loaded my trailer & truck w rounds to take to the splitter by my shed.

I’m thinking a grapple will simplify both uprooting grabbing invasive brush while saving my back moving longer lengths of cut trees to the splitter (or burn pile depending on the wood type)

Please keep it coming, I’m grateful for the input.

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
GreensvilleJay,

My needs are bit of both. Roots on invasive Russian Olive and massive piles of thorn, brambles & blackberry that cover over an acre of my property.

It was along along my fence lines & several massive patches that I’ve cleaned up w chainsaws, loppers, steel rakes & machetes. The fence lines are now nearly completely cleared.

Also, my property is surrounded by woods on 2 sides - so I’m often dealing w downed trees after storms. In the past, I’ve used chainsaws and cut them into rounds where they fell and then loaded my trailer & truck w rounds to take to the splitter by my shed.

I’m thinking a grapple will simplify both uprooting grabbing invasive brush while saving my back moving longer lengths of cut trees to the splitter (or burn pile depending on the wood type)

Please keep it coming, I’m grateful for the input.
I make work very very similar to what you describe and my grapple (an AE root grapple) is such a huge time saver and allows me do do things normally I wouldn't (like pick up long lengths of downed trees and place on trailer in length to be moved to be processed in more convenient areas, to lifting downed trees to waist height and bucking into rounds with my back straight, to "grubbing" the ground ripping out roots below the surface, etc...)

the grapple I use is called a root grapple (sometimes called rock grapple around these parts) which allow me in my soft ground to run the tines embedded in the ground cutting/lifting/ripping out small roots). notice the long tines.
1709060036024.jpeg

But around here I see a lot of this design (also an AE picture). We call them ant eaters. Short bottom tines. I have used both and for sure they operate differently.

1709060103284.jpeg

what is best for your use??? unsure just wanted to point out in case you missed but for me I choose the long bottom tines. A little heavier due to more material but I seem to often cradle stuff on the longer tines versus using lid to squeeze material into the frame to be held with the lid pressure.

well that my unsolicited 2 cents for what its worth. A grapple sounds like very useful addition for your work load.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Orange Tractor Talk Chatsters,

I’ve been following this thread for sometime now.

1st - thank you for not killing this thread. Many of us newbies or wannabes need this intel from you seasoned, experienced, thoughtful tractor operators.

Is Homestead now the go to for grapples with EA out of the game? It seems from posts & reports … their product is well executed & lightweight.

I am tracking on concerns regarding their payment practices.

Please chime in.
There are a few USA made grapples out there. You'll have to figure out what you need (root rake or root grapple) and how much weight you want to sacrifice. I would say Homestead makes good stuff, but not necessarily the go- to place.
FWIW, they (Homestead) also have you pay up front.
Edit- @Maplepoints out a very distinct difference. Most root rake grapples will have the lower tines reinforced in a way that they act more like a shovel. That impedes forward movement when they dig in. He and I have the same style. Just drop it and uproot the undergrowth as you plow through.

Last edited: