What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
We are ok, thanks.
Upper 90s and really humid for our area. The weather event is called ‘derecho’ , we have had before and it knocked the cupola off our courthouse…anyways lots of folks have it way worse….but power crews are out getting it done round the clock…I hope everyone appreciates them and treats them well….be a shitty job they are doing in this heat so I really appreciate them.
Power out, but generator running well (knock on wood)…deep freezes and fridge are fine.
No broken windows or significant damage to house.
No townies in our area mocking me today for having a tractor or generator or chainsaw or a garden.
I don’t anticipate running out of firewood and I feel conservative in saying the dog has more sticks/branches to play with than she could have ever dreamed.
Have tractor and grapple - they are very helpful tools to have. I have a chipper new in box from last week that should get broken in soon. The B / grapple is outmatched for a couple of the trees….we will have an on going cleanup project from the looks of it. (Be a lot easier if MX were here at the house, but it could be worse…some people have trees on their house or cars or missing some roof, so really I am blessed to not be in worse condition)
Glad all is well and the generator is a godsend. Looks like you get the last laugh and the townies will keep quiet from now on 😂

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Glad all is well and the generator is a godsend. Looks like you get the last laugh and the townies will keep quiet from now on 😂
Ha…It will only last until power comes back on…or I bring in some extra vegetables (free)at work. If people are laughing at me then that means they are leaving someone else alone. I know my role. 😉

• Haha

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Finished up a sawmilling job with the M4900 doing the heavy work.
IMG_2438.JPG

Lifting a stack of 2X12's off of the sawmill.
IMG_2439.JPG

Easy does it.
IMG_2440.JPG

And then sticker them. The remaining unsawed logs are seen in the background.

I finished sawing today and will finish the final stacking tomorrow morning before it gets HOT.

Reactions: 5 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_2445.JPG

I finished the job this morning with 1920 bf of 2X12's, 2X6's, & 1X6's stacked/stickered for air drying.

Just as information for those that may not know, a board foot is one square foot one inch thick. Those 12 foot 2X12's = 24 board feet.

Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Great day in SW MI to get out of office and do some property maintenance. Started the day fluffing mulch at boat landing/park, we had almost 2,000 CY placed last year after raising tree canopy. Budget doesn’t allow for more so put the DD tiller to work..

Then onto drive and parking lot work. Started with the 7’ LPGS and finished with the 8’ Wingfield chain harrow. Those two combinations sure do a nice job. The drive was rutted terrible because I graded it in March when the stone was way too wet 😫

Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Nice! I worked for Ruger for a year and a half as a pistol engineer and was supposed to relocate to Precsott, but after a week there this time last year I just couldn't do it. Great money, good company, good people, but Prescott living wasn't for me.

Yesterday morning I was able to reserve a cabin on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for three nights in October right before the North Rim closes for the season. I'm going to hike from the South Rim to the North Rim with my significant other. I was supposed to do it two years ago and had it all set up but COVID ruined that due to limiting park access.
So why is it that my P90 jams (fails to cycle w/factory 230 gr Ball ammo) only after a hundred rounds….send it to Ruger…they return it and it works great for another hundred rounds…clean it…lube it….put it away…..then take it to the range….jams (fail to cycle) again? Is this why they quit making it?

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Gas line repair at my place from a tent stake driven thru my propane line. Dug the trench with the B2650 tuesday night in preparation for the repair wednesday. They wanted to incorporate the dig site/festivities and drone video/pics into some new marketing materials for the plumbing company. Calvary arrived wednesday and brought the mini for the photo shoot. If I had know that, I would've just used the mini for the dig (it would've been 10 times faster). Anyway, here it is.

Gas Line Dig 1.JPG

Gas Line Dig 2.JPG

mats.jpg

trench.jpg

Here's a money shot. Some fake pipe fusion happening here ;). Looks like I'm the only one laughing in the pic.

marketing.jpg

Cleanup

Gas Line Grade 1.JPG

Gas Line Grade 2.JPG

Gas Line Grade 3.JPG

done...for tonight.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Love that Dog!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dirtydeed, you must use a lot of propane to need that size of line !!

I had to chuckle at the four guys looking in the hole, and the dog wants to play ball. Typical construction site.

I appreciate your job pictures.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
So why is it that my P90 jams (fails to cycle w/factory 230 gr Ball ammo) only after a hundred rounds….send it to Ruger…they return it and it works great for another hundred rounds…clean it…lube it….put it away…..then take it to the range….jams (fail to cycle) again? Is this why they quit making it?
Limp wristed? Not holding a semi tight and firm can and will result in jams!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Limp wristed? Not holding a semi tight and firm can and will result in jams!
Nope. Like I wrote…for a hundred rounds it’s fine. And none of my other pistols have this problem. 1911/LC9s/etc. it’s not a jam. It’s a failure to cycle w/factory ammo.
Anyway… I don’t like to hi-jak the thread and I don’t really wanna discuss guns on the I-net… just thought mcmxi might have an “inside” on that model.
Back to Orange.

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Nope. Like I wrote…for a hundred rounds it’s fine. And none of my other pistols have this problem. 1911/LC9s/etc. it’s not a jam. It’s a failure to cycle w/factory ammo.
^^^^^^

A little more information on how this manifests might point to the issue.

Failure to 'cycle' (a complex action) doesn't narrow it down enough for us.

For the action to 'cycle' (I know you know) the following must happen:

1. Chambered round must fire.
2. Fired round must be of sufficient powder charge/bullet weight to produce enough back thrust.
3. Empty case must extract from chamber correctly.
4. Slide must strip another round from magazine. Recoil spring must be adequate enough to provide forward thrust for this.
5. New cartridge must feed smoothly into chamber (check magazine lips, angle of cartridge, extractor tension and feed ramp is so equipped).

WHERE in the above the is 'cycle' failing?

Failure to go completely into Battery after a number of rounds?

With quite a few semi-auto pistols....a weak recoil spring and failure to clean/lube the slide and rails after about 50 rounds will result in failure to go into battery. Doesn't matter if your other pistols will go 500 rounds. Replace magazine springs often (to preserve timing), replace recoil springs often and keep any troublesome pistol clean and liberally lubed.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
It fails to pick up a new round and chamber it. The slide ejects the fired round..then goes back into battery without picking up a new round. The recoil spring was replaced by Ruger. The pistol is properly lubed. The magazines are genuine Ruger and are new.
There is simply NO WAY that a pistol should require cleaning and re-lubing after only 50 rounds… But even worse… after repair by Ruger in Prescott… the pistol was returned to me…it functioned fine thru 4 or 5 mags…. was cleaned and lubed and put away.
About 6 mos later, it was taken to the range, a fresh mag was inserted with factory ball ammo… one shot was made… and the next trigger pull resulted in no discharge. (nothing in chamber and I can’t recall if re-cock even occurred..) :poop:

This is not the sort of thing I‘ve experienced with other Rugers, especially after factory repair. This pistol was purchased from a gun store in Dickinson, Tx and appeared in “like new” condition. It had been the personal duty weapon of a Dickinson police officer. I bought it, brought it home and discovered it’s idiosyncrasy… and sent it to Ruger.

Now you know the rest of the story. (I’m thinking the PO got rid of it before he got killed on-duty)

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It fails to pick up a new round and chamber it. The slide ejects the fired round..then goes back into battery without picking up a new round. The recoil spring was replaced by Ruger. The pistol is properly lubed. The magazines are genuine Ruger and are new.
There is simply NO WAY that a pistol should require cleaning and re-lubing after only 50 rounds… But even worse… after repair by Ruger in Prescott… the pistol was returned to me…it functioned fine thru 4 or 5 mags…. was cleaned and lubed and put away.
About 6 mos later, it was taken to the range, a fresh mag was inserted with factory ball ammo… one shot was made… and the next trigger pull resulted in no discharge. (nothing in chamber and I can’t recall if re-cock even occurred..) :poop:

This is not the sort of thing I‘ve experienced with other Rugers, especially after factory repair. This pistol was purchased from a gun store in Dickinson, Tx and appeared in “like new” condition. It had been the personal duty weapon of a Dickinson police officer. I bought it, brought it home and discovered it’s idiosyncrasy… and sent it to Ruger.

Now you know the rest of the story. (I’m thinking the PO got rid of it before he got killed on-duty)
If it fails to pick up another round there are only two possibilities:

1. Magazine related failure (spring, follower tilt), slide rides over cartridge. Weak magazine spring affecting timing.
2. Short cycling. Slide moves rearward enough to eject spent cartridge but not enough to pick up a new one. (Limp Wristing, inconsistent ammo, slide/rails fouling, loss of lubrication)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought a P90 in '92. It was my first centerfire semi-auto and it was junk to put it mildly. I traded it plus $300 or so for a new SIG P220 with Hogue grips. I still have the SIG. Ruger makes some great products and some not so great products but the P90 was never even a good product.

• Wow

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Toklat = Awesome.
Toklat = ugly! :ROFLMAO:

I sent my Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull to Hamilton Bowen of Bowen Classic Arms, and he turned it into something truly awesome. Function and beauty combined into one perfect carry gun for the trails up here with a 360gr gas checked hard cast bullet handload that chronos at 1,200 fps from the 4" barrel.