LA534 joystick issue on B2650/LX2610

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I am having a very hard time operating my loader joystick smoothly. Wondering if others are having the same issue and or found a solution.
it seems very hard to operate loader smoothly, especially tilting bucket….joystick is hard to push and then when it does move the bucket will move faster than I want….kinda like pushing a brick until you over come the friction. Have used other loaders and they were much easier to operate and move the bucket very slowly and smoothly
any thoughts?
thx

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I am having a very hard time operating my loader joystick smoothly. Wondering if others are having the same issue and or found a solution.
it seems very hard to operate loader smoothly, especially tilting bucket….joystick is hard to push and then when it does move the bucket will move faster than I want….kinda like pushing a brick until you over come the friction. Have used other loaders and they were much easier to operate and move the bucket very slowly and smoothly
any thoughts?
thx
My B2650 loader control lever is "quick to react". I have to gently apply pressure, or the bucket moves too far too fast. It just took a little getting used to, but I can do "slow and easy" now with no problem.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
How long have you owned the tractor? Has it always done this or is it a recent issue?

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I have the same tractor and I have no issues, does the RPM's affect the concern? Only asking because I am new to the backhoe operation and found it is easier at 1800 rpms rather than full throttle. Like others have asked it is a new concern or has it always been like that. You are aware of the dump function of the joystick, right?

Reactions: 1 user

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
had tractor for about a year….always done it…..cthomas not sure what you are referring too

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
Still hard to operate and sticky, have sprayed it with lubricant but cannot get it to work smoothl, winter project to remove valve and have it looked at or swap out?
need to find a 2650 that supposedly works correctly to compare

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
You are aware that the bucket curl controls have a 2 stage operating mode? With an indent between that can be pretty stiff to push through. Same for the boom control, pushing forward there's an indent then the lever locks in boom float mode.
If those aren't the "stiffness" issues then it's a matter of breaking in the controls over time and getting accustomed to how they feel.
My 1180 hours 2017 B2650 had stiffer feeling controls for sure when it was new, and over time the controls got smoother operating and my feel for them improved hugely.

My right arm is trained, no thinking or fussing with the controls anymore. Works absolutely beautifully! Love this loader, this machine.
And with the dual-acting hydraulics controller where you can raise/lower and curl/dump simultaneously (except for the curl-up/raise-boom corner) working with it is a simply a joy.