Adding Rear Remotes if You Have a Backhoe

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I know this is an older thread, but I'll post here to start. I know nothing about how hydraulics work. At some point I would like rear remotes. I would like to use the summit EVK4-K8
Electric Rear Remote Valve Kit for Kubota BX Series Tractors (Four Spool) I will only need or use it with BH off.
My idea is to mount it to my 3pt QH. I would use a quick connect at rear of tractor to plug the electric line into. I would then use the lines for BH I believe it is the PB line (the one with short hose off the tractor) I would connect this hose via QC to the (in) port of the valve and build a short hose to run from the (out) port, that would run to the tank port I believe. (the one the short hose plugs into when BH is off. I have seen videos of guys using those 2 connection points and it works. I have also read post people saying it wont work/isn't the right way, and need to use all 3 lines on back of tractor. Which of these is true? If I need to use all 3. Is there away or can I plumb that 3rd line to the summit valve?
Should work.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I know this is an older thread, but I'll post here to start. I know nothing about how hydraulics work. At some point I would like rear remotes. I would like to use the summit EVK4-K8
Electric Rear Remote Valve Kit for Kubota BX Series Tractors (Four Spool) I will only need or use it with BH off.
My idea is to mount it to my 3pt QH. I would use a quick connect at rear of tractor to plug the electric line into. I would then use the lines for BH I believe it is the PB line (the one with short hose off the tractor) I would connect this hose via QC to the (in) port of the valve and build a short hose to run from the (out) port, that would run to the tank port I believe. (the one the short hose plugs into when BH is off. I have seen videos of guys using those 2 connection points and it works. I have also read post people saying it wont work/isn't the right way, and need to use all 3 lines on back of tractor. Which of these is true? If I need to use all 3. Is there away or can I plumb that 3rd line to the summit valve?
Fourth time this week.

Short answer - the electric valves do not have power beyond.

You would connect backhoe OUT on the tractor To IN on the electric valve baseplate.

Tank on the baseplate must go to pressure return on the tractor if you want the 3pt and loader to work.

You do not use the backhoe tank return.

That said if it were me I would make the valves a permanent part of the circuit so the can be used with backhoe on or off the tractor.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

holmanjp

Equipment
2022-Bx23s, BX2822A, RCK60D-26BX-1, RB1560, QH05
Feb 16, 2021
MN
Fourth time this week.

Short answer - the electric valves do not have power beyond.

You would connect backhoe OUT on the tractor To IN on the electric valve baseplate.

Tank on the baseplate must go to pressure return on the tractor if you want the 3pt and loader to work.

You do not use the backhoe tank return.

That said if it were me I would make the valves a permanent part of the circuit so the can be used with backhoe on or off the tractor.

Dan
Thanks Dan,

Like I said I no nothing about hydraulics.
Is this the correct connections?

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've thought a little about converting my thumb to hydraulic. I'm thinking a diverter mounted near the boom/stick joint and plumbed into the bucket lines for the thumb cylinder would work. Then I wouldn't have to run 2 more lines past that boom swing joint. Seems like a button on the bucket lever could select between bucket curl and thumb extend.

You would be diverting bucket curl hydraulics, to alternating thumb use?
That would be very inconvenient to use!
I have a hydraulic thumb, but cannot imagine using the system you describe.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan,

Like I said I no nothing about hydraulics.
Is this the correct connections?
Well I know nothing about your backhoe but I believe that is correct. Its the two couplers you loop together when the backhoe is removed.

Is there some reason you do not want to put the valves on the tractor permanently?

Dan

holmanjp

Equipment
Feb 16, 2021
MN
Well I know nothing about your backhoe but I believe that is correct. Its the two couplers you loop together when the backhoe is removed.

Is there some reason you do not want to put the valves on the tractor permanently?

Dan
Appearance, I like everything to look factory. Or close to it. It just bothers me seeing things hanging off the ROPS.

holmanjp

Equipment
Feb 16, 2021
MN
Understood and I feel the same but Kubota does it left and right. Would you like a hydraulic thumb on the backhoe?????

Dan
At some point. My plan is to then add a Kubota 3rd function like I have on my FEL. The valve is electric it tapps into and is mounted right where the QC are mounted. It's T'd into the factory hard lines.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You would be diverting bucket curl hydraulics, to alternating thumb use?
That would be very inconvenient to use!
I have a hydraulic thumb, but cannot imagine using the system you describe.
Anything would be more convenient than crawling off to manually adjust the thumb :).
But since i wrote that, I've a) discovered there's room to route 2 more 1/4" hoses through the boom joint and b) bought a valve section to add to the stack. I'd have to cobble up the linkage for the foot control, I assume thats what you have?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Anything would be more convenient than crawling off to manually adjust the thumb :).
But since i wrote that, I've a) discovered there's room to route 2 more 1/4" hoses through the boom joint and b) bought a valve section to add to the stack. I'd have to cobble up the linkage for the foot control, I assume thats what you have?
Yes....
I have the foot control, and you really do need to find a way to rig one up.
Having a BH is very nice,.....having a BH with hydraulic thumb is fantastic!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
At some point. My plan is to then add a Kubota 3rd function like I have on my FEL. The valve is electric it tapps into and is mounted right where the QC are mounted. It's T'd into the factory hard lines.
You can just stick a solenoid valve on the hoe - put it in the input line ahead of the OEM valve. Instant electric thumb. Same idea as third function on the FEL.

Dan