Sanity check on L2350 price

Matt_R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350
May 3, 2022
Andover, MA
Hi Folks, A friend is selling me his dad's Kubota L2350DT gear drive with only 250 hrs ('99) and we're wondering what is a fair price. It has a loader (LA450s) and appears to be in great condition. I've seen a few with many more hours and no loader listed for sale, but not the actual selling price. Any feedback would be much appreciated. It's my first tractor. Thanks!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
At a glance it looks like a peach. I would think in todays world it would be worth original MSRP (7900) I am not sure about the loader value. If single owner and you know the history that’s what dreams are made of buying the used. I would think the online auction site would be the high ask price and likely worth original sale price…at least that is what it is worth to me. Plus the the original price from a single owner that you know the history in really good condition would be a steal IMO.

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
That would fetch 10K-10.5K private sale in my neck of the woods. 11K plus at a dealership.

That's a nice one owner, low hour machine.

Reactions: 1 user

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
My first tractor, bought new in the mid-90s, was a 2350. Seem to recall it was 27 Hp, maybe 25. Anyhow, great machine and low hours like that a good bet. No idea on fair price. Is the ROPS folded over or is the top section available to the buyer if it was removed?

Matt_R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350
May 3, 2022
Andover, MA
My first tractor, bought new in the mid-90s, was a 2350. Seem to recall it was 27 Hp, maybe 25. Anyhow, great machine and low hours like that a good bet. No idea on fair price. Is the ROPS folded over or is the top section available to the buyer if it was removed?
Hopefully I'll get the top of the ROPS too. Good catch, thanks!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yes, the L2350 was made between 1991-1998.

25 hp......PTO hp approx. 20.3

Top of ROPS has been removed on that one. Not fold-able.......though I am sure they can be modified to do so.

Ones in good shape sell for over the 'new' price way back when.

A 'one owner' and maintained unit is the unicorn of these tractors and I would not let one get away if in the market for that size tractor.

I am going tomorrow to look at a unit owned for most its life by an elderly gentleman, then sold to a mechanic who had it for a little while and sold to the man (a friend of his) that has it now. So hoping it hasn't been abused along the way. Doesn't look like it has been.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hopefully I'll get the top of the ROPS too. Good catch, thanks!
While it has no worth, my gut said probably $8K before reading the replies...top half of the ROPS would be good to include though...probably around the place somewhere.

Edit: Remember you are at the same time helping out a friend. YOU buy it, he does not have to deal with the PITA things involved with selling it to an unknown person.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I sold my 1983 L345DT with loader in 1 day of listing last year for $9500 probably could have gotten more. There are no real book values on things, its real value is simply what someone else is willing to pay for it. What you are looking to buy has got to be worth a lot more than my old tractor

Matt_R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350
May 3, 2022
Andover, MA
Thanks all, it looks like $8K is about right; that's what it is! I appreciate the help. Matt

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Hope it works out well for you.

Went and got mine today. As it sits...still on the trailer. Need to get it down, clean it real well....baseline all the filters, fluids,etc.....

Kubota Purchased.jpg

Engine Hours.jpg

Dash Area.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
You can't see because of the camera angle, but the strap on the front loops over the tubing on the loader (that ties the two sides together). bucket is attached to the load arms of course, so by default, tied down.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Pulled all the body panels today so that I could clearly see everything underneath. I wanted to assess the condition of the hoses, wiring, belt, etc....and clean up a bit while under there.

I started Base-lining it (changing all filters, fluids, fan belt, etc).

Everything was pretty tidy in the engine area. I just hosed it down a little today. I'll get the pressure washer out tomorrow and clean things better...but it shouldn't take much really. Already cleaned the radiator and pre-screens, nothing was really all that dirty. Lucky Me.

Baseline1.jpg

Baseline2.jpg

Baseline3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Pulled all the body panels today so that I could clearly see everything underneath. I wanted to assess the condition of the hoses, wiring, belt, etc....and clean up a bit while under there.

I started Base-lining it (changing all filters, fluids, fan belt, etc).

Everything was pretty tidy in the engine area. I just hosed it down a little today. I'll get the pressure washer out tomorrow and clean things better...but it shouldn't take much really. Already cleaned the radiator an pre-screens, nothing was really all that dirty. Lucky Me.

View attachment 79540
View attachment 79541
View attachment 79542
It looks damn near new to me!
Sweet!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It looks damn near new to me!
Sweet!

Well the story (if it is to be believed) is that an elderly gentleman owned it for most of its life. Keep it out of the weather when not in use. He sold it (or estate sold it) to a mechanic who is a friend of the person I bought it from. He had it a year or so....then sold it to the fella I purchased it from about 3 yrs. ago. He decided he needed something larger, so supposedly I am the 4th owner.

Anyway.....it seems solid so far. Time will tell. I'm not hard on equipment....so if it has any life left in it.....it should last me awhile. I'm about to turn 68 so it might have more life in it...than I do. ;)

I'm not able to determine the year of manufacture however (just yet) because one the stickers is too faded and the other one (foil backed) is missing about half of it. It has like ONE prefix number left (6) which makes me think it 'might' be a '95 model or thereabouts. But that's strictly a WAG.