3 Point Quick Hitch Suggestions

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I currently have a land pride QH05 and a decent collection of rear implements (box blade, weight bracket, wood chipper, rear blade sprayer, dethatcher and an aerator). I recently bought a used EA aerator, and it doesn’t match up to the qH05 even though it appears to be QH compatible (quick hitch pin it too high for the top hook) and everything else I own matches up to it.

With that said, before I go buy a QH15, wondering what other options people have found that they like. I’m not interested in the pats quick hitch as I have a hydraulic top link and don’t want to deal with in pinning it, plus it makes connecting stuff really easy. Looking for a quality QH, preferably made domestically, not an inexpensive harbor freight one. Based on the above, I seem to be stuck with a land pride or iMatch, but hoping someone has something I haven’t found yet.

Thanks

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Based on the above, I seem to be stuck with a land pride or iMatch, but hoping someone has something I haven’t found yet.

Thanks
here's what I got. no complaints. Inexpensive, works great with adjustable top hook and NO BUSHINGS NEEDED.

alternatively, can you use one of these with your current quick hitch??? https://www.everythingattachments.c...pter-for-Category-I-Hitch-p/spco-hf141145.htm

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
here's what I got. no complaints. Inexpensive, works great with adjustable top hook and NO BUSHINGS NEEDED.

alternatively, can you use one of these with your current quick hitch??? https://www.everythingattachments.c...pter-for-Category-I-Hitch-p/spco-hf141145.htm
I have the speeco and wouldn't buy it again. I had to widen mine and cut and fabricate clearance for the PTO shaft. Still doesn't work with all my implements.

If I did this all over again I'd go with the euro style ball mounts

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
ok, curious...
why did you widen the speeco ? I can't see how PTO shaft would be close to the hitch.
maybe post a picture ?

icehorse

Equipment
L3901, FEL, box blade, tedder rake, mini round baler, rotary cutter
Aug 10, 2022
With that said, before I go buy a QH15, wondering what other options people have found that they like. I’m not interested in the pats quick hitch as I have a hydraulic top link and don’t want to deal with in pinning it, plus it makes connecting stuff really easy.
Can you restate those two sentences, I can't quite parse them. thanks!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
makes you wonder WHY 'they' make up standards.....

would it have been easier (better ?) to narrow down the 'nonstandard' 3pt implement ?

Reactions: 1 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I currently have a land pride QH05 and a decent collection of rear implements (box blade, weight bracket, wood chipper, rear blade sprayer, dethatcher and an aerator). I recently bought a used EA aerator, and it doesn’t match up to the qH05 even though it appears to be QH compatible (quick hitch pin it too high for the top hook) and everything else I own matches up to it.

With that said, before I go buy a QH15, wondering what other options people have found that they like. I’m not interested in the pats quick hitch as I have a hydraulic top link and don’t want to deal with in pinning it, plus it makes connecting stuff really easy. Looking for a quality QH, preferably made domestically, not an inexpensive harbor freight one. Based on the above, I seem to be stuck with a land pride or iMatch, but hoping someone has something I haven’t found yet.

Thanks
No standards here. You need to measure before your commit to a purchase if its not landpride QH and implement.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Can't beat their terms..........

• Out of stock until February '21
They aren't the only distributer that sells them. Sometimes you have to put a little extra effort in to find what you need in this economy. ;)

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Thanks
After recently adding a Pats Easy Change to my B, I would not buy a QH again (I have one for the MX but wished I bought a Pats now). I understood you don’t want a Pats, but it convenient and versatile.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Can you restate those two sentences, I can't quite parse them. thanks!
I can drop an implant off the back and hook up a new one without ever getting off the machine. I guess that is not unique to having the hydraulic top link, but it makes connecting things very easy. With a pats quick hitch, it will require disconnecting the top link and reconnecting it each time I switch implements and having the top link laying down when nothing is attached.

These are minor gripes, but why I prefer the quick hitch versus the pats setup. The quick hitch also adds some extra weight.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
After recently adding a Pats Easy Change to my B, I would not buy a QH again (I have one for the MX but wished I bought a Pats now). I understood you don’t want a Pats, but it convenient and versatile.
I certainly see the appeal of the pats setup, and I've thought about getting it before. I know people that have them generally seem to be pretty happy with it as it allows them to attach to pretty much anything. I have a decent set up implements, and so far everything fits the QH05. I just picked up a used EA aerator this past week. Its a few years old, but it appears to be setup for a quick hitch given the pin layout on it, but the QH05 top hook is 2-3" too low to attach to it. An adjustable top hook will solve that problem.

The reasons I prefer the normal quick hitch is I can drop and pick up an implement without needing to leave my seat. I have a hydraulic top link so I can adjust the top link to get it all attached pretty easily. I also like having the extra weight on the back. The QH05 is an extra ~40 lbs while the QH15 is 70 lbs.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I certainly see the appeal of the pats setup, and I've thought about getting it before. I know people that have them generally seem to be pretty happy with it as it allows them to attach to pretty much anything.
I have a QH10 and QH15 plus top-n-tilt on both tractors so don't see the appeal of the PATS system but I've never seen one let alone used one so possibly don't know what I'm missing. Some of the implements I have such as the Del Morino Centurion flail mower aren't QH compatible but it's still easy to hook up.

icehorse

Equipment
L3901, FEL, box blade, tedder rake, mini round baler, rotary cutter
Aug 10, 2022
I can drop an implant off the back and hook up a new one without ever getting off the machine. I guess that is not unique to having the hydraulic top link, but it makes connecting things very easy. With a pats quick hitch, it will require disconnecting the top link and reconnecting it each time I switch implements and having the top link laying down when nothing is attached.

These are minor gripes, but why I prefer the quick hitch versus the pats setup. The quick hitch also adds some extra weight.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm going to switch to the Pat's because I have some older implements.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
I'd lower the pin on the attachment and be done!

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I'd lower the pin on the attachment and be done!
I certainly thought about it, I’m just not inclined to alter a $3k attachment. I’ll need to think through if there is a non-permanent solution.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
They aren't the only distributer that sells them. Sometimes you have to put a little extra effort in to find what you need in this economy. ;)
I was pointing out that they are not paying attention to their website and keeping it current. An out-of-date website is worse than not having a website at all.

Papa V

Equipment
L4240 Land Pride Box Blade, Land Pride Disc, HLA Snowplow, EA WRR Grapple
Aug 4, 2022
Michigan
I recently added a QH15 to my tractor. I looked at the speeco due to the price but I saw different pictures and videos that showed the lower hooks leaving a gap between it and the pins. Now that I have the QH15 I'm happy with my decision to spend a few more bucks and get what I really wanted. The bottom hooks are tight to the bushings and with the bushings there is a lot of material holding everything tight. I was considering the Pat's but how does it keep from binding when you are tilting your attachment? I am very pleased with the quality of the land pride QH.