Looking for diverter setup for L35.

Bill K

Equipment
2000 L35, BT900 BH, Woodmax chipper, Titan forks, Kubota grapple
Oct 16, 2021
Foster, RI
You have obviously made your choice and the diverter will work fine. You actually lose very little functionality using a diverter given the operation of Kubota loader valves.

But you can roll your own "true" 3rd function for much less than $900.
  1. A generic D03 solenoid valve with manifold is $200.
  2. A joystick handle with harness is $185 from Summit.
At that point you are at $390 and 90% of the way there. The remainder is the same hoses, fittings, couplers, and brackets you need for a diverter.

Dan
Thank you , if I had found that information in the beginning that is the route I would have chosen. I spent a day on line doing what research I could and wasn't even sure if the L35 had a beyond port so the diverter was the easiest and cheapest as I could find. I appreciate the help but alas, it is too late. Parts have been shipped. Even looking now I see twenty different "generic D03" valves so wouldn't know where to start.

Last edited:

Bill K

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Foster, RI
You have obviously made your choice and the diverter will work fine. You actually lose very little functionality using a diverter given the operation of Kubota loader valves.

But you can roll your own "true" 3rd function for much less than $900.
  1. A generic D03 solenoid valve with manifold is $200.
  2. A joystick handle with harness is $185 from Summit.
At that point you are at $390 and 90% of the way there. The remainder is the same hoses, fittings, couplers, and brackets you need for a diverter.

Dan
I noticed most individuals install the solenoid up near the controls and plumb everything from there. Then running long hoses to crossbeam for couplings. For ease of installation is there a reason not to mount solenoid on the crossbeam and run the control harness down to it? Wire is cheaper than hydraulic lines and should be fairly well protected behind grapple Must be a reason that I haven’t thought of yet. Thank you, Bill

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you , if I had found that information in the beginning that is the route I would have chosen. I spent a day on line doing what research I could and wasn't even sure if the L35 had a beyond port so the diverter was the easiest and cheapest as I could find. I appreciate the help but alas, it is too late. Parts have been shipped. Even looking now I see twenty different "generic D03" valves so wouldn't know where to start.
Just for future reference D03 valves are physically interchangeable, Any D03 with a 4 way tandem spool would work. You don't need those fancy Deutsche connectors or ISO plugs. A valve with a conduit wiring box makes cabling very simple - 3 conductor cord for two hots and a ground screwed down to a terminal strip.

1675005615743.png

I noticed most individuals install the solenoid up near the controls and plumb everything from there. Then running long hoses to crossbeam for couplings. For ease of installation is there a reason not to mount solenoid on the crossbeam and run the control harness down to it? Wire is cheaper than hydraulic lines and should be fairly well protected behind grapple Must be a reason that I haven’t thought of yet. Thank you, Bill
It's definitely more exposed but no other reason that I can think of.

Dan

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You need to tie in to the bucket lines before they tee off to the separate cylinders. In order to mount the diverter close to the bucket, you would need to cut and fit the hard lines. This can be done, but is more involved that running hoses.

Bill K

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Foster, RI
You need to tie in to the bucket lines before they tee off to the separate cylinders. In order to mount the diverter close to the bucket, you would need to cut and fit the hard lines. This can be done, but is more involved
You need to tie in to the bucket lines before they tee off to the separate cylinders. In order to mount the diverter close to the bucket, you would need to cut and fit the hard lines. This can be done, but is more involved that running hoses.
Understand! Didn’t think of that. I would be pressuring the diverter AND the line feeding the dump cylinders at the same time

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
In my case the third function is used for the front mounted snow blower deflection cylinder. If the solenoid was mounted on the crossbeam it would be removed with the loader.

Nicholi67

Equipment
L35, 88 Chevy R30 Dump
Apr 8, 2023
It appears as if no one has anything in stock for L35. Tractor Data has listed as 17gpm and everything looks to be 13gpm. I have a forestry plan in motion on twenty acres and really need a grapple on the machine.
Hey Bill K,
I was contemplating the same thing as I have a 2001 L35, and had a need for a grapple, so sprung for the 3rd function valve kit from messicks, yet out of everything they sent, the mounting plates were useless, and some of the hoses didn't work out. I ended up fabricating a plate for the valve, and with a few fittings, put the 3rd function on some 1/4' diamond plate located just below the control stick(see pics). The flow available is adequate to run the grapple I picked up. I also fabbed the plate for the front QC valves, an aluminum cover for the front steel lines, and the off the top of the loader for the extra hose going to the grapple yet keeping it out of the way of anyting with use of a barn handle to some straight bar.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It appears as if no one has anything in stock for L35. Tractor Data has listed as 17gpm and everything looks to be 13gpm. I have a forestry plan in motion on twenty acres and really need a grapple on the machine.
That Tractor Data GPM info is for the system capability.
A grapple will not need/use 17.3 GPM.

Reactions: 1 user