B2650 rear hydraulics… is this it? … sealed?

J-Lott-Peru

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 14, 2021
Chanchamayo, Peru
Hey guys.

Recently bought a used B2650. My first tractor. Getting to play some and do maintenance before starting serious work. Interested in the rear hydraulics; hydraulic 3rd point would be nice…

here’s a pic of the back
image.jpg

I’m assuming that’s what these 2 ports are… but one has a white easy to remove cap, the other appears to be sealed (yellow cap)
D6846858-39FC-4E2F-84DD-CBB1D458968A.jpeg

Am I right that this is for hydraulic top link? Is it sealed still from factory? Sealed for another reason? Any way to test if it’s working before buying a hydraulic top link?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey guys.

Recently bought a used B2650. My first tractor. Getting to play some and do maintenance before starting serious work. Interested in the rear hydraulics; hydraulic 3rd point would be nice…

here’s a pic of the back
View attachment 70077
I’m assuming that’s what these 2 ports are… but one has a white easy to remove cap, the other appears to be sealed (yellow cap) View attachment 70080

Am I right that this is for hydraulic top link? Is it sealed still from factory? Sealed for another reason? Any way to test if it’s working before buying a hydraulic top link?

Thanks for helping a newbie.
I am guessing not. It looks like it is a single outlet (one coupler and one hose) intended for a single acting cylinder.

Dan

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have looked through the manuals I have for the B2650 and note there is a hydraulic outlet block on the rear of the tractor normally provided for a loader.

Do you have a front end loader?

Dan may be correct ( almost always is ) but I would pop off the yellow cap and see if there is any stuff underneath.

The cylinder image visible above the yellow cap looks to be a double acting cylinder.

forum B2650 rear hydraulic.jpg

Dave

J-Lott-Peru

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 14, 2021
Chanchamayo, Peru
I have looked through the manuals I have for the B2650 and note there is a hydraulic outlet block on the rear of the tractor normally provided for a loader.

Do you have a front end loader?

Dan may be correct ( almost always is ) but I would pop off the yellow cap and see if there is any stuff underneath.

The cylinder image visible above the yellow cap looks to be a double acting cylinder.

View attachment 70086

Dave
Thanks guys.

Yes. Does have FEL.

You can’t see it in the picture, but there are 2 lines, 1 to each port. I’ll take a few more pics when I get back to the shop in a little.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

View attachment 70086

Dave
That's what I interpreted it to mean. But keep in mind that label is on the strut and would apply to all outlet blocks ganged under the strut so I don't think it is particulalrly definitive as to the individual outlets,

A better clue - look at the backside of the block - one hose or two? If one it is NOT double acting. If two it COULD be double acting OR it could be uni-directional with a pressure OUT and a pressure IN for a continuous flow implement like a log splitter or as the power beyond tap for a loader valve.

Dan

dmbjohn

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC FEL60"SSQA ,LP 60" BB, HLA 42" forks, Ingersoll 4118 snowblower
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
The white dust cap is stock, yellow is a replacement, thats a double acting I believe (no float). Kubota went up to two pairs on2650’s as far as I'm aware at least thats what mine came with. You would put one hose to each port that you have there and that would allow you control of a single cylinder.
Heres my set up currently.
A5D1989F-F3A3-490A-BC32-482A2BCDD6B3.jpeg

yes I keep a damprid in my cab…I'm paranoid I guess. Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The white dust cap is stock, yellow is a replacement, thats a double acting I believe (no float). Kubota went up to two pairs on2650’s as far as I'm aware at least thats what mine came with. You would put one hose to each port that you have there and that would allow you control of a single cylinder.
Heres my set up currently.
View attachment 70100
yes I keep a damprid in my cab…I'm paranoid I guess. Hope this helps
That label in your picture helps a lot. Two cylinder icons with numbered positions to match the two blocks.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Someone broke the white plug off the cable and lost it so they put the yellow cap on in its place. Remove the yellow plug and you will find a quick coupler, the same as on the other side. The white cover plug is available from your dealer parts department.
The B series is available with one set or two sets of rear remotes as options.

J-Lott-Peru

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 14, 2021
Chanchamayo, Peru
Someone broke the white plug off the cable and lost it so they put the yellow cap on in its place. Remove the yellow plug and you will find a quick coupler, the same as on the other side. The white cover plug is available from your dealer parts department.
The B series is available with one set or two sets of rear remotes as options.
Thanks! Now to get me a hydraulic top link!

Thank you everyone!