Can I adjust the lift height of 3 point hitch on MX6000

davemc

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Jan 9, 2022
USA
I have a Kubota MX6000. Is there a way to adjust the 3 point hitch so it lifts higher? When I have rotary mower attached, sometimes I would like to lift it high as I back into brush to cut it.

Not sure this makes a difference but I do have a Quck Hitch attached, QH15.

Thanks for any help.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
All tractors have a feedback link to trigger a stop to hydraulic flow to the 3 pt lift cylinder.

Usually you will see a small diameter rod attached to one of the upper lift arms.

With nothing on the 3 pt arms, raise them to the max height. Now try and lift the arms higher than the hydraulics have. If you can lift them about 1" then the lift rod is properly adjusted and the upper arms can go no higher.

Some tractors have optional holes in the lower lift arms so that the link which connects the upper arms to the lower arms can be connected in an optional position. One position provides great lifting weight ability, the other position provides greater lift height.

Many rotary cutters and mowers have a floating top link which can tolerate the tractor and mower going into dips without compressing and breaking either the tractor or mower. Often it is this feature which causes owners problems with lift height.

Post some pictures.

Dave

Brian H

Equipment
MX5200HST, MTL RK5 Gr, Ford 850, King Kutter brush hog, rototiller, blade, disk.
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
You can adjust lift height by moving the top link arm up/down on the end where it attaches to the tractor. Without looking at mine, i think there is 4 holes for the pin to go in.

davemc

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Jan 9, 2022
USA
You can adjust lift height by moving the top link arm up/down on the end where it attaches to the tractor. Without looking at mine, i think there is 4 holes for the pin to go in.
My top link currently hooks to tractor in the top hole. Will hooking it to a lower hole allow me to raise the mower higher? I am bad at figuring out the geometry of this kind of stuff.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
The higher the hole, the more parallel to the ground your implement will be at full height. The lower the hole, the more your tailwheel will point at the sky. If you had a hole about 6 inches higher than the upper hole, the tailwheel would point up when the 3PH is lowest and point at the ground when the 3PH is at its highest. I know this from an experience with an old Sears Roebuck aftermarket 3PH kit on the Farmall C.

RA125

Equipment
MX5400
Dec 19, 2021
Central Texas
I have a Kubota MX6000. Is there a way to adjust the 3 point hitch so it lifts higher? When I have rotary mower attached, sometimes I would like to lift it high as I back into brush to cut it.

Thanks for any help.
I have a brand new MX and just called the dealer for same issue. I ended up moving the top link to middle position and tweaking the length of top link.

Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I can tell you that whichever position you choose, you will find that the top link needs to be adjusted for best mowing contouring, vs max lifting. Max lift height would be what I would call transporting. The TopLink needs to push into the mower for best terrain following to make use of the floating top mount(Toplink hole over lower pin). This extended position decreases the max implement lift height.

The lower three point arms to lift arms, have a static height adjustment on the lift arms. Some have multiple lower mount holes in the 3 point arms. The mx6000 does not. If it did that would also change the lift geometry for force.

The top link tractor side, will change the range lift with lowest being the most range of motion.

For this reason I carry a crescent wrench to adjust in the field and before transport. For what your asking you may want to consider either not extending the top link to negate the floating cutter feature, and get your max lift height. It will cut poorly if you have much terrain. The other option is a hydraulic top link which would solve your issue, and give you best of both worlds.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
All tractors have a feedback link to trigger a stop to hydraulic flow to the 3 pt lift cylinder.

Usually you will see a small diameter rod attached to one of the upper lift arms.
Here's the feedback rod shown on my MX6000 (see red arrow).

feedback rod.jpg

feedback rod 2.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Thanks for any help.
I have the top-n-tilt kit from Kubota and it makes a big difference in terms of how high I can raise the rear of the RCR1884 rotary cutter. I could never drive on/off the flatbed trailer with the cutter attached without the cylinder for the top link.

Brian H

Equipment
MX5200HST, MTL RK5 Gr, Ford 850, King Kutter brush hog, rototiller, blade, disk.
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
I run mine in the lowest hole so I can perform the same type of brush hogging that davemc wishes to do.

Brian H

Equipment
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
My top link currently hooks to tractor in the top hole. Will hooking it to a lower hole allow me to raise the mower higher? I am bad at figuring out the geometry of this kind of stuff.
Yes

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I had the same issue with my MX6000. Easily fixed by moving the pins in the lower lift arms from the upper to lower holes. And I moved the toplink where it attaches to tractor from the upper to the center hole. I didn’t do any other adjustments suggested in this thread and it now lifts as high as I want it to.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The middle hole was an improvement over the upper hole. I was satisfied and didn’t try the lower hole.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have a brand new MX and just called the dealer for same issue. I ended up moving the top link to middle position and tweaking the length of top link.
Also move the pins in the lower lift arms to the lower hole.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I can tell you that whichever position you choose, you will find that the top link needs to be adjusted for best mowing contouring, vs max lifting. Max lift height would be what I would call transporting. The TopLink needs to push into the mower for best terrain following to make use of the floating top mount(Toplink hole over lower pin). This extended position decreases the max implement lift height.

The lower three point arms to lift arms, have a static height adjustment on the lift arms. Some have multiple lower mount holes in the 3 point arms. The mx6000 does not. If it did that would also change the lift geometry for force.

The top link tractor side, will change the range lift with lowest being the most range of motion.

For this reason I carry a crescent wrench to adjust in the field and before transport. For what your asking you may want to consider either not extending the top link to negate the floating cutter feature, and get your max lift height. It will cut poorly if you have much terrain. The other option is a hydraulic top link which would solve your issue, and give you best of both worlds.
The MX6000 does have two holes for adjustments on the lower lift arms.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
The MX6000 does have two holes for adjustments on the lower lift arms.
Yes, it does have two holes for the lift arms(vertical arms). It does not appear mx6000 come with multi hole hitch arms(horizontal). It was one of the first things I really noticed different about the l6060, mx6000, and larger compacts vs the smaller ones. Look at the l3560 hitch arms, they have multiple lift arm to hitch arm positions. This will greatly vary the geometry and lift force.
l3560 multiple hitch arm positions.
hitch hole.PNG

mx6000(one hole selection for hitch arm hitch arm.PNG

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yes, it does have two holes for the lift arms(vertical arms). It does not appear mx6000 come with multi hole hitch arms(horizontal). It was one of the first things I really noticed different about the l6060, mx6000, and larger compacts vs the smaller ones. Look at the l3560 hitch arms, they have multiple lift arm to hitch arm positions. This will greatly vary the geometry and lift force.
l3560 multiple hitch arm positions. View attachment 73148
mx6000(one hole selection for hitch arm View attachment 73149
I do know that moving the vertical adjustment on the lift arms to the lower hole and moving the top link to the middle hole provides plenty of additional lift. No other adjustments needed.