Kubota LX3310 (with ROPS) suspension seat adjustment

Ran Man

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 with LA535 FEL, QH10 QH & Land Pride RCR1860 Rotary Cutter
Jun 18, 2022
Herndon, Ky
I just received my new LX3310 open station tractor this afternoon. One reason I upgraded from a 2004 B7800 was to get the upgraded seat with the spring adjustment that is adjusted with the T handle located at the rear of the seat. I have adjusted the tension on the springs as loose as you can get it without totally removing the T handle and as tight as you can get it by tightening the T handle all the way up until you have used all of the threads on the adjustment bolt. No matter how I adjust it, the seat is still rigid with no movement at all in the suspension mechanism that appears is intended to allow some movement. I think this same setup is used on some other models. If anyone has experience with this type of suspension seat and could shed some light on my problem, I would appreciate your feedback.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would suggest you loosen it up and then try to get the pins moving by tapping them back and forth and having some penetrating oil applied.

Then you may have to see if the seat can now be moved or try rotating the pins

I assume that it is rusted or dirty

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just received my new LX3310 open station tractor this afternoon. One reason I upgraded from a 2004 B7800 was to get the upgraded seat with the spring adjustment that is adjusted with the T handle located at the rear of the seat. I have adjusted the tension on the springs as loose as you can get it without totally removing the T handle and as tight as you can get it by tightening the T handle all the way up until you have used all of the threads on the adjustment bolt. No matter how I adjust it, the seat is still rigid with no movement at all in the suspension mechanism that appears is intended to allow some movement. I think this same setup is used on some other models. If anyone has experience with this type of suspension seat and could shed some light on my problem, I would appreciate your feedback.
It's new.

Have your dealer fix it.

Reactions: 1 user

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Ran Man,
Believe K does use this "suspension" on other base models. Sounds similar to my OEM MX seat. Could NOT adjust it to a satisfactory setting. Simply not enough vert. travel & Spring rating is too rigid .
May not be what you wish to hear, but I replaced it. Installed a spring/shock combo base, and a new seat, better padding w/ bolster support. Now wish I had opted for arm rests as well. Also gave me more aft distance & mounting height, resulting in more leg room & visibility. Mounting is tricky, K seat mounting support is not standard. I left the original spring base in place & attached to it. Just for convenience, doesn't really offer any cushioning. Doubt you'll ever be satisfied w/ the OEM arrangement, just my opinion YMMV 🚜

Ran Man

Equipment
Jun 18, 2022
Herndon, Ky
I would suggest you loosen it up and then try to get the pins moving by tapping them back and forth and having some penetrating oil applied.

Then you may have to see if the seat can now be moved or try rotating the pins

I assume that it is rusted or dirty
Thanks Russell. You were spot on. The pins were very rusty and frozen tight. I couldn’t get it to break free while it was on the tractor. Here is the process I went through in order to resolve the problem:
I removed the seat and then the mechanism the seat was attached to. There were 2 bolts for the seat and 4 bolts for the mechanism. It only took about 5 minutes to get both off. The mechanism had been in the most upward position possible. I was able position it in a vise where I started spraying WD 40 in all pivot points of the mechanism. Slowly I was able to finally get the mechanism close to its lowest point. From that point it was a matter of prying the mechanism back open, closing it and spray it with more WD 40 on the pivot points and repeating this for approx. 40 times. (Yep, it took that many times to free it up as it needed to be). The last few times I applied WD 40, rust was running out of the pivot points. When it and the seat were installed back on the tractor, the suspension worked as it should with the tension springs being adjustable as intended.

Maybe this will help someone in the future if they have the same problem. It will always be kept inside at its new home and not have this problem again.

Ran Man

Equipment
Jun 18, 2022
Herndon, Ky
Ran Man,
Believe K does use this "suspension" on other base models. Sounds similar to my OEM MX seat. Could NOT adjust it to a satisfactory setting. Simply not enough vert. travel & Spring rating is too rigid .
May not be what you wish to hear, but I replaced it. Installed a spring/shock combo base, and a new seat, better padding w/ bolster support. Now wish I had opted for arm rests as well. Also gave me more aft distance & mounting height, resulting in more leg room & visibility. Mounting is tricky, K seat mounting support is not standard. I left the original spring base in place & attached to it. Just for convenience, doesn't really offer any cushioning. Doubt you'll ever be satisfied w/ the OEM arrangement, just my opinion YMMV 🚜
Yep, you may be right. The seat itself is very comfortable with arm rests and an adjustable seat back. I am hoping that with the suspension working now and the comfortable seat, it will livable and much better than the B7800 seat with no suspension. The B7800 was a beast though. Thought it was a lot bigger than it was. 😂

I appreciate your feedback!

Ran Man

Equipment
Jun 18, 2022
Herndon, Ky
It's new.

Have your dealer fix it.
I didn’t want to wait that long. And I like doing it myself when it’s something I can figure out.

Reactions: 1 user