Credit card fraud issues!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Wow !
You are a LOT smarter than I am!

I just got off the phone with the PA bank.
It turns out that they are pushing an advertising gimmick ( I have always hated banks)
Their "4 points" per dollar, would actually only be worth $8 cash back, for each $1,000 spent,....... while I interpreted it to be 4% cash back.
They were just fishing for an old sucker like me,....and caught one!

I owe you a great big THANK YOU for pointing out that deceptive crap out!
I'll stick with my no fee Citi Bank card at 2% cash back, and be happy!
Thank you VERY MUCH!
Color me, old, and .......Just plain DUPED !!!

That new credit card has now been chopped into many little pieces, with glee!
I will confess that I kept getting offers from credit card companies, something like "Spend $500 in the first three months, and get $200 back." I always figured it was a scam and threw the offers into the recycle bin.

Then I got one from USAA, a respected bank that serves verterans. I have used USAA for a number of years now, and always had the highest respect for them. Their credit card gives 1.5 percent cash back on everything.

So I figured why not trust them and take advantage of this crazy offer.

I opened a new credit card account, used it for more than the $500 in the first month. Paid off the balance and asked where was my $200?

Got the run around for almost a year before I gave up and learned my lesson. EVEN reputable organizations play the same game... (n) to USAA.

BUT I still think USAA is a good bank...but now for the most part, and not 100 percent!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I will confess that I kept getting offers from credit card companies, something like "Spend $500 in the first three months, and get $200 back." I always figured it was a scam and threw the offers into the recycle bin.

Then I got one from USAA, a respected bank that serves verterans. I have used USAA for a number of years now, and always had the highest respect for them. Their credit card gives 1.5 percent cash back on everything.

So I figured why not trust them and take advantage of this crazy offer.

I opened a new credit card account, used it for more than the $500 in the first month. Paid off the balance and asked where was my $200?

Got the run around for almost a year before I gave up and learned my lesson. EVEN reputable organizations play the same game... (n) to USAA.

BUT I still think USAA is a good bank...but now for the most part, and not 100 percent!
In May of 1962 I joined USAA as a newly minted Naval flight cadet.
They were GREAT in the beginning.
Over the ensuing nearly 60 years they have become huge, and gone steadily downhill.
I do still use them for insurance purposes,...... but with some reservation.

My friends and I now refer to it in jest as "UAA"...since the quality of "services" has disappeared.
A bit different definition of the word" services" .

Last edited:

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
USAA has been OK to me. Not great. When I close out my current accounts with them I doubt I'll go back.

For straight-up banking I've been quite happy with Ally.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Over the ensuing nearly 60 years they have become huge, and gone steadily downhill.
I do still use them for insurance purposes,...... but with some reservation.
Had them since I was in the USMC. Dumped them last year, after 34 years. Just another insurance company at this point so why pay a premium for the same thing.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Had them since I was in the USMC. Dumped them last year, after 34 years. Just another insurance company at this point so why pay a premium for the same thing.
I am confused about the paying a premium comment. I do not pay any premiums to USAA for anything, but I do get free checks...which my local bank does not offer anymore.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am confused about the paying a premium comment. I do not pay any premiums to USAA for anything, but I do get free checks...which my local bank does not offer anymore.
One of the very best things about USAA is the annual dividends.
I get the regular member annual dividend, plus an additional annual senior dividend.
I like those two annual dividend checks.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Your insurance was free!!!! Maybe I need to call back and get THAT deal.

Should have specified it wasn't a comment about credit cards. o_O

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
One of the very best things about USAA is the annual dividends.
I get the regular member annual dividend, plus an additional annual senior dividend.
I like those two annual dividend checks.
I do not think I get anything like this, but free checks is enough to keep me happy...

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Your insurance was free!!!! Maybe I need to call back and get THAT deal.

Should have specified it wasn't a comment about credit cards. o_O
Confused...never claimed I got any insurance from USAA.

Maybe I am replying to a comment posted to someone else? If so, sorry for my confusion.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Confused...never claimed I got any insurance from USAA.

Maybe I am replying to a comment posted to someone else? If so, sorry for my confusion.
you're both talking about different services usaa provides, so not the same thing