Bx2370 fuel problem

Ed V S

Equipment
Bx2370
Aug 2, 2021
Victor ny
I have done everything possible but still have poor fuel flow. Changed filters many times, drained fuel tank and blew it out with air. Added fuel treatment for bacteria and yet it runs smoothly for 1 to 2 hours then quits. After setting for 15 to 30 minutes it starts and runs fine. I have considered the possibility that something like a piece of paper or plastic is floating in the tank but no easy way to confirm it. Removing the tank is a huge job but I am not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for your help. Ed

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have done everything possible but still have poor fuel flow. Changed filters many times, drained fuel tank and blew it out with air. Added fuel treatment for bacteria and yet it runs smoothly for 1 to 2 hours then quits. After setting for 15 to 30 minutes it starts and runs fine. I have considered the possibility that something like a piece of paper or plastic is floating in the tank but no easy way to confirm it. Removing the tank is a huge job but I am not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for your help. Ed
I have managed to remove bugs and other debris that plugs the fuel outlet by siphoning the fuel out of the tank with a length of heater hose or similar.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
A couple thoughts:

Does your tractor have an electric 'lift pump' near the tank? My lift pump would quit after running about 20 minutes and the engine would stall out. (there is often a filter between tank and lift-pump which needs to be replaced occasionally)

Have you tried GENTLY blowing compressed-air INTO the tank thru the fuel-line? Some folks have found this can dislodge debris and restore fuel flow.

It may not hurt to pull the hose which feeds fuel into the injection-pump and put into a container. Then turn key ON and let the lift-pump run for awhile. Perhaps this could help ascertain that the lift pump can run for more than 30 minutes.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
assuming it's the same as my 3 yr old BX23S....pull the tank.....it's the ONLY way to confirm/deny that there's a 'floater' inside.
did that on my BX23S over a 3 day weekend though K will book 3 hrs to 'pull/clean/reinstall'.
due to the design of the tank , compressed air won't get 'it' out....You need to remove seat/fender unit anyway to get fuel guage anyway so 3/4 way there. I chug..chugged 1/2 mile to get home, after I pulled tank I tossed water into tank and 3rd or 4th flushing out can a chard of plastic( think 1/4" D 1/2 bagel.....)blew tank with air, sloshed WW fluid, more air, repeat,repat,repaet, left tank in hot sun. Used LED borescope to CONFIRM nothin in there.....
been fine ever since ( +140hrs....)

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just a question, you say you changed everything, how about fuel hoses? They do sometimes get soft and will collapse in on them selves. The electric lift pump thats a head of the tank filter, you might want to see if that is over heating or the connections have gone south. But I would try the lines befor you take the tank out first. Let us know what you find