What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
All of us in the south can’t understand why all y’all up there, live with that white crap.
And to think I’m looking to move north north than I already am. As I tell everyone who hates the cold, you can always put on more clothes, but there is a certain point where you can’t remove anymore clothes 😁

Reactions: 3 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
And to think I’m looking to move north north than I already am. As I tell everyone who hates the cold, you can always put on more clothes, but there is a certain point where you can’t remove anymore clothes 😁

True enough.

Still.....I prefer a little sweat to 'frostbite'. All in what you are used to I guess. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
5341689115179.jpg.0e4101c9abf6d342d02fdb529b88e8df.jpg

I'd willing to bet I spend a ton more time outdoors in our so called winter months.

True enough.

Still.....I prefer a little sweat to 'frostbite'. All in what you are used to I guess. ;)
Nothing wrong with a little bit of sweat.

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Mover the B1700 over to get the quad out for tick control duties

Attachments

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Many projects today, but two interesting "firsts" on the tractor:

1) Reached the limit of the loader. Have an extra one of those huge sacks of sand from our house build (for the stone masonry I guess?) that we wanted to keep, so was moving it away from the house so no one destroys it. The 4701 could just get it off the ground using the curl function -- had to drag it part of the way because the loader couldn't get it up any higher. Guess I should have lifted it on the pallet vs forks through the loops.

2) Finally got to use the rear diff lock. We had a bunch of clearing done in our planned pasture area and I was trying to smooth out the holes (track hoe took the trees out with most of the stumps). Front tire went down in one of the holes and ended up with two wheels up in the air. Had to use the bucket to lift the front/get back both back tires back on the ground, plus diff lock to back my way out of the situation. Took a few minutes to figure that all out.

I can't say I feel I wish I had a bigger tractor, but this is the first time I've hit the limitations of the 4701.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Please be careful doing that.
While you’re warning folks about what they do, might wanna check the ratings on your scaffolding. Pretty sure that stuff isn’t supposed to be used over 2 sections high. I see 3 sections in your photos. I have some of the same stuff.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Pulled the garlic today then used the "wife basket" to help store it in the barn for drying.
Nice.

When we had a victory garden, the Laundry Fairy would take our garlic and weave the leaves together, about 20 to 30 at a time, then I would hang them up underneath the porch up and out of any sunlight.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Mover the B1700 over to get the quad out for tick control duties
I need to get me one of those. About tired of routine mixing and spot spraying with a 2 gallon bug sprayer.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
In case you are wondering, there is a VERY noticeable difference between 118f and 122f.

But it's a dry heat.🤣🤣🤣🤣
I spent 4 months in Barstow, CA back in 1994, particularly the time frame you mentioned. I woke up on July 31 at 0500, looked at the hotel marquee and it said 38F. I went past the same marquee 6 hours later, it said 118F, and I had 2nd degree burns on every finger tip of my right hand because I didn’t put on gloves before I opened the car door. Most days before that, couldn’t see the marquee because of El Nino winds and sand storms, for 3 of the 4 months I was there. I live in Alabama for a reason. Barstow is a good place to be FROM.

Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
While you’re warning folks about what they do, might wanna check the ratings on your scaffolding. Pretty sure that stuff isn’t supposed to be used over 2 sections high. I see 3 sections in your photos. I have some of the same stuff.
My youngest son said my work around the farm has become Safefy Thi3d.
They gave me some horse power stickers for the equipment last Christmas. lol

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Then there’s swimming pools that open on Memorial Day and don’t close until Labor Day, and that’s the commercial stuff. Most folks around here are in their pool by late April, and don’t winterize them until October. I prefer warmer climes and the wardrobe associated with them ( especially that of the gentler gender) but not where the temperature swings 100 degrees in 14 hours. The scenery in the South lasts a lot longer each year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Weird, but true. In a dream last night, I thought of how I was going to get the skidsteer up on railroad ties so I could service it(pull skid plates, clean out debris and change oil etc). I'm gonna load it on the equipment tilt trailer, then drive directly onto the ties from the trailer, no worries about busting out some automotive car ramps or messing up my jack.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It is actually rated for 3 sections high....but you might also notice the center section, I chose to leave out the factory center tier and built my own 'extension' from 1/4" wall DOM and cross braced it because the factory set up allowed for a bit more 'movement' overall than I cared for at that height.

The weight of my extension was less than the weight of the factory tier and took the 'wiggle' out the whole system. So yes, I was fine.

Believe me....the last thing I want to do at my age....is take a fall.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...IXWRzRADQ3U2zot-U808M3Olj82i_vzRoCfdsQAvD_BwE

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I need to get me one of those. About tired of routine mixing and spot spraying with a 2 gallon bug sprayer.
Still have to mix but it is 25 gal at a time. My passes are around 10’ wide so quick work of the mowed areas although I keep my speed under 5mph for good coverage. It also has a hand wand and that I can either spray off the quad or walk around to get hard to reach areas. Bought it from Northern Tools back in 2018. Clean it out after use and check your hose clamps is about all I have to do to it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Does A/C even do anything??
Yes, actually it is very comfortable.... until you go outside.... or open your electric bill.
And God help you if your AC dies, because everyone else's dies at the same time....
That is why you need two.....

• Haha

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
It is actually rated for 3 sections high....but you might also notice the center section, I chose to leave out the factory center tier and built my own 'extension' from 1/4" wall DOM and cross braced it because the factory set up allowed for a bit more 'movement' overall than I cared for at that height.

The weight of my extension was less than the weight of the factory tier and took the 'wiggle' out the whole system. So yes, I was fine.

Believe me....the last thing I want to do at my age....is take a fall.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...IXWRzRADQ3U2zot-U808M3Olj82i_vzRoCfdsQAvD_BwE
Yup, me too, I'm allergic to gravity. After 45 years of repeated fall safety training at work, and the fact my dad had a life changing injury from a fall (at age 39) from only 6 feet when I was 12, no one's gotta tell me the safest way to climb is DON'T. He spent the next 26 years of his life in a VA hostpital because of his head injury. I'm not afraid of heights, but that sudden stop at the bottom worries me. I ain't as bouncy as I used to be. If I'm more than 6 feet off the ground these days, I'm wearing fall protection. An ounce of prevention, and all that.

I only use mine indoors, so never bothered getting more than one section. The platform is rarely higher than the bottom notch (or I couldn't stand up under our ceiling). It was a life-saver when I was building my shop (10 foot 'ceiling') and while me and the missus are renovating inside the house. I stood most of my trusses up by myself thanks to that little platform. Sure beats the heck outta going up and down step-ladders and moving them and it is actually a lot safer. I put a small rope across the back side of mine when I'm using it so it reminds me not to step off it, or both sides if I'm out on open floor. Even at a couple feet, a fall at my age may be the end. Ducking under one small rope is a lot better than stepping off backward. Besides that, I can hang tools on the rope too, and keep them close so I don't have to bend over. The older I get, the less bendy I get.

I'm assuming you leave that attached to the tractor for more stability? Setting up scaffolding on uneven ground is not a fun thing to do.

I've got some tree work that needs doing, and would like to do it myself by renting a tow-behind EWP, but every one of the equipment rental places around here have specific prohibitions about using the lifts for tree trimming/removal. Guess too many idiots have dropped trees on the lifts. Looks like I may be stuck paying through the nose to get the tree work done because there's no way I'm climbing up a tree that I'm taking down. There's a reason I'm taking it down, mainly because I don't trust it any more and don't want it to fall on my stuff. I sure as heck don't want it falling with me in it.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL