L 6060 AIR RIDE SEAT. How to get it to work as it should.

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
Good Day All:

I've had my new L 6060 for a few weeks now, But I'll be darned if I can get that expensive air ride seat to work as an air ride seat should. Does any one have any idea on how to do tha, to make that Air Ride Seat ride like an air ride seat?? Mine is like riding on my L 3800 and I did not spend the money on this seat & tractor for that kind of ride. Any constructive suggestions would be appreciated. I've already checked similar threads to no avail.

Thanks so much

Wayne

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have the air ride seat in the MX and it works well. You need to add air so that when you're sitting on the seat the indicator in the window at the front of the seat is in the optimal range. There's a clear section centered between frosted sections on the lens and I keep the pointer in the clear window when my weight is on the seat.

I will say that the standard seat that came in the M6060 is every bit as comfortable as the air ride seat in the MX.

Reactions: 1 user

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
I have the air ride seat in the MX and it works well. You need to add air so that when you're sitting on the seat the indicator in the window at the front of the seat is in the optimal range. There's a clear section centered between frosted sections on the lens and I keep the pointer in the clear window when my weight is on the seat.

I will say that the standard seat that came in the M6060 is every bit as comfortable as the air ride seat in the MX.
I have added air with NO positive effect. The seat & ride just got harder. Like riding on my L 3800. I will try the lower side of optimum to see how it feels but in the middle or the high end it is like riding on a rock with NO suspension.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Maybe you have something interfering with the mechanism.

Keep in mind these are low profile suspension systems with 2 inches of travel. It's not like the big rig seats with 4+ inches of travel and fore-aft isolators built in.

The OEM mechanical seats have 0.75 inches of suspension travel.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have added air with NO positive effect. The seat & ride just got harder. Like riding on my L 3800. I will try the lower side of optimum to see how it feels but in the middle or the high end it is like riding on a rock with NO suspension.
I hope you can find a setting that you like.

I find that the ride feels worse if my pants "stick" to the fabric of the seat. I put an old piece of bed sheet over the seat to reduce the friction between the seat and my pants, and hence between my pants and me, if that makes sense. I don't like a grippy seat ... very annoying after a while.

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Maybe you have something interfering with the mechanism.

Keep in mind these are low profile suspension systems with 2 inches of travel. It's not like the big rig seats with 4+ inches of travel and fore-aft isolators built in.

The OEM mechanical seats have 0.75 inches of suspension travel.
Good Point. I did not know that they only had 2" of travel. Thanks

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
I hope you can find a setting that you like.

I find that the ride feels worse if my pants "stick" to the fabric of the seat. I put an old piece of bed sheet over the seat to reduce the friction between the seat and my pants, and hence between my pants and me, if that makes sense. I don't like a grippy seat ... very annoying after a while.
That's interesting !! I'll have to try something similar. Thanks.

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
With your help I have gotten it figured out. I had put to much air in the seat. When I greatly reduced the pressure so that it was in the clear section when I was sitting on it, it had regained reasonable travel. I found I prefer the higher part of the clear area. Thank you for you help !!
Wayne

Reactions: 2 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

I agree about it not being any better. It does not seem to ride any better than the standard seat in my L5030 that I had. I am glad it is not just me that is disappointed in it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I agree about it not being any better. It does not seem to ride any better than the standard seat in my L5030 that I had. I am glad it is not just me that is disappointed in it.
In fairness though, the ride of the M6060 is way better than the MX so the seat doesn't have to overcome as much. Having larger diameter wheels/tires and a longer wheelbase contributes to a considerably smoother ride.