BX2230 Transmission Case

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
Neighbor got the "tooo long PTO shaft" disease on his BX2230. Pushed the PTO into rear housing so the unit needs a transmission case. Anyone know of a salvage BX1800, BX1830, BX2200, BX2230 or BX22 that may have a good transmission case? also need front and rear covers plus front and rear shaft. Let me know if anyone has an inkling of a unit that has a usable transmission case. THANKS

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
Neighbor got the "tooo long PTO shaft" disease on his BX2230. Pushed the PTO into rear housing so the unit needs a transmission case. Anyone know of a salvage BX1800, BX1830, BX2200, BX2230 or BX22 that may have a good transmission case? also need front and rear covers plus front and rear shaft. Let me know if anyone has an inkling of a unit that has a usable transmission case. THANKS
Just to let everyone know that I found one. So u can please disregard this search. I wish there was a way to delete the posts and wish more people would delete their posts. Some of these are ancient!! THANKS

Pawpaw

Equipment
BX1800
Apr 30, 2022
Cabot Ar.
RED, I’M LOOKING FOR A FRONT CASE IF YOU FIND AN EXTRA ONE ALONG THE WAY. I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE DRIVE SHAFT FROM THE FRONT PTO, AND WHILE USING A TILLER ATTACHMENT I ACCIDENTLY ENGAGED THE FRONT LEAVER. THE END OF THE DRIVE SHAFT BROKE OFF THE TRANNY FILTER AND THE NIPPLE WITH IT

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
RED, I’M LOOKING FOR A FRONT CASE IF YOU FIND AN EXTRA ONE ALONG THE WAY. I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE DRIVE SHAFT FROM THE FRONT PTO, AND WHILE USING A TILLER ATTACHMENT I ACCIDENTLY ENGAGED THE FRONT LEAVER. THE END OF THE DRIVE SHAFT BROKE OFF THE TRANNY FILTER AND THE NIPPLE WITH IT
There was a recent thread here at OTT recently about making a repair for the same or almost the same issue. I think it was in the repair forum.

Sorry, no link. you can probably find the thread though.

Found the link. Hope this might help you.

Edit: oh well…I see you are the OP of the thread I reference…:oops:

Last edited: