New purchase, concerns with dealers...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am curious about the outcome here since i am interested in getting a combo bucket myself. Have an LX2610SU, am in Southern Az and already have a 6' rear blade and rake from everything attachments. Great implements. For the front i have the standard 54" bucket, pallet forks and a stump bucket. It seems to me that a 4 in 1 buck would be great for spreading loose material with the front of the tractor, without having to come at on the side or backing into it with the rear blade.

Also want to add that we upgraded from a BX1880 with a pinned bucket. It was super slow going loading my dump trailer due to limited lift, height and reach. LX does it in less than half the time.

Anyway, if the OP is still about, what did you decide?
Your LX2610 apparently can only lift 1067 lbs.
IMHO it is a bad idea to decrease your usable lift capacity, with the additional dead weight of a 4-N-1 bucket.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Also spreading loose material with a bucket is easy. You slowly dump material while backing up. After a few trips you'll get into the 'rhythm' of hitting the joystick just the right amount to lay down the material fairly consistantly.

Reactions: 1 user

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
Your LX2610 apparently can only lift 1067 lbs.
IMHO it is a bad idea to decrease your usable lift capacity, with the additional dead weight of a 4-N-1 bucket.
I think its a little bit more than that. We used the forks and a paller of 8x8x16 blocks, its been a while though and i dont remember how many blocks i was able to lift. Granted more weight than it will lift to full height its close to 45 blocks. Thats half a pallet which is like 3500lbs. I can move half that, not lift to max height. Wouldnt want to anyway, was just testing how much will come off the ground. I have shimmed it since and have not tried again. Also, with the 4 in 1, i would think when it comes to loading in a trailer or whatever, ope ing the bucket verses dumping, will accomplish the same thing but instead of curling back to back away you can just back away as the bucke is still clearing the trailer? In a way that may be a bit faster compared to dump and curl motion..?

Also spreading loose material with a bucket is easy. You slowly dump material while backing up. After a few trips you'll get into the 'rhythm' of hitting the joystick just the right amount to lay down the material fairly consistantly.

I have spread a fare amount of loos piles be it from a dump truck or dump trailer. Im limited to 9100lbs load capacity though i have exceeded that with 6 and 7 ton loads but 21 tons from a dump truck. The bucket will still acculate and hold material in the bucket when im not trying to puck anything up. Requiring dumping, where as a 4 in 1 with the bucket open a d pushing is t going to carry anything when you dont want it to. Does that not matter?

Im genuinely curious and i greatly appreciate the feedback here since just the concept seems to me to be a great idea. I dont currently have a need for a grapple. Likely to not use that feature alot, that i can think of. But i am waiting to hear back from the dealer about ordering one. I mean, id love to have some kimda dozer blade type thing on the front. But to carry additional things around when you dont have to would be great. I have a gooseneck trailer so i have no bed space if i want to haul a bunch of tractor implements or accesories. I have used a pallet on the neck tho.

Attachments

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
I do know the 4 in 1 is heavier than the 54" it came with. But when you look at all the other combination buckets on the market, the cb1060 seems to be the lightest i can find. Not sure there can be any way to make one much lighter. I can live with the additional weight and minor loss of material lift capacity. Im not loading/moving heavy materials that often anyway. Mostly yard or road maintenance. Some of us have to learn for ourselves too right???lol
Either way, whatever we decide to do, its going to cost...
Even recently thought maybe there is a way to use the 6' blade on the front. But that will require more work...but fun work...

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think its a little bit more than that. We used the forks and a paller of 8x8x16 blocks, its been a while though and i dont remember how many blocks i was able to lift. Granted more weight than it will lift to full height its close to 45 blocks. Thats half a pallet which is like 3500lbs. I can move half that, not lift to max height. Wouldnt want to anyway, was just testing how much will come off the ground. I have shimmed it since and have not tried again. Also, with the 4 in 1, i would think when it comes to loading in a trailer or whatever, ope ing the bucket verses dumping, will accomplish the same thing but instead of curling back to back away you can just back away as the bucke is still clearing the trailer? In a way that may be a bit faster compared to dump and curl motion..?

I have spread a fare amount of loos piles be it from a dump truck or dump trailer. Im limited to 9100lbs load capacity though i have exceeded that with 6 and 7 ton loads but 21 tons from a dump truck. The bucket will still acculate and hold material in the bucket when im not trying to puck anything up. Requiring dumping, where as a 4 in 1 with the bucket open a d pushing is t going to carry anything when you dont want it to. Does that not matter?

Im genuinely curious and i greatly appreciate the feedback here since just the concept seems to me to be a great idea. I dont currently have a need for a grapple. Likely to not use that feature alot, that i can think of. But i am waiting to hear back from the dealer about ordering one. I mean, id love to have some kimda dozer blade type thing on the front. But to carry additional things around when you dont have to would be great. I have a gooseneck trailer so i have no bed space if i want to haul a bunch of tractor implements or accesories. I have used a pallet on the neck tho.
The Kubota specs. for your LX 2610 show loader lift as 1067 lbs, at the pin!
Only 769 lbs at 19.7" from the pin.
That just ain't much lift capacity, ......and you are willing to decrease it, by at least 100 lbs?

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
The Kubota specs. for your LX 2610 show loader lift as 1067 lbs, at the pin!
Only 769 lbs at 19.7" from the pin.
That just ain't much lift capacity, ......and you are willing to decrease it, by at least 100 lbs?
Be like 180lb reduction. Im ok with that. I do mostly yard work and road maintenance. Light material like hore manure which id have 6 inches more bucket? I dunno. I just want to be able to do more with the front when it comes to working dirt.

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
I also get what spec says. But im not sure how they come by spec numbers. Ive got loaded rear tires and probly had the BB on the back too
Im gonna have to get more blocks and test the lift again. I just cant remember what we came up with. I know for sure over 1k lbs.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I also get what spec says. But im not sure how they come by spec numbers. Ive got loaded rear tires and probly had the BB on the back too
Im gonna have to get more blocks and test the lift again. I just cant remember what we came up with. I know for sure over 1k lbs.
I am sure you realize that the loaded rear tires and BB on, will have zero effect on the Kubota loader (spec.) lift capacity.

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
Ballast. Exactly. No telling what conditions were present when "specs" were determine. Or how.
I am sure you realize that the loaded rear tires and BB on, will have zero effect on the Kubota loader (spec.) lift

Ballast. Exactly. No telling under what conditions "specs" are determined. Or how. Maybe its math and geometry. I dont know. But ballast makes a huge difference.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I haven't followed this whole thread, so I don't know how it got to being about a 4 in 1 bucket. But that being said, a 4 in 1 is what I should have bought for my LX. Instead of the grapple I have, and don't use.

I don't have issues with lift capacity on my LX. It lifts everything I've tried to lift with the FEL. If I needed it to move round bales or pallets of bricks, I would have bought a much bigger tractor.

I view my LX as a big B, or small L, with the comfort of a Grand L.

Last edited:

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
I haven't followed this whole thread, so I don't know how it got to being about a 4 in 1 bucket. But that being said, a 4 in 1 is what I should have bought for my LX. Instead of the grapple I have, and don't use.

I don't have issues with lift capacity on my LX. It lifts everything I've tried to lift with the FEL. If I needed it to move round bales or pallets of bricks, I would have bought a much bigger tractor.

I view my LX as a big B, or small L, with the comfort of a Grand L.

The original post mentions the 4 in 1 and it seems most of the comments against the 4 in 1 are due to the reduced lift capacity. I think you are right to view it as such. In all that ive seen, befor they called it the LX, it was a big B, a size between the B and L. Pretty sure that is why it was renamed. We started off with a BX with much less capability sooo personaly, I think i can live with the additional weight of a more functional bucket. It will still do what i want and need. In time we will get one. I will share my experience when the time comes. But it will be awhile.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
I'm unclear how a 4in1 bucket is better than a normal bucket for hauling/dispensing material ,which was part of the original post??

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The original post mentions the 4 in 1 and it seems most of the comments against the 4 in 1 are due to the reduced lift capacity. I think you are right to view it as such. In all that ive seen, befor they called it the LX, it was a big B, a size between the B and L. Pretty sure that is why it was renamed. We started off with a BX with much less capability sooo personaly, I think i can live with the additional weight of a more functional bucket. It will still do what i want and need. In time we will get one. I will share my experience when the time comes. But it will be awhile.
769 lb. normal lift - 180 lb. bucket wt. increase, (per OP) for 4-N-1 bucket.
589 lb. usable lift?
Really?
Lawn tractor capability?

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
A 4 in 1 allows one to dump the load higher than a basic bucket.

A 4 in 1 allows one to pick up material without pushing the material.

A 4 in 1 can be used as a grapple. Like using a spoon instead of a fork for loose material. Dirt, gravel, etc.

I used one decades ago, commercially. It has it's place and it's a game changer once one masters it.

If lift capacity is your primary love, you'll always want a bigger tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
nice, to know the differences. ALL the quarries near me( 5 of them.) have normal buckets on their loaders,1,3,?? yard buckets. Have never seen a 4in1 in person around here.
Probably one of the those 'right tool for the right job' thing.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
nice, to know the differences. ALL the quarries near me( 5 of them.) have normal buckets on their loaders,1,3,?? yard buckets. Have never seen a 4in1 in person around here.
Probably one of the those 'right tool for the right job' thing.
4-N-1 buckets were a big thing back in the 60's......not so much now.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Enjoy....

You grapple lovers; Just found a better tool. Lol.

It's called a 4 in 1. If it was invented the last decade everyone would want one.

But because it's old school and heavy, like @fried1765 mentioned, it's not so popular anymore.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Enjoy....

You grapple lovers; Just found a better tool. Lol.

It's called a 4 in 1. If it was invented the last decade everyone would want one.

But because it's old school and heavy, like @fried1765 mentioned, it's not so popular anymore.
Thanks for posting this. I had never taken the time to look one up.

I think they are...hmmmm..lets say "intriguing"

I like the concept, but the actual operation looks "clumsy" to me.

I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it was cool to see it in operation.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Thanks for posting this. I had never taken the time to look one up.

I think they are...hmmmm..lets say "intriguing"

I like the concept, but the actual operation looks "clumsy" to me.

I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it was cool to see it in operation.
Like any other tool, you have to learn how to operate it first before you can comment on its value. I find it interesting that it is sold down under on BX tractors which have limited lifting power. I also wonder what the specs are for the down-under BX compared to its North American cousin.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
769 lb. normal lift - 180 lb. bucket wt. increase, (per OP) for 4-N-1 bucket.
589 lb. usable lift?
Really?
Lawn tractor capability?
Keep in mind the 769 lb specification is FULL height 20" (500 mm) from pins.

Roughly 20 inches high and 20 inches out from the pin the LA535 lifts over 1600 lbs. IMHO , hardly lawn tractor capability, :). Still has over 1000 lbs lift capacity 20 inches out from pin and 60 inches high.