Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I don’t know or care what your vaccination status is…but those unvaccinated do already have an increased risk of severe disease. Actually much greater than the vaccinated. BUT only if one believes what is generally claimed and reported worldwide.
WOW just WOW.

You must have better comprehension skills than that. Seriously.

Here is the title of the article from the CDC again. Maybe read it, and the article this time before replying.

CDC Director Walensky: There is an “Increased Risk of Severe Disease Among Those Vaccinated Early”

It didn't say a word about the UNVACCINATED having an INCREASED RISK of SEVERE DISEASE from taking the vaccine BECAUSE THEY NEVER TOOK THE VACCINE AND HAVE NO INCREASED RISK.

<Head in sand>

Reactions: 1 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Our local news station ran a story last week where they "reported" that the scary Delta variant is "surging" through our community. They said that there are 145 confirmed cases per 100,000 residents in our county.

I did the simple math and arrived at 0.145% infection rate...sounds pretty devastating doesn't it?

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Our local news station ran a story last week where they "reported" that the scary Delta variant is "surging" through our community. They said that there are 145 confirmed cases per 100,000 residents in our county.

I did the simple math and arrived at 0.145% infection rate...sounds pretty devastating doesn't it?
When my wifes hospital reports "We are at capacity" they have 6 patients on vents. A hospital that has beds for hundreds are leaving everyone to believe they are full when they are actually running really light.

Don't go introducing numbers and math/science into this political science discussion, it seriously confuses some of the people. - lol.

Reactions: 4 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
WOW just WOW.

Here is the title of the article from the CDC again. Maybe read it, and the article this time before replying.

CDC Director Walensky: There is an “Increased Risk of Severe Disease Among Those Vaccinated Early”

It didn't say a word about the UNVACCINATED having an INCREASED RISK of SEVERE DISEASE from taking the vaccine BECAUSE THEY NEVER TOOK THE VACCINE AND HAVE NO INCREASED RISK.

<Head in sand>
I guess when you see a weather report that says "it will be a beautiful day tomorrow without a cloud in the sky" that you question what color the sky will be because the report did not include the color blue...

You may not realize it but vaccines do often lose their effectiveness over time, and require boosters. Examples include Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap), the pneumonia vaccine, a flu shot, and the shingles vaccine, which builds on the chicken pox vaccine given to kids.

Why would you expect the CDC director to state the obvious. No reason to really. Doesn't change the message.

Increased risk is independent of whether one took the vaccine or not. The delta variant appears to be much more serious than the original virus, as it is more highly infectious, and therefore more easily transmitted from one individual to another.

So unvaccinated also have increased risk of infection, and data indicates that a severe illness may be more likely.

Make your decision, live with the results. While I responded to your post, I did so because you seem to be misrepresenting the reality of the situation.

Why does anyone need to try to keep convincing others to think one way or the other? My intention in this reply is not to do that, but rather just to state information which can be considered by others when making their decision.

I agree you do seem to have (to quote you) <Head in sand> !

:ROFLMAO:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Speaking of letting them die, I stepped on a nail. When I called the hospital to see if I needed a tetanus shot I couldn't get an agreeing answer between 3 nurses. I would think the solution to this med and the required time to get a booster (if required) would be common since it was discovered in 1891.

If there is disagreement on tetanus how can there be agreement on the current serum?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I guess when you see a weather report that says "it will be a beautiful day tomorrow without a cloud in the sky" that you question what color the sky will be because the report did not include the color blue...

You may not realize it but vaccines do often lose their effectiveness over time, and require boosters. Examples include Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap), the pneumonia vaccine, a flu shot, and the shingles vaccine, which builds on the chicken pox vaccine given to kids.

Why would you expect the CDC director to state the obvious. No reason to really. Doesn't change the message.

Increased risk is independent of whether one took the vaccine or not. The delta variant appears to be much more serious than the original virus, as it is more highly infectious, and therefore more easily transmitted from one individual to another.

So unvaccinated also have increased risk of infection, and data indicates that a severe illness may be more likely.

Make your decision, live with the results. While I responded to your post, I did so because you seem to be misrepresenting the reality of the situation.

Why does anyone need to try to keep convincing others to think one way or the other? My intention in this reply is not to do that, but rather just to state information which can be considered by others when making their decision.

I agree you do seem to have (to quote you) <Head in sand> !

:ROFLMAO:
So you didn't read the article.

She was talking about SEVERE DISEASE not covid. Severe disease as well as a host of other things, (blood clotting, stroke etc.). You also said "but those unvaccinated do already have an increased risk of severe disease". And just what severe disease?

I don't need to convince anyone of anything. I am not a doctor, but I have been sleeping with a nurse for 35 years.

I think you should get the shot monthly.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
No, but a lot of the time we won't even be able to see the sky. 😀

Funny, that you use a weather analogy. Most of us don't trust our lives to weathermen/women, either. 😉

Reactions: 1 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Speaking of letting them die, I stepped on a nail. When I called the hospital to see if I needed a tetanus shot I couldn't get an agreeing answer between 3 nurses. I would think the solution to this med and the required time to get a booster (if required) would be common since it was discovered in 1891.

If there is disagreement on tetanus how can there be agreement on the current serum?

Tetanus is part of the Tdap or Td combination vaccine. Basically you need a booster every 10 years.

However you have a live exposure so the question is not about a vaccine, it is Tetanus Ig (immunoglobulin). Totally different.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
No, but a lot of the time we won't even be able to see the sky. 😀

Funny, that you use a weather analogy. Most of us don't trust our lives to weathermen/women, either. 😉
I kind of get the feeling that some here think I am promoting something...

Well, I am not really. At least not in the basic sense of what promotion might mean.

I do have a reaction when I see what appears to me to be misinformation...no different than anyone else probably....

My personal main point was and is, make your decision and live with it. I did. Others likely did too.

When it comes to this thread I can't help but think at this point: Let's Let it die!

:)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I kind of get the feeling that some here think I am promoting something...

Well, I am not really. At least not in the basic sense of what promotion might mean.

I do have a reaction when I see what appears to me to be misinformation...no different than anyone else probably....

My personal main point was and is, make your decision and live with it. I did. Others likely did too.

When it comes to this thread I can't help but think at this point: Let's Let it die!

:)
You said the unvaccinated have a higher chance of severe disease. Do you care to let us know which ones? Or was that some of the misinformation you are railing against?

As far as the thread goes, they are changing the story every day so lets not put our heads in the sand. If you don't like the callous "let em die" (could be a friend/relative of yours you are letting die) change it, or we could always start another thread.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Vlad Putin values freedom of choice more than my fellow commie Americans .lol sad

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm posting this from a friend from another forum.

" Small stores couldn’t stay open but Walmart could. If you’re standing in a restaurant you can catch and spread Covid and so you need to wear a mask but when you’re sitting down, then you’re perfectly safe. California banning dine in and hair salons but then you have the governor ignoring his own rule and Nancy Pelosi walking about the hair salon maskless. Rules for thee, not for me. Now the latest, people who “stepped up”, did what was “patriotic” and went and got their vaccine are NOW being told once again that they must wear a mask despite being vaccinated.

But you go on and keep telling yourself it’s all for your protection, that the government loves YOU, they care about YOU, that all of this really IS about a virus and IS NOT about control. If that helps you sleep at night. I hope gullibility is more fixable than stupid."

Reactions: 3 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
On a positive note!

The Swedes are still rocking it!

No mandates, No lock downs, and no results worse than other places that did.
(sure, they are not at the bottom of the stats, but they are not at the bottom of many stats.)

I think they did it right.

Australia and NZ on the other hand. ... Ohh boils my blood.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
WOW just WOW.

<Head in sand>
Maybe you should include her complete quote or perhaps that doesn't fit your agenda?

“Additionally, reports from our international colleagues, including Israel, suggest increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early. Given this body of evidence, we are concerned that the current strong protection against severe infection, hospitalization, and death could decrease in the months ahead, especially among those who are at higher risk or who were vaccinated earlier during the phases of our vaccination rollout.”

She was clearly referring to the decreased efficacy of the vaccine as time goes on. Exactly what Israel found and is now administering a 3rd 'booster shot'

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I realize that some will feel this is so called "fake news", but I found this interesting:

America's third largest airline, Delta, is to impose a $200 (£145) monthly surcharge on employees who are not vaccinated against Covid-19.

It will also only pay sick pay to Covid sufferers who have been double-jabbed but still get infected.

Boss Ed Bastian said it would help stem the "aggressive spread" of coronavirus as infections rise across the US.

It is the latest attempt by a big firm to cajole staff into getting jabbed.

In a memo to staff, Mr Bastian said Delta's surcharge would apply from 1 November to staff enrolled in its healthcare insurance plan, meaning most of its 75,000 workers will be affected.

He said the average hospital stay for Covid-19 now cost Delta $50,000 per person which was untenable.

"This surcharge will be necessary to address the financial risk the decision to not vaccinate is creating for our company," he said.

"In recent weeks since the rise of the B.1.617.2 variant, all Delta employees who have been hospitalised with Covid were not fully vaccinated."

EDIT: Copied from the BBC website: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58335109

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Maybe you should include her complete quote or perhaps that doesn't fit your agenda?

“Additionally, reports from our international colleagues, including Israel, suggest increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early. Given this body of evidence, we are concerned that the current strong protection against severe infection, hospitalization, and death could decrease in the months ahead, especially among those who are at higher risk or who were vaccinated earlier during the phases of our vaccination rollout.”

She was clearly referring to the decreased efficacy of the vaccine as time goes on. Exactly what Israel found and is now administering a 3rd 'booster shot'
ROFLMAO - Agenda? I'm not profiting billions off this. But nice try.

Kudos for actually reading the article.

YES YOU ARE 100 percent right, now of you could just explain it to the others.

The people that got the vaccine early are at increased risk of severe disease. They need additional booster shots. They will probably need them forever.

PEOPLE THAT NEVER GOT THE EXPIREMENTAL mRNA GENE THERAPY (VACCINE) ARE AT NO GREATER RISK OF SEVERE DISEASE.

Do you have a bunch of medical stocks?

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
ROFLMAO - Agenda? I'm not profiting billions off this. But nice try.

Kudos for actually reading the article.

YES YOU ARE 100 percent right, now of you could just explain it to the others.

The people that got the vaccine early are at increased risk of severe disease. They need additional booster shots. They will probably need them forever.

PEOPLE THAT NEVER GOT THE EXPIREMENTAL mRNA GENE THERAPY (VACCINE) ARE AT NO GREATER RISK OF SEVERE DISEASE.

Do you have a bunch of medical stocks?
Honestly, NHSsleddog, perhaps you should stop for a moment, take a deep breath, and reevaluate what you are promoting.

Try to be objective...

And give specifics for what you are claiming. NOT just links to articles, for which you do not reference specifics yourself.

Granted, I guess I am also guilty of doing the same thing to some extent, but not quite as much.

Differing opinions are healthy and helpful, but more so if one specifically states why...

Status
Not open for further replies.